do non-english native speakers preefer translations or games in english?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
English of course. English sounds better and you improve your english by consuming media. If I were a teacher I would advise the students to watch english movies, animes with english subtitles, play games in english and engage in english communities on the internet.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Either the quality of the grammar or the written text is effy, or the dubbed voices are half assed/not in my spanish version (we get spain's if we get any)

Lobezno =/= Wolverine, for example.

It's just odd as hell, for voices i rather very much to listen to them in the language they were first made, and this also applies to half assed english dubs for games that were made from japan. I rather the "undub" version over a shitty english dub.
I'm more nitpicky when it comes to anime/movies/series than games per se, these days people are putting way more effort to the dubs.

Some channels in the Analog TV Cable Providers, who am I kidding, all channels in ATVCP are now dubbed and the option to use SAP audio was completely removed and put to digital TV only, which only a handful of people here have. thus everything on TV is "translated" to a horrible, documentary org*smic voice, which removes all forms of emotion or touch. I hate them with my whole soul.

That's the main reason I don't watch TV at all these days, I limit myself to watch things online or downloading them to my laptop/smartphone in the original language.

Last edited by Alex658,

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well looks that the most problem of not wnating the game in the native language is for being used and/or bad production of translation/ localization?
I think is my point here, I'm gad I have way to play in englisg ebcause helped me with learning but I know if we had games in our language before it gona be a big difference in the world ... having something only i english looks very " luxuous" for some poeple, like "it's stuff for rich people" xD or some adults be like " nah i'ts just a toy it can't be any complex"

I seem to be linking this guy a lot this thread, oh well it covers some of the things you mentioned in more depth
the video remind the young me in around 2000's with internet, stupid english knowledge but a babel fish translator and trying to communicate to the world.
"como eu faço isso?" (How I do that?) became "Eat I make it?" :v hahaha

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I prefer English because that's what I'm used to, games are very rarely translated to Norwegian and the only movies that are dubbed are ones geared towards kids. I can't stand movie dubs, game translations are usually more bearable though, as they usually only translate the text and leave the voiceovers in the original language or in English.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I do not want feeing of slow read "text book" when possible of smooth fast read... But if game is only possible english language then okay.
I do find this statement of interest that you mention it as a factor of speed, since i suppose is known fact some people use specific region game to speed up game flow of text. :)

Though most people don't have choices of these kinds of situations or their preference is different. But i understand the reason.

Reactions: Katsumi San

DarkDante

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Actually I don't care about it. If is my language I play it if is in english is okay i play it but if is in Japanese that's a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: