Hardware Do you still play with your GBA?

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 3,243
  • Replies 30
D

Deleted_171835

OP
Do you still play with your Game Boy Advance? I recently tried to speedrun in Super Mario Bros 3. with Warp Pipes and got a terrible time of 18 minutes!

D

Deleted User

OP
Sure I do -- if I want to play a GBA game I'll play it on one of my GBAs, because nothing beats playing it on the real thing.
smile.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I still play GBA games. I only got into handhelds about a year before the DS came out, so there's a lot of games I've yet to play from the GBA era.

While I do have a GBA SP (with the good backlight) and a DSlite, I prefer to play GBA games on the DS simply because the DSlite has become my "pocket arcade" and I have it loaded with games in both slots. My GBA SP is more of a bathroom unit now.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Over the night I play GB Micro, it's perfect for dark places, and over day I play my front lit GBA SP with the light turn off.....My original GBA is carefully boxed, and preserved!
smile.gif

Hell yeah I still play GBA games ON GBA because:
QUOTE said:
nothing beats playing it on the real thing

Noltron

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, especially becuase of games like ff chrystal chronicals (for gc, only multiplayer w/multiple gbas.), four swords (same as ffcc), megaman battle network series (gba), and all things that need WIRES for multiplayer.

I definitely am a little mad that Nintendo didn't put a wired multilayer slot for link cables for the gba to gba mltplyr games as well as gba to gc mltplyr games.

I also use my sp for gb color and gb pocket games, for neither the gbc or gbp have a backlight in it, and the ds isnt capable of playing these.
Love the pokemon pinball, zelda seasons ages, zelda: links awakining, things like that!

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Never had a GBA. But I do play GBA games on my DS. Some pretty good classics still out there. Last game I tried was Minish Cap.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
Never had a GBA. But I do play GBA games on my DS. Some pretty good classics still out there. Last game I tried was Minish Cap.

You've never had a GBA?
ohmy.gif
You're missing out on one of the best handelds ever FTW.

I sometimes use my GBASP when my DSi is dead. Sold my GBA though.
cry.gif
Sad mistake.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
[BnC said:
Mitchell]

You've never had a GBA?
ohmy.gif
You're missing out on one of the best handelds ever FTW.

I skipped a generation with handhelds. Had the original Gameboy though. I still classify that as one of the best handhelds out there. Just the lack of back lighting was annoying...

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually have an original GBA besides my GBA SP+ and DSlite.....some dude cleaned out his garage, found it, and gave it to my brother. When he first got it, it was non-functional and was impacted with dirt in the GBA slot, in the buttons, inside the unit....everywhere. But my brother, who was an Electronics Technician for many years, cleaned it up and gave it to me. It's white with gray buttons, but has a purple battery door that looks like it was for rechargeable batteries, but regular batteries hold in it just fine. It has a big gnarly scratch across the screen, but you could still play on it and the buttons all work. I don't use it and it's just collecting dust. It came with a GB game called Crash Test Dummies......that's still plugged into it.

I kinda forgot I had it.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember going to Hawaii when I was younger and I was sitting in our hotel, which had huge window panes everywhere, playing my GBA and the entire time all I could think about is "man I wish I had that new fangled gameboy SP so i could see the damn screen!" I finally got one one day then I sold it a while back and now the only gameboy I own is the Micro which I picked up one day just because I had 70 spare bucks. if I would have know I could sell an unboxed Famicom GB Micro on ebay today for like twice as much I bought it I would have never opened it. But I really love it. I swear I play it more for the smallness of the unit then the actually games. But this past week I have just started using it again and I love it. The battery NEVER dies.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I still use my GBA to read E-books. It's smaller and lighter and more portable than the DS. I don't play it as much, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I love how insurance companies can deny procedures because they deem it not medically necessary despite the procedure being ordered by a doctor
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Going with that right now with a dental claim morons put the wrong company name and rejected claims been on hold an hour for the claims department
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, BTW is it better to go usb or bt for these mini Pcs figure you may know since you play with rack systems so much
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Counting my blessings that my insurance hasn't caused me really any headache (yet, at least) despite the fact that I've been getting way more appointments and what not recently due
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @K3Nv2, what do you mean, what are you trying to do?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just looking at a built in mouse pad keyboard combo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I loose the dongle constantly but they may have better connection with usb frequency
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Imo Bluetooth is always a option of last resort for me
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Except for phones because it tends to be pretty reliable there
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a bad habit of taking out usb transmitter and loosing it because they can't you know print names on the damn things
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    But any desktop OS, I've never had anything but frustration trying to get Bluetooth devices to work reliably and stable. It might pair and connect once, and then next time I go to use it I have to delete and re-pair it again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    5.3 has been so good I think 6 is really going to make it stable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember how shit 3 was
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Ptouch labeler aren't terribly expensive, label shit yourself fam. This is the one I own and there are cheaper ones too https://www.amazon.com/Brother-P-Touch-PTH110BP-Portable-included/dp/B09QXYND6S
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Solves part of the problem, mixing up which dongle is which. Then you just have to not lose them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Double D would be proud
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Even my Xbox One controller I have it paired to my desktop over Bluetooth, it USUALLY works but sometimes it refuses to connect and I have to delete and re-pair it. Maddening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gigabytes built in mobo bt/wifi pairs pretty decent
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That's what I'm using :(
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ran a driver update in device manager?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Not recently but I think it's less a driver issue and more just Windows having a garbage Bluetooth stack
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be I was having issues when I first upgraded it and didn't realiser gigabyte has specific driver revisions which is stupid
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Which is married to the boards revision
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Made my first review
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I've gone years without ever removing a logitech usb transmitter. Across several replacements of keyboards and mice. It just stays put.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: I've gone years without ever removing a logitech usb transmitter. Across several replacements of...