Do you REALLY remember your FIRST Video game ?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As ever you all make me feel old. Many of the things I see being initial or notable earliest experiences for you I was playing either new or at a point when I could already think about things/quasi review them as art or whatever.

As for the question then nothing I will note as my first. Various friends, people I was visiting (their power as child distraction devices has long been recognised), cousins, hand me downs from parents/uncles all feature here as things it could have been. Even if I do remember it then I will have trouble distinguishing it from what I played of them afterwards; I was doing retro before it was cool and realised the games still played just fine so continued on with them for years, not to mention no flash carts and Christmas and birthday money is so far apart that you would only get a minor injection per year to do anything with. Even when I did start to get pocket money it would have taken an age to get games.

Equally computer gaming was not a distinct thing for most of my youth -- barring the easily ignored piece on the news it was mostly a toy for children and treated as such, no different to playing with lego really.

Reactions: Alexander1970

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First game I saw, and played? Pong. Not sure how old I was when it came out, but i'm 44 now. Spent all the money I made mowing lawns at the arcade. At the time arcades had games that you just couldn't play at home. Then it was Karate Champ on the C64. I remember typing in page after page of basic on the C64 to program a pong game. if you turned off the computer then you lost all of your work. Now the earliest game I fell in love with? The first Zelda. That shit changed my life.

Seroczynski

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BC's Quest for Tires

iu

Played on our Commodore 128D on a black and white monitor. Good times :)

lucoia

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's an easy one for me, I got a 1975 picture of me standing over a chair in front of the Pong coinop playing it in the bar my family owned. That says it all about my passion and bond with videogames.

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Binatone ping pong back in the mid 70s

thou i still remember seeing Space Invaders for the first time in the late 70s in the local arcade and a mass of people stood around it

also another one that stood out was DK country on the Snes, the sound, graphics and game play was amazing

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to say it was Tetris on my aunt's brick Gameboy. But it might have very well been Sonic 1 which I played in a hospital waiting room. My brother had a really really nasty bout with ecoli when he was about 2. I was 4 I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q