?
  1. Yes, without the shadow of a doubt

2. If the FBI and CIA and other agencies say it, we should take their word for it

3. There's a slight chance it could be true, but no actual evidence has been made public yet

4. It's all bullshit, the FBI and CIA are blatantly lying as ordered by the democrat government

5. I don't know what to believe anymore

6. 791 voter(s)
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

United States
    Now that I think about it , everyone had something to hide

Trumps tax returns
    Hillary's emails
    Obamas birth certificate (at first)
    Hmmm fishy :ph34r:

2. solarsaturn9

solarsaturn9 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Exploit literally means to "benefit unfairly from". So yes, you're right: he may be playing by the rules but that doesn't mean it's right or fair. The alternative is that he is doing more than exploiting a loophole. If he was able to share his taxes and cite the loopholes he was able to use to get around paying the "fair share" it would have been gold for his campaign. They could have pointed out exactly what they aim to fix. If this is the case it is clear he does not intend on closing the loop holes and making good on his campaign promises. Either way, it's shady as fuck. For that reason, in my opinion at least, he does not deserve the heavy responsibility that the title of POTUS bears.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Excuse me, I misquoted. It's late here and I'm clearly tired.

3. Sketchy1

United States
    True, but now he has that presidential immunity right?
    So even if he's caught, he can't get stung.
    Same if Hillary were to win

4. solarsaturn9

United States
    No, he is not. He gave that up the second he decided to run for the most powerful office on the planet. I suppose you think he's entitled to keep his businesses (or even let his children run them) while he is president?

5. Sketchy1

United States
    Technically speaking, they are his businesses, so he actually is entitled to keep them if he wants.
    But ofc, one will fail unless he can somehow manage both, which I highly doubt

6. Juiss

Juiss GBAtemp Regular

France
    His personal finances have nothing to do with being POTUS, so yes he is. He's also entitled to keeping his businesses if he chooses to do so, doesn't make it a good idea but that's beside the point.

7. solarsaturn9

United States
    That's not how it works. He would then have the ability to create legislation for the sole purpose of his own financial benefit. It's a massive conflict of interest. Even if his children run the businesses it runs the risk of becoming nepotism.

See above: his personal finances have the potential to get mingled in with his job as POTUS.

8. Juiss

Juiss GBAtemp Regular

France
    Please, go on.

9. solarsaturn9

United States
    I don't know what more you want. That's the problem. You can't have someone who trades military alliance or political capitol for favors that financially benefit the president.

10. Ryu Kenshin

Ryu Kenshin GBAtemp Regular

Russian hackers use RobCo equipment and guess password :tpi:

'Don likes this.
  11. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    Is this tread still going on lol. Get over it, the US isn't innocent by any means. They hacked everybody's Phone and even officials and it's people from allied countries such as France, Germany, Belgium, UK, Spain, well the entire of Europe. They're even forcing Belgium to get rid of their F16 and buy F35's wich cost around 5 billion euro and yearly costs 250 million and only for those couple of planes just because you can arm them with Nukes wich we have here stationed by the states for a means to defend against Russia. That's all been while Obama was president. He and the Clintons have been searching more and more ways of aggravating the Russians. In my eyes forcing European countries to buy F35's with the sole purpose of firing Nukes is an act of war. But ey, it's Always when the states does something it's alright but when somebody else does something it has to be looked at with a magnifying glass. GET OVER IT !!! And another thing i keep seeing here brought up py people is that the US has the most powerful office in the world. Nope they don't ! They're a lot of richer countries with less debt and an infastructure way ahead of the US in almost all ways. Europe in it's whole and it's countries would already be a couple.

Last edited by kumikochan, Jan 3, 2017
    'Don and hobbledehoy899 like this.
  12. Cylent1

Cylent1 Community Smart Ass!

United States
    @Costello Wow I guess news video with the truth coming out of the horses mouth is just not evidence enough for you?
    I suppose it was fake?

It's a PROVEN FACT that Obama is a Muslim and also that his Birth Certificate is fake.
    So why erase my post?

Better yet, I am offended! Now you understand?

Last edited by Cylent1, Jan 3, 2017
  13. Sketchy1

United States
    Even if he has the ability to, the thing is, You can't just strip him of his ownership simply just because. He is still just like any other citizen in terms of certain rights. A limited right to privacy, a right to keep your property, and the right to say what he wants :/

And besides, signing such legislation wouldn't be illegal, as it would affect other businesses too. As long as he doesn't abuse said legislation, no one else in the govt can actually do anything about it

And it wouldn't exactly become a nepotism because he can't appoint anyone of his friends or family to the cabinet, as that's illegal, and is already banned

Last edited by Sketchy1, Jan 3, 2017
  14. weegee721

weegee721 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    hobbledehoy899 and Cylent1 like this.
  15. B9_Malpractice

Newcomer

France
    I would have kind of thought that both sides would start calling each other out for stuff like this.

Not a fan of politics. Why is this on the front page?

LittleFlame likes this.
  16. weegee721

Newcomer

United States
    Yea I agree, this is not the place for political discussion.
    I guess the admin/OP just wanted to gauge opinion on the site.

17. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 GBAtemp Addict

Antarctica
    This is kind of a hacking forum, so...

Cylent1 likes this.
  18. weegee721

Newcomer

United States
    Lol yea, I was about to say, this is a place where we can get the 1337 ninty hax from the talented haxxors on the site, not a place for politics cause what that does is divide the site, and that's the last thing we want.

Congress can impeach a president, if they've broken the law

19. UltraDolphinRevolution

UltraDolphinRevolution GBAtemp Maniac

China
    Scary, isn't it? Reminds one of North Korea. You can't even insist on a trial, as far as I know.
    Fun fact: It's possible to go to jail in Germany for not paying the obligatory propaganda TV fee of 17,50 EUR per month. It's illegal but neither courts nor politicians do anything against it as it's a huge money generator (8 billion per year) and it gives politicians a platform.

BTW I'm interested to know how you became a Muslim. I can't figure out how to send a PM though.

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution, Jan 3, 2017
    Subtle Demise likes this.
  20. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    anyway, my heart goes out to the unfortunate people that will have to die once the ACA gets rewritten.
    lies, thats a lie and you know you're telling a lie.

the one woman out of the thousands of people who intentionally don't pay that money went into Beugehaft (coercive detention). not for not paying the broadcasting fee, but because somewhere along the way, she was supposed to present her financial situation and wouldn't. the state asked her to lay open her finances and it was her duty as citizen to do just that. but she wouldn't, so the state invoked coercive detention until she does. at any point during that detention, she only had to lay open her finances, as any other citizen would have to in that situation, and she would have been released from coercive detention instantly, just like any other citizen in coercive detention, without paying the broadcast fee still, mind you.

the fee is also not illegal. i'm moderately sure our highest courts have made that clear a bunch of times so far. because no matter how similar to a tax it is, it isn't a tax. the revenue isn't free to be used in times of financial need by the state. so it's not a hidden tax and not illegal.

as for bcoming a muslim, you convert, just like when you become a jew or a buddhist or a christian. you contact the local representatives, ask how one would go about converting, go through the paperwork (like leaving your current church), go trough the usual rites (like baptism, citing a view verses, removing your foreskin, etc) and then you enter that religion, pay whatever fee they want you to pay and live by that code, or pretend to, like most others.

Last edited by Clydefrosch, Jan 3, 2017

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - election, believe, Russia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.