• Replies 101
  • Likes 5

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I know Portuguese cuz that's my main language, my English is also fluent and my Spanish is not bad either, I had multiple influences of English and Spanish when I was little which helped develop the skills I have today. I am currently learning French too, I knew a little bit of Dutch 8 years ago when I was living in Netherlands but I have long since forgotten all of it by now.

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a GCSE in German - Sixteen years later cannot remember a word. So to actually answer your question, No. Unless you are including programming languages.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I speak both Norwegian and English and I'm pretty good at English since it's taught from a young age here. My intonation is a bit odd though.
From what I could tell you did really well when we talked.
Much better than I do for sure lol

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Spanish which branched onto weak Portugese due to the overlap in cognates making it easier to pick up. Honestly I don't have the motivation to learn or reinforce those two either, instead reinforcing the average Briton is lazy with language.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
English is my primary language, but I do know quite a bit of French, German, and I've taken up Japanese. Right now I am trying to really get deeper into the Japanese language since my girlfriend is part Japanese and I want to speak Japanese with her.

afeufeufeu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
French as primary language, Spanish from my origins and from many summer in Spain, and English because I was obsessed with Friends and Absolutely Fabulous when I was a teenager.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I can understand English, Russian and Japanese. In school I studied French but didn't enjoy it and barely remember anything. I've always wanted to learn German and Korean: They're up next after I'm more comfortable with my level of Japanese.

With every new language comes a new mental model in it a new way of seeing the world which I find rather exciting/motivating.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mainly in English and Portuguese is my 2nd language about 40 percents, I would say.

My parents moved to America when I was 5 so English was only language I know until I come here in Portugal on my own decision for the reason.

I also know English Sign Language, Portuguese Sign language and I am going to learn British Sign language but in Alphabetic finger spelling at first because BSL is a little complex, I think. :)

Last edited by spotanjo3,
Reactions: Baoulettes

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yes, Swedish is my main language and English comes naturally due to needing it in everyday life.

A few years back I also studied Japanese for 2 years and and have been using it since so as to not forget. A year or two back I attempted the JLPT N2 exam and passed the exam without intending to.

I have since moved to Japan and started using it professionally due to now working here. I am not by any means fluent in Japanese yet, but I can make myself understood and I have had little to no issues living here with my current language ability.

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
English and Portuguese.
I also know English Sign Language, Portuguese Sign language and I am going to learn British Sign language. :)

Nice to know I am no the only one interested in these language.
I have no issue myself to hear, but I learned sign language we use here to be able to talk with a friend :)
Far from knowing all of it but I can daily have "talk" with my friend with few struggles

For speaking languages as a french I have good speaking of french and bad writing
(at least for me it is bad because I have some basic rules missing.)

And a bit of English I learnt year ago alone in a game, I say a bit because again as I had no teacher or anyone to correct me when I am wrong I can and have issues there and there :)

YoshistarBaxter

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Spanish is my first language, but I know waaaay more English nowadays. I guess being exposed to it for so bloody long skewed the see-saw to the latter by quite a ton lol

Really makes talking with my family all sorts of awkward sometimes. I tend to forget some Spanish words here and there. Thanks, brain!

Games like MOTHER 3 also helped me learn the Hiragana and Katakana alphabets, plus I do know a very small number of Japanese phrases here and there thanks to various forms of their media. Although I don't think that really counts, since I don't speak fluent Japanese at all! :unsure:

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
I grew up speaking German and Wäller Platt (a lower German dialect spoken in the West Forest).
At school I learned (bad) English.
Later I had a few Portuguese and Spanish lessons. Taught myself Japanese. At least enough to prevent myself from starving in Japan.
I know a little little bit of French, Italian and Finnish. I can somewhat understand Luxembourgian, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Swiss German.. But cannot speak them.

On the programming side I speak C++, C#, x86/64 assembly, PowerPC, JavaScript, SQL, PHP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I call the one with big tiddies