• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you believe Russia hacked the US election?

What do you think is really going on? Let's get a little political here.

I assume you've all heard of the recent Vermont power grid "hacking" story. A few days ago a Vermont utility company found a russian virus on some guy's computer and (part of) the press extrapolated the fact, turning it into a so-called proof of a Russian conspiracy to hack the US power grid... That title was a fucking clickbait, and I just knew it. But not just your average buzzshit clickbait, a serious fucking one this time. When you read the article it became clear: pure bullshit. No evidence whatsoever, all that happened is that they found a regular virus on a random guy's computer, which happens a million times a day everywhere in the world. A few hours later they retracted, a lot of other sites and agencies stated that there was no such thing as a power grid hack attempt. Those media outlets jumped to conclusions to serve their own agenda, it seems.

Now regarding the "hacking" of the US election. Several US government agencies are claiming it's real. Are we being lied to? Are the FBI and homeland security and others all following orders of a higher instance or do they have actual evidence?
So far, they haven't shared much with the general public. Last week they released a document, which I read, but if you read it too you will find that it's absolutely empty of evidence. All it states is "we found some IP addresses in the logs" and "we found a bit of code that was used before". That amounts to nothing at all.

So why do they keep going on about this?
Do you think these agencies have insights they cant share with the public? could they have informants within the russian goverment? that's one of the few things I can think of that they would never be able to reveal. Or maybe it is just more political bullshit... but what's the point? Trump will take office soon and all this Russia crap isn't working. Apparently Trump has something to say on the subject that he will reveal on tuesday or wednesday. I wonder what that may be.

d7e413a2ab0f4b30b7759b3064fd6b0b.jpg

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Your argument made no fucking sense from the beginning. Pointing out that white people are the biggest consumers of welfare is just a fact, no amount of crying "racism" is going to change that.
Well, if that were true, it wouldn't be surprising considering that white people are the largest demographic in America. But my point doesn't really have much to do that whether or not more or less white people receive welfare than other groups.

However, some statistics suggest white people aren't the largest demographic of welfare recipients, without even having to normalise by population.

welfare.png

(From here. Take it with a grain of salt, of course.)

I'll remind you of what you wrote:
Hilarious when white people rail against other white people for being "moochers."
Why bring race into it? You're implying that white people shouldn't be critical of welfare just because a certain proportion of welfare recipients are white. I'm a supporter of a sensible and pragmatic welfare state that supports people without producing dependency and, most importantly, I do not care about the colour of people's skin when it comes to welfare.

When did this thread Go from good old fashioned debate to toxic wasteland? :wtf:
I wish I knew.

Oh, so you prefer the version of freedom where your leader just murders you in cold blood. I mean, I prefer to be alive and free, but to each their own...
Ah, yes, I'm sure those ruled by Islamic State, 'Moderate' Rebels, or other Islamists are very free indeed. I hear they don't kill anyone at all!

So that's a no then, you are indeed useless to any given conversation. Thanks for clearing that up.
Are you capable of making one post without avoiding every single criticism and argument that's made against you?

Last edited by Xiphiidae,
Reactions: barronwaffles

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Its Graphics and tables like this is what keeps us divided. It's promoting racial division at the least!
I agree, to a point. Understanding demographics is important, but trying to turn issues such as welfare, unemployment and socio-economics into ones all about race is harmful.

Reactions: Cylent1

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Why bring race into it? You're implying that white people shouldn't be critical of welfare just because a certain proportion of welfare recipients are white. I'm a supporter of a sensible and pragmatic welfare state that supports people without producing dependency and, most importantly, I do not care about the colour of people's skin when it comes to welfare.
Firstly, jimbo was the one to first imply race in regard to welfare. Fox News, Breitbart, other right-wing media always try to make it an issue of color. It's a tactic to keep the working class divided and distracted while the real upper-class criminals get away with everything up to and including murder.

Ah, yes, I'm sure those ruled by Islamic State, 'Moderate' Rebels, or other Islamists are very free indeed. I hear they don't kill anyone at all!
We can only stop their leaders from killing them, we can't stop people from being their typical tribalistic selves and killing each other. Installing a puppet government is not preferable, it just causes even more problems down the line.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I can understand age and maybe gender for demographics, but what difference does it make for where I come from if everyone who receives it is poor? No matter if your white, black, aisian, Japanese..... Poverty don't discriminate

Reactions: Cylent1

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually have to question why the gov't promotes non-racial bias, yet keeps race demographics

Actually racial bias is an institutionalized law, it's called affirmative action and routinely used in appointments in every branch of Government including the supreme court, employment, college admissions and every single walk of American life.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually racial bias is an institutionalized law, it's called affirmative action and routinely used in appointments in every branch of Government including the supreme court, employment, college admissions and every single walk of American life.
I'd believe it
But now this makes it seem kind of strange that this method of thinking, put there by Americans, and yet, these same Americans complain about it later

No offence, I'm reffering to the institutionalized racism

Last edited by Sketchy1,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Firstly, jimbo was the one to first imply race in regard to welfare. Fox News, Breitbart, other right-wing media always try to make it an issue of color. It's a tactic to keep the working class divided and distracted while the real upper-class criminals get away with everything up to and including murder.
"Other people do it, so it's okay!"

I don't care about what the evil right-wing media says, I care about what you say. Don't deflect, don't avoid, actually tackle arguments that people make against you.

Installing a puppet government is not preferable, it just causes even more problems down the line.
This is exactly my point? I don't want puppet governments, I don't want intervention. You're the one advocating regime change, remember?

Reactions: barronwaffles

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thats funny because they totally dissed trump the whole year and made Shillary an angel!
You are dllusional buddy!
I agree. It's not about Left and Right that much anymore, it's about Globalism and Localism.

Inauguration day playlist:
Translation: I am a spoilt child.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,
Reactions: hobbledehoy899
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1