Do your teachers post their worksheets on their websites?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by ThatDudeWithTheFood, Oct 31, 2013.

?

Do they?

1. Yes(All of them)

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. No(None of them)

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. Sometimes(Some of them)

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  1. ThatDudeWithTheFood
    OP

ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

Mar 9, 2009
    United States
    Illuminati
    I'm doing a survey and I need to know if you would fill out the poll that would be helpful.
    Also it would be greatly appreciated if some of you guys would PM me the teacher's websites however if you're not comfortable with that for whatever reason that's cool too.

By worksheets I mean any of these things:
    Practice Tests
    Practice Quizzes
    Problem Sets
    Homework
    Class or Lecture Notes
    Study Guides

This is applicable for both High School and College Students.

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    it depends on, the class, the school, the teacher, school policies, and other factors

3. Bobbyloujo

Bobbyloujo I am a millipede, I am amazing.

Jul 24, 2010
    United States
    United States
    I'm in college and we use an online system called Angel. Professors and instructors don't have their own websites but many assignments are done through Angel. Angel is a pretty sucky system though. I wish we used something better.

4. ThatDudeWithTheFood
    OP

Mar 9, 2009
    United States
    Illuminati
    Do you go to more than one school?
    I need more specific information.

5. ilman

ilman Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    Teachers have websites? :huh:
    Mine sure don't.

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    It has been a few years since I was playing the education bit and at least some of that was distance learning which kind of necessitated at least some course materials to be online.

Before that yeah any of the technically inclined would have done it. Methods were typically internal/behind a password system which is a pity as it has reduced the value of searching with site:.edu OR site:ac.uk and typically came in the form of word documents, powerpoint presentations or the occasional PDF. Straight HTML was rarer but happened from time to time.

7. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    All of my professors post at least one of those items you listed. The majority of them use most of your list.

Generally the older the professor, the less online resources posted.

8. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    No, but I haven't been in school since the 90's. In college everyone had email (students and teachers), but that just went through the school mainframe (eventually we could get on the web, but it was still really early for that). I think in one programming class we could turn in our programs via email (normally we had to turn in a printout and a floppy), but that was pretty much it for online presence of classes.

9. ThatDudeWithTheFood
    OP

Mar 9, 2009
    United States
    Illuminati
    Care to link me?

Where I live they're required to.

10. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Most restrictions are due to copyright of course content (quite often my professors or lecturers have done a lot of research papers or course books, which restrict publishing the contents). On the other hand, our University's internal course system lets the content be locked only to Uni students and personnel.

Most problem with course exams are the relatively similar questions to course material. Releasing practice exams is basically releasing new course homework/problem sets that are already released weekly for most courses.

Oh and it's a University of Technology with pretty much 99% continuing at least to Master's level (typical for the Finnish higher education).

11. Sop

Sop groovy dude lmao

Banned
    Nov 14, 2010
    qld
    yeah all my language teachers do

12. pasc

pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    nope. I have to work it all by myself.

13. ThatDudeWithTheFood
    OP

Mar 9, 2009
    United States
    Illuminati
    Could you possibly link me?

14. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    Yeah, all of the teachers at my school are encouraged to use a site called Edmodo. A group works (and almost looks) kinda like a Facebook group (You can post messages to the group, PM the teacher, have group-wide polls, use an event calendar, etc.), with the addition of a couple of school-relevant features (everyone can upload files + attach them to posts, teacher can post assignments and grade them, etc. It even has an achievement system but barely any of the teachers at my school use it). They also have an app so you can view assignments and stuff from your phone.

Here's a link to the website, but I can't link you to my group page since groups are invite-only :ha:

15. jargus

jargus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    United States
    My college uses a site called Blackboard to host syllabi, powerpoints, documents, turn in assignments, and conduct quizzes/exams. Its up to the individual teacher to decide how what it is used (or not used) for in each class. In one I'm taking now all the material is on the Testout website and he just copies the text information into word docs for us to look at.

16. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    OP: All I can do is post a link to the main page. Or I can take a screen shot. Just know that my teacher puts this stuff online.
    Mine does too; I don't think that means worksheets, though. My computer teacher does; he puts the assignments on BB so we can look at them just in case we lose the paper handout.

Oh my god, I love how you mention using floppy discs for storage. I have one just as a souvenir, just to remind me what it was like back then. :)