Do you know more than ONE language?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Johnton, Aug 8, 2019.

1. xstre pwnsx

xstre pwnsx GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2008
    United States
    None fluently, but I know some Japanese and German.

2. supernintendo128

supernintendo128 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2019
    United States
    Alabama
    I learned Spanish in high school. I wanted to learn Japanese but my mom said "No, it's too hard. Learn Spanish instead." (I was homeschooled)

I didn't retain a lick of Spanish and now I'm self-studying Japanese in my spare time. I can read basic sentences and my vocabulary is limited. I know some kanji.

3. RinkuSonic41

RinkuSonic41 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    Italy
    Hyrule
    Native Spanish and Italian, and self taught English

4. Exannor

Exannor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2018
    United States
    I took two courses of spanish back in highschool that I barely remember and I'm currently learning japanese through duolingo and through a free class since I plan on moving to japan after working for a couple of years after I get my bachelors and after I take a couple of small trips there to get used to the environment until I plan on moving in either 2026, 2027, or 2028. The year that I move depends on how bad my state in the US gets.

I probably sound like a super weeb with what I just said, but no, I'm not that sort of weeb that the great papa franku used to talk about 3-4 years ago. If you want that sort of person, you should talk to my friends lmao.

Last edited by Exannor, Oct 17, 2019
    RaptorDMG likes this.
  5. RaptorDMG

RaptorDMG GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Stirling
    Native in English and I know enough Japanese and Spanish to be able to get around and enough Russian to introduce myself(then promtly say good bye and run off since that's all I know)
    As for computing languages I know Java best, then HTML, CSS, C++ and Python to an ok level with a small amount of JavaScript

6. FrederickBraun

FrederickBraun Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2019
    United States
    My native language is German. I moved to America at the age of 17. It was very difficult for me then. It's very depressing when you can't hear your native language. In order to keep up with my studies, I bought custom essays https://anonymous-essay.com/college-essay.html. It helped me to keep up with everything.

Last edited by FrederickBraun, Oct 25, 2019
  7. zxr750j

zxr750j GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2003
    Netherlands
    Uuuuu
    Dutch, English, German, French, a bit Spanish and can order 2 beers in most languages.

8. hentymiller

hentymiller Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2019
    United States
    English is my second language, I study Physics abroad and have to use a little physics homework help to get good grades. These guys help me a lot. Spanish is my native language.

Last edited by hentymiller, Nov 1, 2019
  9. Proto-Propski

Proto-Propski Legally Weird!

Apr 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Boulevard of Broken Meme's
    Aside from English, I have a tenuous grasp of Spanish mainly because I wanna know when my friends are talking shit about me. Aside from that I've gotten an even smaller understanding of German, TBH I just like the country (not so much the history) been learning it on my free-time for whenever I choose to visit, not to mention it's close enough to English being that they're both Latin based, that it's not a pain in the arse to get into, just a plus.

10. FancyNintendoGamer567

FancyNintendoGamer567 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    Actually, English is a Germanic language. Though it does have a lot of Romance influence from Latin and French (twice).

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted