Do any of you feel bad when you don't buy the game?

Do you feel bad pirating and not buying?

• Yes. I want to support the teams if I like the game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat. It doesn't really matter to me. If I have the money, I'll get it.

• Not at all. I don't have the money to actually buy the games.

• Total voters

soliunasm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As stated, do any of you actually feel bad for not being able to buy the game you are pirating?
I make it my duty to purchase the game I have pirated if I like it because:
A. I want to support the company/dev team.
B. If it's a good game, you should absolutely pay for it.

Tenshigure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll agree with you on the sentiment that if I like the game, I will buy it. Typically the only games I will pirate (for a short period) is only the games that I have no ability to obtain quickly and want to "try before I buy".

For example, Osu! Tatake! Ouendan! was one of those games that, while it looked good, I wanted to make sure it was worth the purchase (yes, it is).

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I feel bad cause I know how hard it is to make a game.. well.. I only made Flash games, but those are already hard to make.. I imagine how much work takes to make a "big" game.. :/

I pirate most of my games cause they're way too expensive over here.. been trying to buy more though..

kallekall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel bad for some games. But I often buy the game I want after a while. Even though I got I chipped Wii a actually own more games that I have bought then I have burned.

But I think the companies put in to much limitations in the game. Even though I in some cases see why they have to. But that does not mean that I accept that they do it.

Edit: spelling...

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am not really a 'gamer'. I hardly play games and when I do just for a short while and NEVER finish any games. I do have the money to pay for them, but I don't want to since it's something really that I don't care about.

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nah, if I went out and bought every game I play it'd cost a fortune, it's thanks to pirating that I've been able to have the full gaming experience on the respective handheld/console. That being said, I do buy games I really really like partly to support the gaming team, but more because I like to have the hard genuine copy of things.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I dont feel bad about not buying a game, but when I launched soma bringer in jap version to check is it good I felt bad about it (but not as a pirate way , but as "what I am doing spoiling my game experience when they will someday make ebglish version").

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I only feel bad if the game is good. I often end up buying the game it self.

When I played Halo on my xbox, I was glad that I downloaded it first before following the hype and buying it.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nope.

I'm a heartless soul with no remorse for stealing games.
icon2.gif

2dere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm poor, thats why I got my flash card. I'll buy games if I can get 'em for cheap, or if I can see me spending more than twenty hours on. But half the time, they take months to come out down here. If like a game enough I'll buy it, but I don't usually end up playing a game enough to warrant a purchase so why feel guilty about playing a pirated game for two hours?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34