• 35 or more -another world

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I've an Acekard 2i and planning to get a Supercard DSTwo for its SNES, GBA emulator and various stuff, might be getting another Nintendo DS (most likely the lite version since it's going for really cheap) for my little nephew and will give him my Acekard 2i while I keep the Supercard ;P

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
holy shit :ninja:

i wonder type response i would get if i took a picture of my flash kit collection =P. i've got 12 ak2i, and rpg, 2 r4i golds, a 3in1, a flashadvance, and a scds2 sitting in front of me. and that doesn't even scratch the surface! hehe

-another world
Pics or it didn't happen n00b

Puregamer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

i wonder type response i would get if i took a picture of my flash kit collection =P. i've got 12 ak2i, and rpg, 2 r4i golds, a 3in1, a flashadvance, and a scds2 sitting in front of me. and that doesn't even scratch the surface! hehe

-another world
OMG, that's outta this world! Hope you see what i did there :P

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

-another world
OMG, that's outta this world! Hope you see what i did there :P
Actually I would love to see a pic of all those cards myself (along with the ones not mentioned) although why 12 AK2i ???.. I can understand having one for each HW (including 'clone' AK2i) - but that only accounts for 3-4 IIRC.....
...... Unless there's different Circuit board layouts/colours for each HW :unsure: Hmmmm......

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
one site offered me 10 acekards as thanks for helping them out with a software issue. acekard then gave me 2 for beta testing.

that's how i got them but i can tell that you are asking "what is the point". well, i want to play with ds homebrew 30 years from now (assuming my systems still work). i know that 1 or 2 cards are not going to make it for the long haul. based on what happened with gba cards, i also know that around 5 years after the hobby dies down it will be hard to find slot-1 cards for sale on websites. i'm still kicking myself for all of the gba kits i was interested in but never purchased. i had a chance to buy the m3 lite for $30 from a shop when they had 5 left in stock, looking back i should have grabbed them all. i don't want to make that same mistake with slot-1 cards so i tried to get as many as i could when i could.

of all my cards i only use the second ak2i i ever received. i use the dsiwarehax for my dsi-mode homebrew needs, and every so often (but not often enough) i bust out my scds2 just to play some mame4all.

speaking of different PCB colors, i have the ultra rare blue pcb acekard. it arrived with a damaged shell and i've been to lazy to mod another shell for it. but i do own one! =)

-another world

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
got two
a R4i Gold 3DS from the 2011 tutorial Comepetition used almost exclusicely to play POWDER (roguelike, open source)
a R4i Gold Plus Deluxe from the #1 Arcade Competition that is still in limbo

probably will give one away should the second one ever materialize

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one site offered me 10 acekards as thanks for helping them out with a software issue. acekard then gave me 2 for beta testing.

that's how i got them but i can tell that you are asking "what is the point". well, i want to play with ds homebrew 30 years from now (assuming my systems still work). i know that 1 or 2 cards are not going to make it for the long haul. based on what happened with gba cards, i also know that around 5 years after the hobby dies down it will be hard to find slot-1 cards for sale on websites. i'm still kicking myself for all of the gba kits i was interested in but never purchased. i had a chance to buy the m3 lite for $30 from a shop when they had 5 left in stock, looking back i should have grabbed them all. i don't want to make that same mistake with slot-1 cards so i tried to get as many as i could when i could.

of all my cards i only use the second ak2i i ever received. i use the dsiwarehax for my dsi-mode homebrew needs, and every so often (but not often enough) i bust out my scds2 just to play some mame4all.

speaking of different PCB colors, i have the ultra rare blue pcb acekard. it arrived with a damaged shell and i've been to lazy to mod another shell for it. but i do own one! =)

-another world
So, no chance whatsoever of giving me an AK2i for a friend? :P

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I currently own 5 flashcards right now, but I pretty much only use my R4 with a 2gig for a few back ups. Mostly of games I own so I don't have to start them over or so my boyfriend and I can play the same games that only provide one save file.

Reactions: 1 person

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
  • CycloDS
  • EZ V 3in1
  • M3 Real Perfect bundle
  • TTDS
  • Acekard 2.1
  • Acekard RPG
  • Acekard 2i
  • Supercard DS Two.
Why so many? Take heed of my cautionary tale and witness one man's descent into addiction...

The CycloDS was the first flashcart I got for my DSLite, back in late 2007. I matched it a few weeks later with the 3in1, so I could catch up on some GBA gaming.

I got the M3 Bundle after trying out an iTouchDS. I just didn't like the iTouch, so I gave it to a mate's kid and upgraded to the M3 Real so I could try out Sakura.

A mate was selling TTDS carts at my college so I snagged one to try out Ysmenu, but never got around to it. One day I still might...

My bro saw my CycloDS in action one Christmas, decided he wanted to buy a flashcart, but could only afford something in the mid-range price bracket. I'd been looking for an excuse to buy an AK 2.1 (to try out AKAIO and menuDO) for a while, so we each got one through my favorite seller, Ozmodchips.*

I'd lusted after the Acekard RPG from the moment I first saw it available from bamboo gaming, but $99 was waaay too big a price to pay. Months after I'd given up any hope of finding one, I chanced upon a stock clearance sale on an Aussie auction site that had TWO RPGs on sale! I made a bid on the cheaper one and actually won it! That RPG still takes pride of place in my small collection. I owe many thanks to Yellow Wood Goblin for his continued support of my precioussss.

I skipped the DSi, so I didn't see any reason to buy any flashcarts with an i in the name...

...until the 3DS, which I bought after the first big price drop. I missed out on the ambassador games, but oh well, I also saved $100.

I would have bought a CycloDSi for the 3DS, but team Cyclops had vanished months earlier, leaving a lot of users in the lurch, so I didn't think they deserved my money.

So I did a deal with a fellow Aussie here on the 'temp and so became the proud owner of a preloved Supercard DS TWO. I currently have iMenu installed on it, and eventually plan on getting BAGPlug running in multiboot.

Most recently, a guy on a well known Aussie forum was asking about setting up the Acekard 2i. I gave him the best advice I could using my Acekard 2.1 and RPG knowledge, but I didn't feel right doing it without the actual hardware, so I had a chat to Ozmodchips and soon after, an Acekard 2i became my latest acquisition.

Flashcarts have gradually become my hobby. I like learning how to set the different brands of hardware up, I chime in on various forums to help others learn how to get the best from their 'carts and to make informed purchases... and I'm hooked on messing about with all the custom firmwares, homebrew games and apps.

Oh, and GBAtemp is directly responsible. I just hope you're all satisfied. :P

*Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Ozmodchips, I am just a satisfied customer.

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
About 14 are R4's of some kind
DSTWO- I've not used it yet
iEdge- used this most till recent
Acekard 2
U2DS
EVO

I have more than 1 of each.

Reactions: 1 person