Hacking do mod chipped wiis play every wii game?

sportsmaniac095

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello
i broken my wii when i tried softmodding it and i could never get newer games like wii sports resort to work (i would always get error code #002) My friend is selling his way with some type of mod (pretty sure its a chip since he doesnt have the HBC and it plays backups) and i was wondering do mod chips in wiis play every game with no problems? Like do you have to download patches (like the error 002 fix) or is it fine with every game?
thanks alot

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
depending on the modchip they can play any game or not.

there are some kind of protections that are not handled by modchips but that are defeated by software mods.

modchips like wasabi and wiikey2 can handle these kind of protections by releasing a firmware update, for other chips, you are doomed.

new super mario bors wii is one (and the only one for now) using the BCA protection that is problematic for many modchips.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
You need to use an alt dol for wii motion plus games. It will go to the WM+ video (possibly make some wierd loud noises) once its done it will reset the wii, and just use the default dol from there for that game.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
DeadlyFoez said:
dudeonline said:
You need to use an alt dol for wii motion plus games. It will go to the WM+ video (possibly make some wierd loud noises) once its done it will reset the wii, and just use the default dol from there for that game.
Are you sure?? The OP is talking about a modchip, not a soft mod and I've never heard of a mod chip owner needing to use an alt-dol method at all.

Well that sucks
frown.gif

sportsmaniac095

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ is it bad to own a modchip? And also since my friend has no HBC and can play backups, is there any other way (besides mod chips) that it can play these burnt games?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CapnSkull said:
sportsmaniac095 said:
^ is it bad to own a modchip? And also since my friend has no HBC and can play backups, is there any other way (besides mod chips) that it can play these burnt games?

DVDX http://wiibrew.org/wiki/DVDx
WTF??? DVDx has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with backups. OP, I think you should softmod. And follow the guide in the stickies.

sportsmaniac095

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k yeah ive already bricked my other while using anytimedeleter lol. Im going to have to follow the guide more carefully. it is the 3.4 U firmware this can be softmodded. I just want to confirm though, my friend just txted me and told me it was chipped and i was wondering if i find a working iso for games like red steel 2 , or wii sports resort, or even COD MW reflex will it work or do i have to download those other alt dols and stuff?
thanks so much

sportsmaniac095

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this apply to all mod chips?^
I burnt WSR and gave it to my friend and he said it didnt work. I downloaded the rar, extracted it, got the 4.7gb iso and just hit burn and put it on a SONY DVD-R disc thats 4.7 GB. Did i forget any steps?(i didnt use the other like the ws_wsr_ntsc.r00, r01, r02,etc. Did i need to do anything with these files)
thanks

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Some modchips don't have a proper solution for 001 error --> 001 error on newer games, and a mess to fix it (patch disc + have trucha bugged IOS OR use a _certain_ cIOS revision for these games OR cioscorp[...])

Most modchips don't have a BCA solution -> New Super Mario Bros needs to be patched + have trucha bugged IOS or use a loader

No modchip is able to play region free on its own with 4.2 system menu, you always need a loader or priiloader for import games

002 error is caused by having wrong or too old IOS installed, it has nothing to do with modchips

Everything that alt .dol is required for just works when using a modchip + disc

You can say modchips play all games(on their own without any homebrew) if:
- It's one of the best chips available
- You only play games from your region
- And let the games do all updates they want

And BCA is even then still a problem, depending on the chip's solution for it. You need to modify the .iso before burning(insert BCA data into the disc) and the chip needs to have an updated firmware that handles that BCA data. Or the chip needs a firmware update that contains the BCA data for the specific game.

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
sportsmaniac095 said:
does this apply to all mod chips?^
I burnt WSR and gave it to my friend and he said it didnt work. I downloaded the rar, extracted it, got the 4.7gb iso and just hit burn and put it on a SONY DVD-R disc thats 4.7 GB. Did i forget any steps?(i didnt use the other like the ws_wsr_ntsc.r00, r01, r02,etc. Did i need to do anything with these files)
thanks

Like the guy said earlier, you need to use Alt-Dol method with WSR, and ys, even with some modchips you need to do this. it is simple to use, first your friend should get himself a decent backup loader, regardless if he as modchip or softmod, the latest revision of Neogamma is ideal. Then, load Neogamma (whilst the WSR disc is in the drive of course), an when it boots up, select config options, and look for the option to use Alt Dol,then set that option to use 'from disc'.

Next, load DVD through Neogamma and when the gam first boots up it'll show you the Motion Plus Video. you have to sit through this, and not skip the video. When it as finished your Wii will restart.

Finally, run Neogamma again and go back into the config options, and make sure the Alt Dol. option is now set to 'off'. Go back to Neogamma's main menu and boot the DVD, it'll now run and play fine.

Note : You only have to do the above once, the game will work fine from then on.

The same method should be followed for Red Steel 2.

Oh, and as for the original topic, stick with soft mod, there isn't any game I have had a problem running. 95% will work without doing anything other than loading them through Neogamma (presuming the softmod is done right of course) The remaining few titles just need certain options enabled in Neogamma or updated the IOS you are using (rare you'll need to do this, (especially if you select cIOSx Rev19 with a base of 37. I know the suggested base is 57 for the extra USB functions it provides (I think), but with a base of 37, you'll be able to run MH3 and guitar Hero/ERock band games without an issue) the exception being the 2 alt dol. titles mentioned above, but after doing the steps I listed they too will run fine from then on. This is IMHO.

And dont forget to burn all your Wii backups at 2 or 4 speed.

Good Luck with it .. :>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o