Hacking DLC, Emunand, and the vWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get some dlc to work with a couple games. I know the dlc is in the emuNAND, 'cause I checked. however, the dlc is not being picked up. since I'm using ustealth, I used a different FAT library to get wiiware/vc to boot. without it, you get kicked back to usb loader gx or the home menu. I'm thinking I have to use neek. now, neek works for me except with dlc. I'm thinking ustealth may be the reason I'm having this problem. this problem is with mega man 9 and 10. I don't believe the dlc is working. is there a way to tell? do you have to complete something or beat the game in order for dlc from those two games to show up? thanks

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there may be a bug with the FAT library while using ustealth. the dlc isn't showing up on regular NAND either.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
can't it be the WADs fault?
are you sure your DLCs are good ? maybe they are wrong/corrupted/fake?
anyone reported to use it successfully "where you found" these files? any .nfo or guide provided alongside the files?

if it doesn't work on official real sysNAND, why it would be a FAT problem of the loaders if you don't use loaders?

also, don't mix sysNAND and emuNAND ! why would you think installing to sysNAND and using emuNAND would make the emuNAND FAT library use the file from sysNAND? I really don't understand the logic behind what you said.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually tested the wads in emunand first, then on sysnand to make sure it was some sort of bug. however, in sysnand, the dlc still doesn't work. I'm thinking that there's a problem with ustealth and that FAT library. though, it could just be the wads as you said, but is there a game that's easy to tell if the dlc is working? I have final fantasy iv the after years. I read that at least the Rydia story is dlc, but even if I delete the game or use a different emunand, the side stories are still present. I don't know what happens if you have the game installed without having the dlc. are the stories still accessible? I figured that they may be trial versions of the stories.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan , something odd is happening. I uninstalled ustealth and reverted back to the normal FAT library. dlc still doesn't show up. I'm installing directly to the home menu. it shows the dlc in system storage, but it's never picked up. I can't remember if there was something you had to do first for mega man 9. I'm downloading a wiiware pack that might have a different game/dlc wad. however, I've already tried two different wads (sizes were different), and it had no effect.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan , I think I got it. I installed the game, opened the game to make a save file, closed it, went to the eshop for a moment, installed the dlc wad, then force partial emulation. it worked for both mega man 9 and 10.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
partial is completely useless for emuNAND channels (channels installed on emuNAND).

partial means it redirects "title" folder (the actual game and savegames), but not the system and settings. so it's using your tickets, Mii, Wiimote sync and network setting from sysNAND.
using full would work the exact same way, unless you can confirm that it's having an effect, then it means it works because you might have installed the DLC on sysNAND, and the tickets are present?
what you did is really messy, so I'm not even sure what's doing what.

Last edited by Cyan,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm...turning partial off causes the dlc to disappear again. the dlc is not present in sysNAND afaik. it's not there with data management anyway. I also installed the game and the dlc through usb loader gx's wad manager. could this have to do with the fact that dlc acts like a save file?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
usually, DLC are stored in a specific folder, not as save file.
but maybe it's different for that game? and it acts as additional files in the channel's data folder? I really don't know.

you said you tried installing the dlc on sysnand too, I don't know if DLC appear as data in the manager, but if they usually appear and for this game they doesn't appear, then you may be right.
but whether partial or full is used, the savegame are always loaded from emuNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: sub-50 for a >20k mAh battery with 100w PD charging? Fuckin sold