Hacking Do these GBA roms work with G6 lite?

Stormingsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
~They work..don't worry
smile.gif

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm the last 4 but havn't tried the first one yet. Its on the To Play list of GBA games (man, that list must be at least 20 games long..)

Golden Sun 1 doesn't allow you to access the soft-save menu, but it doesn't really matter and everything else works without a problem.

mikehammerX9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry for my bad english. I have a very strange problem. When i save game (Zelda: A link to the past) in "G6L Menu" (XYAB+LR) and then load this save, the black screen appears. Music is on and i can "play" the game, but screen is black. What is the problem? Please help.
frown.gif

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for my bad english. I have a very strange problem. When i save game (Zelda: A link to the past) in "G6L Menu" (XYAB+LR) and then load this save, the black screen appears. Music is on and i can "play" the game, but screen is black. What is the problem? Please help.
frown.gif

Yeah, I know exactly what problem you mean. I had the same thing, and managed to find a nice 'hack' around it.

Basically, it will give you a black screen if the save was in a dungeon and you load the game when you are not controlling Link already. For example, if you load right after dying (on the game over screen), you will load up a black screen. On the other hand, if you load from the overmap you will load the save properly.

Now, there is not much point of an instant save if you have to load your normal file just to load your instant save, is there? So this is what I did:

1. Go out in the overworld and soft save it to save slot 3. This will take a a much longer time to save, but will also load quicker (at least on the M3)

2. Play as you normally would, but only soft-save to either save slot 1 or save slot 2. Keep the save slot 3 save in the overworld.

3. Now, whenever you die you can load save 3 whenever you want without worrying about the black screen. After it loads (which will be almost instantly), load softsave slot 1 (or slot 2 if thats where you keep your softsave). Now it should work perfectly.

4. Enjoy this great game
biggrin.gif

I hope that helps, please tell me if that works for you as well.

WishCow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I can confirm the last 4 but havn't tried the first one yet. Its on the To Play list of GBA games (man, that list must be at least 20 games long..)

Golden Sun 1 doesn't allow you to access the soft-save menu, but it doesn't really matter and everything else works without a problem.

I can access it, just tried.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, hey thats my line +1