You are dead to me, good sir.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
Lokao0 said:
What is Doctor Who?
ohnoes.png
It is the longest running sci-fi series in tv history. It is in the Guinness book of Records both for being the longest running and also the most successful. First broadcast in 1963 it is British. Basically you have a man called 'Doctor' who is from another planet his race are called time lords and he is the only one left in the universe. He travels back and forth in time and all around the universe in his spaceship/time machine called the TARDIS. The TARDIS looks like a police phone box from the outside but is massive inside. He usually has a human companion travelling with him. And he is a goodie. Shown around the world in about 40 countries at any one time.
smile.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Miss Panda said:
Lokao0 said:
What is Doctor Who?
ohnoes.png
It is the longest running sci-fi series in tv history. It is in the Guinness book of Records both for being the longest running and also the most successful. First broadcast in 1963 it is British. Basically you have a man called 'Doctor' who is from another planet his race are called time lords and he is the only one left in the universe. He travels back and forth in time and all around the universe in his spaceship/time machine called the TARDIS. The TARDIS looks like a police phone box from the outside but is massive inside. He usually has a human companion travelling with him. And he is a goodie. Shown around the world in about 40 countries at any one time.
smile.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw
Actually, some of your information isn't correct.

1) He is called "The Doctor," not "Doctor." The latter is used because saying 'the doctor' all the time is much too formal, I would suppose.
2) Yes, he is a Time Lord, but the people of his race aren't ALL Time Lords. Only part of this race becomes Time Lords or Time Ladies.
3) He is NOT the only Time Lord left until either the 9th or 10th Doctor's run. Maybe even the 11th's run.
4) The TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimensions in Space) merely CAN look like a Police Box. The 'chameleon circuit' (the thing that allows the TARDIS to look like a Police Box) is broken and was never fixed.
5) He is not a 'goodie'. There is no blue and orange morality for The Doctor. He is of a neutral morality and only performs acts of good because he either goes wherever he performs these acts of good on a whim and gets caught up in goings on or must prevent the destruction of an entire species.

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sora de Eclaune said:
5) He is not a 'goodie'. There is no blue and orange morality for The Doctor. He is of a neutral morality and only performs acts of good because he either goes wherever he performs these acts of good on a whim and gets caught up in goings on or must prevent the destruction of an entire species.
That reminds me about what he said in "A good man goes to war": "I´m not a good man. Good men don´t need rules and this is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
I so love this line, allmost as much as Rorys "Would you like me to repeat the question?".

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bump with a vague theory that came to mind earlier.
Say on the beach, that the astronaut suit did have the girl in and that it was River, with the Doctor perhaps the Flesh copy. If the girl was dying, maybe the Doctor let her shoot him, not with an ordinary gun/finger/weapon/whatever, but in some way as to gather data or something needed about regeneration, in case her level of hybridisation wasn't quite enough to guarantee a successful regeneration otherwise? It would have been fine as there would still have been the other Doctor around to save the universe, and the girl (if it was indeed the girl in the suit, and the if girl is River) used what was gathered to survive?
Alternatively, it could have been the suit on automation or someone else inside to the same effect.

Bit out of left-field, though, and most likely not right, but the thought came to me. Girl might not even be River.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sora de Eclaune said:
koimayeul said:
Shame it never came out in France, i never seen a single episode of this just heard it was cool
frown.gif
This is why the internet was invented, friend. I can't link you to the site I use to watch episodes I've missed, but google around and you'll find it.
Might do the search out of curiosity, but 6 season is a lot.. all i know about this show is the DS game playing like Layton, i liked it although on the easy & short side game. I just need subtitles cuz it's impossible for me to understand well from speech ^^

Chikaku-chan

ᏁᎽᎪ~
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I asked my mate (she is obssesed with it) and she says start on season 1 of the new Dr. Who, now what year was it? and is there a simple reason why the Docs keep changing actors?

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Skyrix said:
I asked my mate (she is obssesed with it) and she says start on season 1 of the new Dr. Who, now what year was it? and is there a simple reason why the Docs keep changing actors?
The new one started in 2005.
He keeps "changing" because the Doctor regenerates (happens when he is about to die, some safety mechanism of the time lords)

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Series one of the revival (2005) is "season 27". American English proves a complication in this case. And yes, regeneration. If fatally injured (or by choice), Time Lords can regenerate, changing their bodies and sometimes behavioural characteristics, while retaining memories and values.
Same person, new body.

LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Skyrix said:
So basicaly, Same person (Dr.Who), Different body (Different Actor)
Yes
glare.gif
Its convenient as an ability, and convenient outside of the show as a way to make the series age proof... By that I mean it has the potential to have the same main character for all eternity
tpi.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🚽 [flush] [walks in without washing my hands] Hi guys 👋 :)