puszcza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello,
I readed that it i possible to run GBA games on DS form R4type flashcards when you have ram pack on GBA slot. EZ-Flash cost now more tham my NDSL console. Is there any cheaper alternative? If you have any schemes maybe I will be able to do it myself or its inpossible?
Is 8mb of ram from rumble pack enought to play GBA games this way?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best solution is to get a GBA EZ-4in1 or something along those lines. I dont think you can straight up get the DS to recognize that you have extra ram plugged into the Slot-2. You could also try a DSTWO, I know its a bit more money, but it has onboard ram specifically for this sort of thing.

Reactions: x65943

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The official rumble card doesn't have extra RAM...

If you mean the Opera browser, no again because it's 8 MB of PSRAM which is too small for major games like Pokemon FR/LG, is mapped to the wrong address to be used in GBA mode, and doesn't have any battery-powered SRAM for saves

A 3in1 costs just under $30 for the Lite version (and can be fit in a full size GBA card's shell with 1 hour of work), and of the still manufactured GBA cards, will give you the best experience apart from an Everdrive, which costs more than double :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn