i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black licorice is my favorite candy, and I have loved it all of my life. I have found it's very divisive, so I wanted to know how you folks felt.

Do you like black licorice? Do you think it's an acquired taste? Do you think the people who like it are deranged non-human fiends?

Plz answer below

slimbizzy

call me watchu want
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
Canada
i think black licorice is the best ever and it is probably my favorite candy too aside from jube jubes but here's the catch my favorite jube jube flavor is black licorice (blush emoji)

i think it has a great taste and if i could transform all the strawberry licorice into black i would eat it more

i think the people who don't like it and pick out the black licorice candies are insane and should find out who ever stole their tastebuds

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are three types of liquorice from where I sit

Real stuff. Seen most in the world, and called black liquorice in the US.

American stuff. Flavoured and boring, though if it is more extruded fruit syrup (granted seeing any sweets with actual fruit in the US...) it can have its charms. Even the nominally real stuff in the US is probably not real as per rest of the world standards -- I don't know if someone poisoned themselves by eating bag after bag and thus spoiled the fun for everybody else or it is just 2% cheaper to make otherwise (either story would be plausible when dealing with US food companies and regs) but meh.

Whatever it is that the Dutch and Nordics have (see salmiak) wherein ammonium chloride is the order of the day rather than regular table salt.

I am also one of the freaks that likes aniseed balls. Even the guy in the old fashioned sweet shop said kids mainly used to get them to put in a catapult to hunt rabbits with.

But yes I like liquorice. Rarely will get it for myself but can eat a lot of it when I do. Do actually like the rolled up strings of it with a sweet in the middle (see liquorice wheels).

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are three types of liquorice from where I sit

Real stuff. Seen most in the world, and called black liquorice in the US.

American stuff. Flavoured and boring, though if it is more extruded fruit syrup (granted seeing any sweets with actual fruit in the US...) it can have its charms. Even the nominally real stuff in the US is probably not real as per rest of the world standards -- I don't know if someone poisoned themselves by eating bag after bag and thus spoiled the fun for everybody else or it is just 2% cheaper to make otherwise (either story would be plausible when dealing with US food companies and regs) but meh.

Whatever it is that the Dutch and Nordics have (see salmiak) wherein ammonium chloride is the order of the day rather than regular table salt.

I am also one of the freaks that likes aniseed balls. Even the guy in the old fashioned sweet shop said kids mainly used to get them to put in a catapult to hunt rabbits with.

But yes I like liquorice. Rarely will get it for myself but can eat a lot of it when I do. Do actually like the rolled up strings of it with a sweet in the middle (see liquorice wheels).
Also a fan of anise seed, they have it at a few Indians restaurants around here with a small sugar coating

I have never had a ball of it tho, usually just individual seeds

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
My personal opinion (please, don't hate me):

hatehappiness.jpg

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The taste is great, but it's also an acquired taste.

It's pretty nice in drinks, however. The licorice aftertaste is nice.

I also really like the smell of anis. Especially in perfume.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?