Hacking do I even need rednand?

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There i fixed the image. After playing around with it i can confirm that all of the DLC works. Characters, costumes, weapons. So to awnser OPs question, no you really don't need Rednand.

julienbdes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just tried with Mighty switch force, on USB from sysNAND: worked successfully!

To make it clear for anyone confused (supposed you're on the wiiu menu and you have the CFW Booter homebrew on your SD Card):
1) put fw.img (any should do it, but be careful where you find it) to the root of the sd card
2) Launch Internet Browser then Homebrew Launcher (on loadiine.ohv)
3) Load CFW Booter, the screen will become red with "Welcome to redNAND" then "Initializing" written on it, don't worry, it's gonna launch that fw.img file
3a) Wait like 10 seconds, the wiiu will reboot to the menu.
4) Launch Internet Browser and the Homebrew Launcher again
5) Now Load "WupInstaller Mod y"
6) Press X to install your Eshop game/DLC on your USB or external HDD
6a) If it worked, you should see the install is in progress
7) Once done successfully, press home, you're gonna be redirected to Mii Maker: press Home then WiiU Menu
8) ????????
9) Profit !!

I know my english isn't that good for tutorials, but that's how i proceeded accorded to what Kohmei said, just wanted to make it easier and clearer for you all, i hope it is now~

PS: The game/dlc will probably no longer work once you shutdown the console, if so:
Repeat the steps 2 and 3 then lunch your game/dlc from wiiu menu. Simply easy.
I've pm you!

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can confirm that using FIX94's iosuhax works perfectly.

The first time I tried, I downloaded the DLC using WiiU USB Helper, and both WUPClient and WUP Installer Y Mod refused to install it. WUP Installer actually said that it was due to the ticket not belonging to my console.
After redownloading the DLC with FunKiiU, it worked perfectly. The DLC even stayed around after rebooting my Wii U.

Last edited by Irastris,

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i almost shat my pants when i saw my Wii U blinking with a yellow light and then i remembered someone having the same issue after turning off the Wii U while on Rednand so i guess turning off the Wii U while using IOSUHax would do the same, but i disconected the Wii U and connected it back again and works fine.

BTW Irastris what DLC did you got from FunKiiU? i got Hyrule Warriors DLC from Wii U USB Helper and worked fine

Last edited by wolf-snake,
Reactions: kehkou and Irastris

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you download the dlc with funkiiu I'm using the gui and I added the title id for the dlc but it downloaded the update for Mario kart 8 instead of dlc

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean after running iosuhax again? Or even without?

After running FIX94's iosuhax again. What I meant by "stayed around" is that it didn't disappear entirely after rebooting the console afterwards.

BTW Irastris what DLC did you got from FunKiiU? i got Hyrule Warriors DLC from Wii U USB Helper and worked fine
Mario Kart 8 DLC. Failed for me when using a ticket from that ISO site, but worked perfectly when using a ticket generated by FunKiiU.

Reactions: zeldaism

zeldaism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After running FIX94's iosuhax again. What I meant by "stayed around" is that it didn't disappear entirely after rebooting the console afterwards.

Mario Kart 8 DLC. Failed for me when using a ticket from that ISO site, but worked perfectly when using a ticket generated by FunKiiU.
It seems like FunKiiU is the way to go for DLC as well as virtual console.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

i got the DLC with a ticket from that ticket site and work fine, i have a couple of virtual console tittles and Mario Kart DLC ready to go

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...