DL-DVDs

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, does anyone else have horrible luck with DL-DVDs?

I just burned 4 of them and only 1 of them works.

The first 2 each have 1 file that doesn't work.

The 3rd one did fine.

The 4th one I had to add a file to so I virtual mounted it, extracted the whole thing to the harddrive, then burned the files with Nero. But when I put the disc in, it shows as a blank disc. I load Nero and say burn DVD, it shows all my files on the disc?

Why do I have such crumby luck with DL-DVDs?

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use mine only with Xbox360 ISOs. Out of the pack of 20 I bought, I've wasted about 4 total. Most because of screwups on my end though.

I've generally had good luck so far.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It makes me wonder how many of my previous discs don't work. I'm gonna have to test them all in 2 weeks when I'm home again and find out.
frown.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you got the bitsetting set on the drive. I don't know how you set it as I have a pioneer 112D and its automatically bitset. What burning software are you using? Only use software like cloneCD or Imgburn. Imgburn is free. The only DVD DLs I've had problem with are the infiniti x8. I would get read errors on them. The 2.4x I ever had any problems with. Its all to do with what dye they use. At the moment I'm using fortis branded discs and have had no problems. They use the same dye as the traxdata ones.

EDIT: Just read your post again and your burning with Nero. Nero won't work as far as I know. Try imgburn.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy