Do you REALLY remember your FIRST Video game ?

D

Deleted User

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the Model 1 EU Sega Genesis.

I still have that EXACT same cartridge and the EXACT same console nicely packed away. About the only things I own from my childhood.

Reactions: Alexander1970

D4X

Ultra 64
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Such an interesting question! My first game was either Super Mario Bros. (NES) or Metroid II: Return of Samus (GB), I can't recall which was first. Both blew me away as a kid!

BLsquared

Game Programmer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toy Story 2, The New Tetris, and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 on the PS1, my family's first console. I don't quite remember which I played first, or when we got it; plus It burned out pretty early on though (2003?), and we moved to Nintendo from that point on, with the exception of the original XBOX. Man those days really changed my life. I knew I wanted to make my own games....

Last edited by BLsquared,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The first game that really grabbed my attention was Star Raiders on the old Atari 8-bit line of home computers. That was back in 1979. Amazing game, the godfather of 3D shooters! This was just merely two years after the release of the first Star Wars movie. Crazy! Sad thing is that it shows my age a lot. :(

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The first game that really grabbed my attention was Star Raiders on the old Atari 8-bit line of home computers. That was back in 1979. Amazing game, the godfather of 3D shooters! This was just merely two years after the release of the first Star Wars movie. Crazy! Sad thing is that it shows my age a lot. :(

Ha, don't worry about it you're not alone there's a few oldies among us and it was a great game.

leshracbelmont

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SMB on the NES. I was 4, and i saw it played by my older cousin.
Needless to say, for my 5th birthday I asked for a NES with SMB.
Then there was Gradius, Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania, Kid Icarus...

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

My first Atari 800 XL game as cartridge.I can´t believe it.:cry:
It has a manual on RED PAPER,impossible to copy at that times.
Thank you,i´m not alone.:grog:

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I think my first cartridge for the 800XL was H.E.R.O — a game I still play on it, simple but enjoyable :)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh, I forgot to add that while I may not know the first I played, I certainly know the oldest - the Game Boy Pocket I bought for 30 € in 2013 still had the receipt in the box: 1998.5.30 at a toy store that moved across the city but still exists!

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, I forgot to add that while I may not know the first I played, I certainly know the oldest - the Game Boy Pocket I bought for 30 € in 2013 still had the receipt in the box: 1998.5.30 at a toy store that moved across the city but still exists!

That’s a good price for the time I think.
Though I do remember getting my first PSP in Barcelona, while on holiday. I can’t remember the price but I do remember it being much less expensive than buying it in the UK — not that I paid for it, my parents took care of that. Just as they have for most of my collection.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, interesting! The manual here in Canada (and I assume the same as the USA version) was in color but not red paper or anything fancy to prevent photocopying. Reading the manual was a must for such a complex game (for the time), and I can understand why they would try to block people's attempts to copy it. That reminds me of one manual that was really hard to photocopy back in the PSX days... Wipeout 3. Pale blue letters on white paper. Really hard to get a good output. :rofl: A good scanner would have done the job, though!

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My first game was jetpac for the zx spectrum. I can still remember my mum taking me to the shop to get it and me spending ages to pick a game. My mum kept saying that jet pac looked rubbish and to pick something else. She gave up eventually and let me get it. Little did we know that jetpac even today is considered one of if not the best game ever on the zx spectrum.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.:)

It doesn´t have to be your first played game,maybe you´ve seen it on TV or by a friend or on an electronic exhibition etc.

Did it influence your whole life ? Have your parents instanly have to buy an console or PC ?
Please share your FIRST Video game experience.:)
Thank you.
i got this game since i was 3 1/2 and i really enjoyed it was Super Mario World for the GBA

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
My first game was jet pac for the zx spectrum. I can still remember my mum taking me to the shop to get it and me spending ages to pick a game. My mum kept saying that jet pac looked rubbish and to pick something else. She gave up eventually and let me get it. Little did we know that jet pac even today is considered one of if not the best game ever on the zx spectrum.
Did you know you can play it in Donkey Kong 64 ?

Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr