Hacking do EURO rom saves work with USA roms on the R4?

shred6waves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i downloaded sonic rush adventure (E) and ive only beat the first level. im debating if i want to go farther or not because the USA rom will probably be dumped soon.

i just wanted to know if anyone has tested this with any other game?

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It really depends on the game itself...

Edit: But why would you switch, I see no reason. The game itself in 99% of all cases is identical.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most ROMs are compatible with the same games save file from different regions. I think it's rare to find a game that won't work...

But why wait for the USA ROM? There will be nothing different... And most likely it will contain the same multi6 languages (Sonic Team usually do that)

shred6waves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most ROMs are compatible with the same games save file from different regions. I think it's rare to find a game that won't work...

But why wait for the USA ROM? There will be nothing different... And most likely it will contain the same multi6 languages (Sonic Team usually do that)

thanks, ill play it till the USA rom comes out.

and to answer your question, i downloaded it today, and the USA one will probably be available like tomorrow, so i can wait an extra day. i guess i just like having the USA rom, considering i live here

the only EURO game i have downloaded is tingles rosy rupeeland, because its not coming out in the US (at least not anytime soon)

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think it will work when it comes out for U.S. I have been using my japanese DK jungle climber save for the US version.

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
why the hell use the usa rom?
i really can't understand you.
i don't think you will enjo playing the usa version more than the euro.
weirdo preferences...
ph34r.gif

NemesisHunter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
By playing US release roms, it will allow you to play with other people from your corresponding region (if the game has WiFi), when the choice is present. In other words, if you choose to play on WiFi, it will be overall a much more smooth and lag-free experience, since you match up with people from your country/area over connecting to people overseas.

shred6waves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i live in USA, i can wait a day or 2 for the USA rom.

like i said before, ill only import games that i am forced to (ex. tingles rosy rupeeland)

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you can use the EXACT SAME SAVE FILE. just keep playing. sonic rush isn't coming out next week, is it? If you want to play, just play!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ rayder:

Maybe its just you? because its obvious that all these people can swap.savs easily...

Many games will work with region-swapped saves, but not all of them. Phoenix Wright 1 is one of the games that won't allow the save from the USA version to work with the Euro one. I know, I actually tried it. While the game didn't complain about the save file, my data from the USA version did NOT transfer over......I couldn't continue my game on the Euro version with the USA save.

You need to try it out for yourself before you accuse people of not knowing what they are talking about.

The question I answered was specifically for PW1, not any other game.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
There is no known multi-language version of Sonic Rush Adventure. The US one should be identical aside from a few bytes in it's header, unless they do bug fixes or something.

I know Japanese saves work on the US versions of Pokemon Pearl and Kirby Squeak Squad. Only games I've tried that with.

T3Sm0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did use the save from USA roms on EUR roms several times. It always worked -- no problem. I doubt it's any different the other way around since NDS games have no region coding like PS2 or Wii. Just make sure the save file and the rom have the same name.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no known multi-language version of Sonic Rush Adventure. The US one should be identical aside from a few bytes in it's header, unless they do bug fixes or something.

I know Japanese saves work on the US versions of Pokemon Pearl and Kirby Squeak Squad. Only games I've tried that with.
EU version of Sonic is multi language. You just can't change it in the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1