How to Use a PS3 Controller to play Star Wars Battlefront 2 on your PC

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by XFlak, Oct 10, 2012.

1. XFlak
    OP

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    How to Use a PS3 Controller to play Star Wars Battlefront 2 on your PC

[​IMG]
    I decided to make my own button profile for this awesome game cuz everything else I found online was garbage or I couldn't get it working. The controls match the controls for the PS2 perfectly!

Download Link

Included in the above download is an Xpadder controller profile for the PS3 controller as well as a game profile for Battlefront2. As a bonus I've also included a "Windows" profile so you can use your PS3 controller to control your mouse if you wish.

I've also included a READ ME in the download that should explain everything you need to do (which isn't much) to get it working. Here is a copy and paste of the Battlefront2 READ ME.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 Infantry Controls
    [​IMG]

Star Wars Battlefront 2 Starfighter Controls
    [​IMG]

There are a couple things that you will need that is not included in the above download link.
    The first is MotioninJoy: It's free and is still being updated so just grab the latest version from http://www.motioninjoy.com
    The second is Xpadder itself, you can buy it for $10 bucks or so, but there are cracked versions floating around the net if you just want to try it out before you buy it.

Also, I wanted to point out that you can play online multiplayer with this game (and many others) for free using tunngle. Half the reason I'm sharing this is cuz I hope it will help grow the Battlefront 2 tunngle community! So hopefully I'll see some of you in the tunngle Battlefront 2 room\server!

edit:
    On a sidenote, MotioninJoy can also allow your PS3 controller to emulate an xbox 360 controller. So you can use MotioninJoy's Xbox 360 Controller emulator (without Xpadder) to play games like Borderlands 2, Blur, etc.

edit:
    if you have audioloop errors like I did, this is the solution

Make a shortcut to:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\BattlefrontII.exe"
    In this example, save the shortcut to the same folder and under the same name (BattlefrontII.lnk)

Then go to the properties of that shortcut and add an argument to make it look like the following:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\BattlefrontII.exe" /audiomixbuffer 50

To get it to start Xpadder at the same time, create\edit the properties of a shortcut to Xpadder so it looks like this:
    "...PATH...\Xpadder [5.7].exe" "Battlefront2" "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\BattlefrontII.lnk" /M

Use this shortcut to launch the game

source

Attached Files:

Farhan221 and soulx like this.
  2. Farhan221

Newcomer Farhan221 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thanks bro helped me a lot.

XFlak likes this.