Gaming Do you think the DS is almost dead?

What do you think?

• No,it still has a chance to live and all it needs is a big release

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes,its dead in terms of it not having more big releases(slowly dying)

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Don't give a damn gave,have the hot 3DS anyways

• Others(Please specify in post)

• Total voters

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on what games you're into and what languages you can speak.

If you can speak Japanese, you still have a bit more to look forward to.
Again, even if you do, it depends on the type of games you enjoy.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I think the DS will remain strong through the holidays this year. Then the release of good games will slow to a trickle. By two years time I think it should be completely dead.

A lot of that prediction is based on how fast the price of the 3DS drops though. It's too expensive to replace the DS now.

Singularity_UK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sure, but I've still got a TON of games to play on my DS so I'm not too fussed. And there's still AAI2 and Professor Layton 4 to come out on the DS, assuming they're not hastily ported to the 3DS.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
In Sweden, it died after the B/W releases, essentially. It's a relatively painless death this time, compared to Gamecube's death IMHO. I've yet to let go of my Cube
frown.gif

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Its not dead, and wont die anytime soon. The 3DS came too early with too many problems IMO. Most of my friends are waiting until exceptional games start getting released for it. Games are everything, the system is just a tool.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Takanato said:
Theraima said:
I'd say its slowly dying, no big releases to look forward to.

O.o wut u talking bout -slaps-, theres alot of games that were confirmed to be localized and they havent been yet so wutaboutdatz
Development for new games has come to a stop...if all there are only localizations left, the DS is pretty much dying.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Takanato said:
You guys don't get what the 3DS is -.-' Its just another mod of the DS like the DSi. DS games won't die, trust me. Not every ds gamer company is gonna make 3ds games, they're gonna continue making normal ds games. When the DSi came out, there were barely any exclusive games for it compared to the normal ds games.

Also did you guys forget about the game droughts that usually occur during this time of the year so just chill 3ds know-it-alls.
the 3DS is not a DS and it's not a mod of the DS. The DSi is a revision of the DS, and is thus a DS. The 3DS is a new generation. Saying the 3DS is a DS is like saying a PSX is a PS2 (actually, it's almost the exact same scenario). Back on topic.

It'll probably survive for a while, I just have a feeling it will.

ThriLL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS hasn't even been out for a month, how is the DS dead? Peaked is the better word to describe it. Expect the DS to be in the same position as the PS2 during the PS3's first year on the shelves.

Takanato

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
machomuu said:
Takanato said:
You guys don't get what the 3DS is -.-' Its just another mod of the DS like the DSi. DS games won't die, trust me. Not every ds gamer company is gonna make 3ds games, they're gonna continue making normal ds games. When the DSi came out, there were barely any exclusive games for it compared to the normal ds games.

Also did you guys forget about the game droughts that usually occur during this time of the year so just chill 3ds know-it-alls.
the 3DS is not a DS and it's not a mod of the DS. The DSi is a revision of the DS, and is thus a DS. The 3DS is a new generation. Saying the 3DS is a DS is like saying a PSX is a PS2 (actually, it's almost the exact same scenario). Back on topic.

It'll probably survive for a while, I just have a feeling it will.

Lolwut..It is a mod of the DS, it uses the same hardware type as the DS, therefore it is a mod of the DS with 3D graphics. DSi was also a mod but with a mic and a webcam and other new shit so u get ur facts straight. Pretty sure the advancement from GBA to DS wasn't called Itouch GBA rofl.

P.S. There are various ways to mod hardware.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Takanato said:
Lolwut..It is a mod of the DS, it uses the same hardware type as the DS, therefore it is a mod of the DS with 3D graphics. DSi was also a mod but with a mic and a webcam and other new shit so u get ur facts straight. Pretty sure the advancement from GBA to DS wasn't called Itouch GBA rofl.

P.S. There are various ways to mod hardware.

What.

That's like saying the GBA is a mod of the GBC. The 3DS is a NEW console and a new generation.

Get your facts straight.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Takanato said:

I don't usually approve of violence, but you sir deserve a slap. I really wish people would at least google something before answering peoples questions. Just because something is backwards compatible with an older system, does not make it a 'mod' of that older system. By your definition, a Wii is nothing more than a modded gamecube, an NDS is nothing more than a modded GBA, which is just a modded Gameboy. We all know how many new Gameboy/GBA/Gamecube games are still being made.
It also quite obvious that as I can run C64 (you might need to google what one is) games on my laptop, then my laptop is nothing more than a modded C64, so there was never any reason for people to stop making C64 games commercially.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here