Hacking Do you NEED to update your card?

zygirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Folks,

Quick question for you all.

Not going to lie, I don't know much about this stuff. I have had a supercard dstwo for probably 5-6 ish months now. It came all loaded up with the software and all I basically had to do was plug it into my computer and put my games on it.

Is there any reason I would need to update my supercard dstwo? I was thinking of picking up some new games (Harvest Moon tale of two towns next week) and transferring them on just for the convenience of having them all in one spot. I just don't feel like playing with it (don't fix something that isn't broken) to try and update the firmware, or whatever it is it runs on.

Basically, should any new game work on it? Even if the firmware or what-have-you is old? I don't care about fancy add-ons or 3DS compatibility as I don't have one, it's just an old school DSLite.

As long as new games will work -- I'm happy. If not -- if someone could direct me to some information on how to update my card so they will work, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

zygirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your replies.

So all I have to do is download the new EOS files and just overwrite them onto the SD card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?