Hacking Do you use the Wiimote on your PC, yet?

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What is the exact filename? I can't identify the script you are talking about. You could also paste it here. Please use Code and Spoiler tags for that, though. Are you sure that script includes the functionality you want from it? Did you try another script?

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Now this is pretty weird, while using your script, OrR, in windows, the mouse works as well as it should, but when I launched Duke3d to test out the mouselook function, it seems the IR isn't there anymore... Yet the rest works!
Same with zsnes... No emulating a zapper/super scope/playing an FPS with REAL mouselook, the way it should be played, instead of that pile of crap red steel...

I don't have HL2 and I dont really feel like installing a more advanced game to keep testing, TBH... But how the hell do you get the mouselook function to work?

Wuschmaster

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Do you use the Wiimote on your PC, yet?"
No, and I don't plan to do it, because it's lame abusing the wiimote like this... I hate how people use it now for their crappy shit...

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"Do you use the Wiimote on your PC, yet?"
No, and I don't plan to do it, because it's lame abusing the wiimote like this... I hate how people use it now for their crappy shit...
unsure.gif
Well, it's your own fault, nothing I can do about it...

@Hitto: Huh? Weird stuff happening to you there... No idea what the problem could be really... Maybe GlovePIE needs a higher priority to run correctly in the background?

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ten days later its bumped! Mwahahahaha.

Anyway, I finally got my Bluetooth USB dongle today and well, so far no luck at all, well, just barely.

Without the Bluesoleil drivers it seemed to work sometimes with glovepie. I was able to get the lights scripts to work and to get rumble. Though I only got any actual joystick control just once. A second time it worked only half way. Plus re calibration just disconnected the darn thing.

I installed Bluesoleil and now it seems to connect a little better but glovepie just doesnt seem to work with it at all anymore.
Though it'll freeze sometimes while disconecting or reconnecting and loading/runing/stoping a script sometime close to it.

Ive tried WiinRemote and even that WiiTest prog and they just dont seem to respond at all.

Dunno if Im missing something or what >.<

Oh ya, forgot to mention, with bluesoleil after I get the wiimote connected it just stays in flashing discover mode and doesnt stop till I attempt a disconnect (sometimes freezes the app) or just pull the batterys (usually doesnt freeze that way xD)

So any ideas on what I might be missing? Or this cheap Bluetooth dongle (with no company name what so ever on it. Though it did come with Bluesoleil thankfully. 39 meg download is not good for 56k >.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
sorry...way off topic. but damn, 56k still exist> yesterday i was complaining because i was only getting 145 up and 45 down. sorry to hear about your woes.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry...way off topic. but damn, 56k still exist> yesterday i was complaining because i was only getting 145 up and 45 down. sorry to hear about your woes.

I hear that comment way way too much...

Does everyone really think 56k is gone? Most laptops have a 56k modem, plus not every place can get DSL or even cable. Not to mention cable is very expensive when it should really be alot cheaper >.<

Besides, 56k is more portable ;P

Ya, I need cable or something :/ way below the times. Just wish it was cheaper.

Anyway, on topic, Ive been able to connect the wiimote just fine as I said before, with bluesoleil
but it just locks up and doesnt stop blinking. Holding the power button will turn it off however.

2.1.3.0 version might be buggy and locking the device I guess? Eitehr that or I need to reinstall.
Looked into updates, but 2.3.0.0 will cost me :/

Also the WiiTest program seems to give me the blue screen if thewiimote is already connected. Wich is odd.

So am I just supposed to run /bluesoleil then glovepie or wiinremote and its supposed to work? Also is the controller supposed to have its lights go off and stop responding to button presses (lights turn on when you press buttons while its off). Is that how its normally supposed to work?
This thing is starting to get agrivating :/
Bluetooth dongle seems good thogh, celphone works well through it atleast :3.

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes and I use the drum kit on GlovePIE. I left the 'motes connected to bluetoof and they drained my batteries. Good thing they're rechargable. The only way I know to disconnect them is to remove them from known bluetooth devices...?

edit - oh yeah. Zoom bluetooth adapter with stock drivers.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
QUOTE said:
I hear that comment way way too much...

Does everyone really think 56k is gone? Most laptops have a 56k modem, plus not every place can get DSL or even cable.

I feel your pain. I only have dialup at home; DSL is too expensive when I have a broadband connection at college I use for Interweb sucking, so it wouldn't really make sense to pay that much money only to be able to check my mail a bit faster.

Well, as it turned out, I can't use any online features of the Wii or DS without some serious broadband, and yet, it still costs too much to have DSL only to play games online. It's an enchanted circle; I won't get DSL because I have dialup, but I don't use dialup because it's too slow; essentially, at home, I'm Webless, because I have broadband at college, but I can't do anything Web-related there either becase the Wii is at home
unsure.gif

Back to the topic:

You should uninstall the old Bluetooth drivers in the Device Manager in Control Panel, and then install the new ones, otherwise they can clash and give you problems. Windows XP are notorious when it comes to drivers, because they install their generic drivers for everything, and those clash with the real drivers you install later
dry.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I just found this thread.

OK, so I can make an IR emitter using 3$, a soldering iron, and some wire, but does anyone know how much a USB Bluetooth adapter costs? And any suggestions on specific products?

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mine cost 8 € and that includes shipping. Getting one with the BlueSolei driver would probably be a good idea but you probably won't be able to find out before you buy it and it's not that important anyway. Make sure to get one with a range of 100 m, I'd guess that 10 m can be a bit low.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
56kers need to be recongized! we still exist! We like internet too!
I have some Wii features working just fine on my Wii though. I was able to share my 56k connection through my router tough sadly it seems to only work with the WEP protection off. But eh, not alot of "WiFi aware" poeple around my town anyway.
Been planing on taking the plunge for cable though. If I can convince the folks that it isnt gonna bring evil demon installers into the house to ruin everything. though they would have to get the cable enabled and TO the house in the first place >.>

Anyway, on topic.
I tried the bluesoleil drivers on my desktop PC and well, it worked flawlessly.
Works great and perfect each time. Though the random beeping from the bluesoleil prog gets annoying sometimes.
Also strangly, when I pluged in my bluetooth USB dongle into my desktop for the first time, it disable all my network abilities somehow. Though with a hunch I installed bluesoleil drivers and it fixed it O-o. Really weird that was.

However its my laptop Ive been having all the troubles with.
So far Ive been able to use the main drivers with the wiimote with some time to attempt to get it connected.
Though I like the bluesoleil drivers as they connect with my celphone real well. (as a 56ker who scavenges for bandwidth, this is an important feature) File transfers work well too :3.
I'll try uninstalling the origonal drivers and installing the bluesoleil drivers after it.
Infact, when I found my network problems the first thing I did was uninstall all the bluetooth drivers thinking they were messing them up. So thats probly why bluesoleil worked out so well. Though uninstalling the drivers didnt do a thing to fix my network troubles, strange that bluesoleil fixed it really.

Oh and one other thing, during the bluesoleil install setup, it seems to freeze during the "bluetooth DUN modem" installation phase until I kill the MSISETUP (I forget the exact filename). Might just be the old drivers, even though bluesoleil does say its removing them during the install.

Im starting to think it might just be Windows Media Edition.
That OS has been acting rather weird lately for me.
Like for instance my search function stoped working and dos progs dont work without an emulator. Though the search funtion thing might just be from my tweaking when I first got the thing xD

Anyway, thanks for the tips.

Oh and Using GlovePie, the Wii sensor bar (wiimote connected to PC), and the Gunbuster arcade game in mame. Well, its just fun :3 Gunbuster really works well with the Nunchuck and Joystick IR pointer programing that came with it. Well, I had to program nunchuck controls myself, but eh, works out great :3

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which USB Bluetooth adapter should I buy besides ZOOM? Anything cheap? I looked at a few on PriceGrabber, but I don't know which work best with GlovePIE.

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i made my own IR sensor bar, was quite easy too, cost about $5

-piece of wood (to house the wires and l.e.d's)
-4 x IR l.e.d (transmitting)
-wire
-USB cable and wire
-solder and soldering iron.

works a treat
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: I'd like another 8 TB HDD yes thank you very much +1