Gaming Do u need WM+ for Sports Resort?

Col70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Got the game running but keeps telling me to select a wiimote - which I do but keeps looping back as if it's saying that I need to have Wiimotion+

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Its a M+ dependant game, Not like TW10 and virtua tennis 09 where it is an enhancement!
smile.gif

Col70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's complete trout that Nintendo see fit to rip people off... again! Mind you wiifit needed a balance board so I suppose this is peanuts in comparrison

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Col70 said:
That's complete trout that Nintendo see fit to rip people off... again! Mind you wiifit needed a balance board so I suppose this is peanuts in comparrison

Yeah you do need it .......and Wii fit would be pretty hard to do without the board as its pretty much impossible to do without as you cannot weigh yourself with a wiimote doh!

Wii Sports Resort though could theoretically be played without the motion plus just adds a little bit more accuracy but would still be perfectly playable like the first Wii Sports game .... as is with Tiger woods still playable maby not as accurate but who the hells accurate 100% at golf anyhow not even Tiger himself could be totally 100% lol!

Besides Wii Sports resort is hardly a simulation anyhow its just a bunch of mini games like the first one and agreed its just another way to cash in like some pointless hardware addons like Golf club heads and Frying pans!

I would say most Wii owners bought the Wii as a fun console (It's aimed at a younger audience like most of Nintendo's consoles) that people just pick up or turn on and play .... I know some people use it as a Serious games consoles but for the majority its for a quick blast with a few mates or family or kids!

But I suppose like all things they need to squeeze us for more cash by adding new hardware as we are all pirating the software lol!

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay then show us how you would for example throw a frisbe or fight with a sword without that accuracy.
Actually it´´s worth it and it isn´t really so expensive.
Anyway everyone should know for himself if he wants now a WM+ or not

Yukito

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Col70 said:

Anyone getting the game the normal way wouldn't complain as the WM+ is sold with the game (and the Wii Balanceboard with wiifit).

bl00dclaat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
I agree with nixx. Wii Motion+ adds more than just a little extra accuracy it changes the interaction entirely. To the point where it's nearly 1:1 & random waggles screw you over. The sword fighting game in WS Resort is a blast. If Red Steel 2 feels as accurate as that I'm sold.
biggrin.gif

It's definitely worth the $20.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bl00dclaat said:
I agree with nixx. Wii Motion+ adds more than just a little extra accuracy it changes the interaction entirely. To the point where it's nearly 1:1 & random waggles screw you over. The sword fighting game in WS Resort is a blast. If Red Steel 2 feels as accurate as that I'm sold.
biggrin.gif

thats just it its not $20 here in the UK .. its £20 > £22 which is $33 > $36 would you still say it was worth it and that's just for the motion plus and NO GAME!

and £39.99 with a game ($66)

if they were $20 or £12 here then I would have no problem but its almost twice the price!

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
bl00dclaat said:
biggrin.gif

thats just it its not $20 here in the UK .. its £20 > £22 which is $33 > $36 would you still say it was worth it and that's just for the motion plus and NO GAME!

and £39.99 with a game ($66)

if they were $20 or £12 here then I would have no problem but its almost twice the price!

I've seen a load of places doing them in the UK for £15.70 odd which isn't so bad... e.g. thehut.com with free delivery, plus I know people who had 10% off vouchers making it £14 ish.

Watch http://www.hotukdeals.com/ they'll be a cheap price on there soon enough...

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nIxx said:
It´s not the same here too but this is anyway normal most of these things cost a bit more in Europe
Anyway look a bit bit more and you will find something for a better price
wink.gif

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/3-/332361/2-...mo.html?cur=257
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wii-Motion-Plus-Ac...1293&sr=8-1

not exactly the same as 20 € but it´s nothing like twice the price too
wink.gif

They are still essentially £4 or £6 more expensive for hardware that most people will need at least 2 of! ...For a just couple of games .... maby I will wait a while for Deal Extreme to sell some Wü branded motion plus for £5 each lol
smile.gif

Tusk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
I bought two of them for around $60 bucks here, and i did not regret that. Oh hell no, you know whose so cheap to get one, cause the simply mote sensitive enough is a joke, and i mean it. The fact is, that it is really tunes the accuracy as nothing before, and why are you exactly complaining? You download most of the stuff here for free, i would just say you downloaded at least around 100€ here, and you wont give out 20-40€ for a thing which makes the game more accurate and better for you? And yeah they could imply the wii motion off for you for the game, just so you can cry how bad that game is, and for those who bought the game in a shop would mean exactly nothing cause when they bought it they got one for free. It's like you get a tv but you need just the box not the screen? and you are angry at sony that you get a screen with your tv box...

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Col70 said:
so you can't play it unless you have wm+????

Of course not. It's designed to be a MotionPlus showcase. These games would all play horribly without it. As for your statement that it's a ripoff.... don't buy one, and don't buy the games that require it. But you'll be missing out, because the level of accuracy that the M+ offers is amazing.

How dare Nintendo make an accessory that improves the Wii's controls, creating new ways to have fun! And then they make you BUY it!!?? BOOOO to new technology!

Sheesh.

It's not like it's required. Guess what? You don't have to buy a balance board either.

This reminds me of all the people who bitched that they had to buy a DS Lite after they already had a DS. Like Nintendo somehow bricked all their old systems somehow. It's an OPTION, people.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:

The price difference stinks, but yes, I would definitely say it's still worth it. All the games I've played with it so far control like a dream. Tiger Woods works wonderfully, Virtua Tennis becomes a whole different game when you turn on M+ support, and Wii Sports Resort is the best multiplayer (and even single player) fun I've had in a game in a LOONG time, and all of this would be impossible without MotionPlus.... the Wiimote on it's own just doesn't have that kind of accuracy.

And it's really not just for a few games... I'm sure there will be tons down the line. I'm psyched for Red Steel 2... it should be everything the 1st wasn't. The units are absolutely flying off the shelves in my area, so I don't think a lot of developers will skip M+ support due to it's small install base. Nintendo's pushing it hard, and I'm very glad about that.

r9delta

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Col70 said:

Right. Nintendo is a bunch of greedy money-grubbing fucks while you are completely innocent and totally not selfish at all sitting there pirating their games.

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Col70 said:
Just use your WiiMotion+ you got for free when you bought the game. If you didn't get one you should contact the seller and if its broken you should send it for repair or ask for a new one.

lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*