Gaming Do your DSi L and R buttons work?

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DS Lite's shoulder buttons stopped working a week after i bought it (used)

My DSiXL's shoulder buttons have been working perfectly thus far. I've only had it for a month.

player1244

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, my DSi shoulder buttons do work, but my R button is less responsive than my L button is. I'll try the blowing trick later
smile.gif

EDIT: It actually did work
biggrin.gif

DeadlyAnGeL91792

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dsi's shoulder buttons are just plain horrible...they work when they feel like it and no matter how many times i blow them, it just wont work.

(maybe im not doing a good enough job?)

0_0 ohhhh you guys are sick...

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or, Nintendo is trying to remind us of the old GB series, nes,snes,and n64 days of the game cart
Blow into it! It'll make it work! rofl

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
Well the R button on my DSi doesn't work at all... I've tried the blowing into it thing many times and it just feels like it's not even hitting anything anymore...
Like the L has it's usual click and feel and works.. but R just is there.. doesn't do anything.. doesn't even make a click sound when you press it.
Any clue on how to fix it?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
johncenafan427 said:
here's the best solution, and i know from experience, since i had 2 DSIs:

GET RID OF IT!

get a ds lite, trust me.

one of my dsi's was used, and the second was brand new,
and both eventually had the same problem.
Even worse I went through 5 different DS lites and all of them somehow had broken L and R buttons. The DSi's are better. My R button on my DSi is kind of bad you have to press it either hard or on the middle of the button.

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
The buttons on my regular DSi work when they feel like it. Sometimes, the L button won't work for months but then it'll decide to work for an hour or two - same goes with the R button now unfortunately. The same thing's happened to a few other people I know with normal DSis.

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
danweb said:
i also find that sometimes, you can hit the button at the back and not the front, or you need to push down the 'whole' button.

Same here. when they DO decide to work, I usually have to press the entire button or the centre of the button - I can't press the edge or anything. It sucks that a lot of DSis suffer from shoulder button issues; it kinda reminds me of the hinge problem on the earlier DS Lites.

danweb

Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
yeah, i actually claimed a shop warranty on my broken L button on my DSi and got a brand new one for free. It wasn't that simple and i put in a bit more money to get a DSiXL and a shop warranty for the new one. The new one is also having the same problem so i will claim the warranty again, put in a bit more money and get a 3DS. At least i hope it will work that way
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @btjunior, you act like if you were about 10