Hacking DO NOT BUY A SKY3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1) Apparently not, as I have tried 3 popular brands and none of them seem to work. (and they are not fakes.)
2) Then you clearly haven't been on the search for 3DS roms.
3) Yes. A lot. For all of the problems I'm encountering I have seen numerous threads with multiple users experiencing the same faults.
4) Piracy has nothing to do with greed... Customer service is a necessity if you want any business to live.

and I do want to sound rude, because I'm angry.

Do some research.
first of all i am trying to help you here. If you google the file name of the 3ds rom you want (" somethin _something.rar" for example) you find it within 3 clicks. there are reports in this thread that other brands work. and flashcard companies are not just normal business ;)

I get that you're angry (i would be too)

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's already said that he isn't actually paying, just that he's finding sites that are trying to get him to pay. Many file-hosting sites will cripple and throttle the downloads for "Free" users, or even make it difficult to locate the download link, in an attempt to get you to pay for "premium" access. It can be very tricky for someone who's not used to them, sometimes it even takes digging through the page source and inspecting links. It can take a bit of patience sometimes, as well, if the only hosts the uploaders are using are ones that have poor policies. (I prefer Mega, since they seem to have very little in the way of throttling, whereas sites like Uploaded put in restrictions like "One file every three hours".)

1) Apparently not, as I have tried 3 popular brands and none of them seem to work. (and they are not fakes.)
2) Then you clearly haven't been on the search for 3DS roms.
3) Yes. A lot. For all of the problems I'm encountering I have seen numerous threads with multiple users experiencing the same faults.
4) Piracy has nothing to do with greed... Customer service is a necessity if you want any business to live.

and I do want to sound rude, because I'm angry.

Do some research.
Is sounding rude going to help solve your issue? It's one thing to be angry, it's another to take that anger out on others who have nothing to do with your problem. If you are having this level of difficulty with the card, I would suggest contacting the seller you bought it from, and inquiring about a replacement. I'm assuming you've used h2testw to check each SD card you've tried to use, and found them to be functioning correctly. To the best of my knowledge, the Sky3DS team themselves don't handle returns of the cards directly.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Learn to use a search engine, it is 2015 already you should feel ashamed.
Learn to recognize the problems are within you.
Learn to recognize your lack of basic skills, so you know where you need improve. After that your future will turn better.
It is offensive that you show such boastful confidence saying something as false as "finding roms without having to pay extortion to download websites is almost impossible".
A basic effortless search with just google is all you need, not even trying different search engines, no duckduckgo, no torrents, no tor sites, no IRC...
Nope, you could go that way if you wanted, but it is not needed, because finding one supposedly "impossible to find site" is basic searching level easy.
Stop boasting, realize you suck at searching, and...
Learn to fucking google, hell.

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I have to disagree found mine pretty easy to set up and the first 32 gig card I bought worked straight away (verbatim class 10 ) and was 8 pound from Granger games took me like half hour to a hour to read up about how the discwriter worked and bam PM me if you need help with Roms lol ;)

Never had a single problem with mine even works great with ninjhax 2 so you had a shitty start with yours but for what they do there great.....

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Is your 3DS 9.3 or higher? Get a Sky. Lower? Go either full CFW or Gateway.

As for the SD issue, I highly doubt that it only works with ONE brand, that seems silly. And for finding the roms well... You've been spoonfed how to do it on page one.

Reactions: froggydarren

androgynus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont know where this guy is going, but Sky3DS is quite easy to use. Heck even my girlfriend who knows pretty much nothing about computer is able to write her game without any issues (Ok i had to show her 5 times but now she's all okay). The only thing i have to complaint about sky3ds is that they are slow fixing their damn template for fire emblem. ITs a pretty good flash card if your 3DS cant use the GW.

Reactions: MattKimura

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
Sky works fine for me. Used Lexar, Samsung, Sandisk and Kingston no problems. I only use it for the cubic ninja exploit as it was about the same price as getting cn off eBay lol, but it works perfectly fine and I would have no issue using it instead of gateway if I had to.

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky3DS is a perfectly fine product. It's very simple to setup, and while obviously Gateway/CFW have more features, Sky makes it easy to just download and play games once you get past the private header business. I use mine with a Sandisk card and it works fine, and it's probably easier to download ROMs than it is to figure out how to use a private header.

I'd recommend doing a little bit of Googling and posing your problems as a question instead of trying to belittle an entire product based on an experience only you have held due to the inability to do research.

Reactions: Lycan911

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
LOLZ
I tested many Sky3ds cards and none of them was faulty.

Anyone who has problems with writting, reading, saving :

-> USE GOOD MICRO SD CARD
+++++
-> DECENT USB READER.

Reactions: earny

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You pay for ROMs? The hell is wrong with you.

7Y2w9Bf.gif

I'm an old man for this place (48yo) and I gave up on 3DS flashcarts some time ago, but if I wanted ROMs I could have a folder stuffed full of them by sundown tonight. And there's no way I drop even a dime on 'em.

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't get me wrong when the sky team updated there discwriter software I had to back up the card and a error happened and wiped my entire card all Roms and saves were lost due to a bullshit bug so I'm not defending the sky team but b4 that and since I reinstalled everything if never had a problem hardware wise just Google everything and you shouldn't have a problem......hopefully ;)

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Okay, people are starting to cross the line between being constructively helpful and just being mean.

TL;DR roms are easy to get but we can't link them. No need to pay for them though. Sky is a perfectly fine card if your firmware is too high for Gateway or custom firmware.

Reactions: radrom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality