Do you still play with your GBA?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by soulx, Jul 5, 2009.

?

Do you still play with your Game Boy Advance?

1. Hell yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Heck no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sometimes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Only if I had a pizza and a beer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Jul 5, 2009

Do you still play with your GBA? by soulx at 5:15 PM (2,537 Views / 0 Likes) 30 replies

1. soulx
    OP

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Do you still play with your Game Boy Advance? I recently tried to speedrun in Super Mario Bros 3. with Warp Pipes and got a terrible time of 18 minutes!

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
  3. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Sure I do -- if I want to play a GBA game I'll play it on one of my GBAs, because nothing beats playing it on the real thing. [​IMG]

4. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Yes, I still play GBA games. I only got into handhelds about a year before the DS came out, so there's a lot of games I've yet to play from the GBA era.

While I do have a GBA SP (with the good backlight) and a DSlite, I prefer to play GBA games on the DS simply because the DSlite has become my "pocket arcade" and I have it loaded with games in both slots. My GBA SP is more of a bathroom unit now.

5. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Over the night I play GB Micro, it's perfect for dark places, and over day I play my front lit GBA SP with the light turn off.....My original GBA is carefully boxed, and preserved! [​IMG]

Hell yeah I still play GBA games ON GBA because:

6. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Love the SP. Still bust it out for games once and a while.

7. Noltron

Newcomer Noltron Member

United States
    Yes, especially becuase of games like ff chrystal chronicals (for gc, only multiplayer w/multiple gbas.), four swords (same as ffcc), megaman battle network series (gba), and all things that need WIRES for multiplayer.

I definitely am a little mad that Nintendo didn't put a wired multilayer slot for link cables for the gba to gba mltplyr games as well as gba to gc mltplyr games.

I also use my sp for gb color and gb pocket games, for neither the gbc or gbp have a backlight in it, and the ds isnt capable of playing these.
    Love the pokemon pinball, zelda seasons ages, zelda: links awakining, things like that!

8. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    My SP is next to my DS all the time [​IMG]

Still have to finish FF6 [​IMG]

9. jphriendly

Member jphriendly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Couldn't agree more. [​IMG]

My micro still gets a lot of action. Playing GBA games on my Lite just isn't the same.

10. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Have no GBA [​IMG]

11. Xoo00o0o0o

Member Xoo00o0o0o Xoo00o0o0o is in the house

United States
    Lol i have every gb-gba there is.

12. mrgone

Member mrgone GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    played mother3 on it (GBA SP) when the translation came out
    i think i'll flash golden sun 2 on it next, found my old save uncompleted file recently [​IMG]

13. frazzledazzle

Newcomer frazzledazzle Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    since i got golden sun the other day, my GBA hasnt been out of my hand! [​IMG]

14. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Never had a GBA. But I do play GBA games on my DS. Some pretty good classics still out there. Last game I tried was Minish Cap.

15. MissingNo._

Member MissingNo._ aka MissingNoL

United States
    You've never had a GBA? [​IMG] You're missing out on one of the best handelds ever FTW.

I sometimes use my GBASP when my DSi is dead. Sold my GBA though. [​IMG] Sad mistake.

16. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    I skipped a generation with handhelds. Had the original Gameboy though. I still classify that as one of the best handhelds out there. Just the lack of back lighting was annoying...

17. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I actually have an original GBA besides my GBA SP+ and DSlite.....some dude cleaned out his garage, found it, and gave it to my brother. When he first got it, it was non-functional and was impacted with dirt in the GBA slot, in the buttons, inside the unit....everywhere. But my brother, who was an Electronics Technician for many years, cleaned it up and gave it to me. It's white with gray buttons, but has a purple battery door that looks like it was for rechargeable batteries, but regular batteries hold in it just fine. It has a big gnarly scratch across the screen, but you could still play on it and the buttons all work. I don't use it and it's just collecting dust. It came with a GB game called Crash Test Dummies......that's still plugged into it.

I kinda forgot I had it.

18. CheatingSoi

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    I remember going to Hawaii when I was younger and I was sitting in our hotel, which had huge window panes everywhere, playing my GBA and the entire time all I could think about is "man I wish I had that new fangled gameboy SP so i could see the damn screen!" I finally got one one day then I sold it a while back and now the only gameboy I own is the Micro which I picked up one day just because I had 70 spare bucks. if I would have know I could sell an unboxed Famicom GB Micro on ebay today for like twice as much I bought it I would have never opened it. But I really love it. I swear I play it more for the smallness of the unit then the actually games. But this past week I have just started using it again and I love it. The battery NEVER dies.

19. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    I still use my GBA to read E-books. It's smaller and lighter and more portable than the DS. I don't play it as much, though.

20. tylerxian

Member tylerxian GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I gave it to my brother ever since I got my DS. Sometimes I still wish to play some games I didn't get to before.