Hacking Do you think Gateway has jumped ship?

Do you think waiting on Gateway to update will ultimately be fruitless?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimskeet2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well since they haven't even answered a single email in the last month nor have they made any official announcement it seems very possible to me that they have jumped ship.

jimskeet2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I hope newbies who just bought Gateway don't get a heart attack :P

I have my GW since before Christmas and I use it on my og 3ds. But I really don't like their tricks... Posting features that they can't support yet saying they are coming soon and almost half a year later still nothing...

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Not likely.
If you've been following this team from the beginning (Aug 2013) they always:

1. update their blog erratically - communicate poorly
2. impress the scene with new features that were not expected
3. release card updates in unpredictable time increments (months or days apart)
4. just generally are unpredictable, except for always coming through in the end when people say they're done

This is easy on me since I have an old and new 3ds that are hackable but I do understand the frustration of newer customers that are unaccustomed to this non-professional business practice (this is an unregulated black market industry you have to understand). But don't give up at least until summer, they'll come through.

"No we still believe blindly in GW team"
way to rig the poll results with fanboy garbage. please try to encourage thoughtful discussion in the future. I tried to give you my level-headed thoughts on the matter. If it turns out gateway is done for good and A good CFW alternative is released, I wouldn't mind in the least. Whatever works best for the scene at large -- I'm not married to a piece of plastic.

smasbros

Trophies
XP
Country
They are closing down gateway and setting up a new company with a new cart that supports new 3ds:evil:

Did you mean gateway team will create a new brand 3ds flashcard that can support all 3ds include new3ds?
but why? gateway has so many users...

D

Deleted User

history has a nice way of repeating itself, besides, it's only been 25 days since GW's last official post

Exactly. It's only been 25 days. People need to relax and GW will come through

ThaDoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm quite sure they'll release an update in the next couple of months. The previous update had some communication bugs on their side too. :rolleyes: Although they used to answer e-mails with standard reply's about how soon we could expect the update... seems they don't do this now.

Reactions: Margen67

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GW will come through

HJJXIZ8.jpg

Reactions: Margen67 and SLiV3R

jqrn

Trophies
XP
Country
Not likely.
If you've been following this team from the beginning (Aug 2013) they always:

1. update their blog erratically - communicate poorly
2. impress the scene with new features that were not expected
3. release card updates in unpredictable time increments (months or days apart)
4. just generally are unpredictable, except for always coming through in the end when people say they're done

This is easy on me since I have an old and new 3ds that are hackable but I do understand the frustration of newer customers that are unaccustomed to this non-professional business practice (this is an unregulated black market industry you have to understand). But don't give up at least until summer, they'll come through.

"No we still believe blindly in GW team"
way to rig the poll results with fanboy garbage. please try to encourage thoughtful discussion in the future. I tried to give you my level-headed thoughts on the matter. If it turns out gateway is done for good and A good CFW alternative is released, I wouldn't mind in the least. Whatever works best for the scene at large -- I'm not married to a piece of plastic.

I agree with you here. GW updates are very unpredictable. I myself got a GW 3ds cart back in autumn 2013. And I never had any problem with it. I love it. But here is the thing that i worries me. Back in 2013 and halfway in 2014, GW was the only real option, beside clones. Today the scene has changed significantly. I see sky3ds as a very worthy competitor to GW. And sky3ds even works on the newest FW on N3DS.
GW released a video several months ago showing that they got GW working on N3DS. But they havent released it yet.
Now, here is the situation. GW know that sky3ds works on N3DS, why havent they released their FW. GW are actually forcing people to go buy the sky3ds card if they got a new 3ds.
I bought a N3DS. But i also bought a sky3ds. why? because I am tired of waiting for SOON.

I encourage other to buy sky3ds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around...