Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

D

Deleted-379826

I was using ts4ms mod pack on the latest version, everything works fine but here's what didn't work I added in a model swap for sonic it was the shadow one. I placed it in (insert game id here), patch, data, fighter and dragged in the "sonic" folder? Was that wrong?
EDIT: nvm found a proper tutorial and it seems like I have to dump my game O.o whyyyyyyyy

Last edited by ,

Superbossboo

The Regular
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I was using ts4ms mod pack on the latest version, everything works fine but here's what didn't work I added in a model swap for sonic it was the shadow one. I placed it in (insert game id here), patch, data, fighter and dragged in the "sonic" folder? Was that wrong?
EDIT: nvm found a proper tutorial and it seems like I have to dump my game O.o whyyyyyyyy
I haven't tried it personally but can't you just use the mod pack as the dump. Then you can add and build it using Sm4sh explorer?

Nekuodah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone here that has successfully dumped the game upload their smash 4 dump so I can download it? I have tried everything to get this game to dump onto my Mac but titledumper always seems to stop dumping around 1GB and I really don't know what else to try. I have been at this for about a week now and nothing else seems to work.

nhb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone here that has successfully dumped the game upload their smash 4 dump so I can download it? I have tried everything to get this game to dump onto my Mac but titledumper always seems to stop dumping around 1GB and I really don't know what else to try. I have been at this for about a week now and nothing else seems to work.

that'd be considered piracy my dude

AMartinCorcoles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I'm starting to mod the CSS, I have two costumes of the Villager with different names and I want to know, do you know how to make a css slot with only that costume of the Villager?? It has its own name in the CSS. Can any one help me?

powermarshall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering, is it possible to build faster or something? OR certain files at a time. Because, if I want to test and retest something (for example, like a texture I'm working on, or a moveset mod), and I don't want it to take like an hour each time it builds, is there a way I can speed up the process?

nhb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have any experience with adding ROB skins over their own new slot?

Here's my problem. Once launched, ROB's gyro stops being part of his animations and becomes an item, textures & models for which are stored in data/item/etc/robotgyro and data_(us_en)/item/etc/robotgyro (they're in both folders because of how ROB's localized skins work). Each skin of the gyro is stored similarly to normal ROB gyro; it goes robotgyro/model/body/cXX. I've been told that though the item model uses the same skin as the model used by ROB himself, you can't just copy the files over, you have to just port the textures in instead of copying the model.nud and model.nut. That's fine, that's easy, I did that.

So I have ROB, I have a 9th skin for him, it loads, the CSS loads, his gyro and gyroholder have the right textures. However, even with files in place for the item gyro in both data and data_(us_en) the gyro is still loading invisible--the same as it was doing when there was nothing at all in the item/etc/robotgyro/model/body/c08 path. The only difference between having the correct stuff in this path and NOT seems to be--now not only is the gyro completely invisible, the game is crashing shortly after I shoot the gyro!

I figured it may be an issue with the textures I made, but I copied c04 and renamed it to c08 and the gyro still displays as completely invisible, and loads nothing.

Is there a param I need to change somewhere regarding ROB's gyro for each new skin? (I'm kind of wary about this too, actually--I wonder if using new skin slots online with ROB could trigger bans like those old incidents of Peach players pulling bombs and getting banned from way back in the beginning? Ehh I can figure that on my own though) Is there ANYTHING I should know about ROB modding, anything I should be doing? Any help would be appreciated, I'm stumped and I hate it. This is the only thing that's caused any hard locks in my Smash 4 modding experience so far. I just want new ROB skins!!!

EDIT: Maybe it's a Sm4shExplorer problem. It seems to be both packing this folder and leaving an unpacked version of the same folder in here? Maybe this packed file shouldn't be getting generated and pointed to? Maybe the gyro SHOULD be getting packed in but isn't?
Um0XEJ0.png

Last edited by nhb,

MarinaTentacles

Leader of the Googie Gang
Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
TS4M (to my knowledge) doesn't release his mod packs in a way that easily lets you edit and add in stuff.

I'm working on a sizeable mod pack that will be left "open source," but progress is going slow because most of my beta testers are flakes. I'm trying to get it done within the week though.

ZettaSloww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TS4M (to my knowledge) doesn't release his mod packs in a way that easily lets you edit and add in stuff.

I'm working on a sizeable mod pack that will be left "open source," but progress is going slow because most of my beta testers are flakes. I'm trying to get it done within the week though.
I mean what are you trying to do because while I'm working on something of my own. I may be able to contribute.

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
I mean what are you trying to do because while I'm working on something of my own. I may be able to contribute.
It's mostly expanding the music to include things Nintendo *should* have put in, and then more custom music on top of that. Can't say it's a whole lot different than what anyone else is doing, but I'm putting a lot of focus into a few things, mainly stability (no instances of freezing), polish (not just a slap-job of mods thrown together), and not removing/replacing any of the games original content or balance.

You can read up on it here: https://github.com/matt-marek/sm4sh-mod-collection

ZettaSloww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's mostly expanding the music to include things Nintendo *should* have put in, and then more custom music on top of that. Can't say it's a whole lot different than what anyone else is doing, but I'm putting a lot of focus into a few things, mainly stability (no instances of freezing), polish (not just a slap-job of mods thrown together), and not removing/replacing any of the games original content or balance.
I may be able to help you with that because it seems simple enough although you could just upload builds to game banana because no offense it's nothing that big that people can't test it

Last edited by ZettaSloww,

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
I may be able to help you with that because it seems simple enough although you could just upload builds to game banana
Unfortunately, I can't for two reasons. First, file size is huge, so I'll be releasing builds as MEGA downloads, so they don't take 5 million years to download. Also, I have a reordered CSS... Which "unlocks" the DLC characters. While this wasn't intended for piracy, it DOES allow people to play DLC characters without paying for them.

I'm not planning on changing it though, because I figure the vast majority of people committed enough to do Sm4sh modding probably care enough about the game to have paid for the DLC characters...

ZettaSloww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I can't for two reasons. First, file size is huge, so I'll be releasing builds as MEGA downloads, so they don't take 5 million years to download. Also, I have a reordered CSS... Which "unlocks" the DLC characters. While this wasn't intended for piracy, it DOES allow people to play DLC characters without paying for them.

I'm not planning on changing it though, because I figure the vast majority of people committed enough to do Sm4sh modding probably care enough about the game to have paid for the DLC characters...
I didn't even think of that. However that isn't really a factor when uploading it there. I mean it seems to me most of what makes the mod came from there so it should be fine just put must have the DLC as a prerequisite the below average modder wouldn't attempt it which is most of the newer community wouldnt think anything of it.

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Does anyone has run into a problem where the patch file for the mods (textures/stages) doesn't work?

A friend is trying to get a modpack I built with a lot of textures, but it doesn't work for him (It works on other wii us as I have multiple people test)

However, mods are running, since he can use custom music just fine. It's just the patch folder that doesn't seem to be applied.

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone has run into a problem where the patch file for the mods (textures/stages) doesn't work?

A friend is trying to get a modpack I built with a lot of textures, but it doesn't work for him (It works on other wii us as I have multiple people test)

However, mods are running, since he can use custom music just fine. It's just the patch folder that doesn't seem to be applied.
Could possibly be an issue with the SD card. My roommate had a similar issue. He could run all the web exploits and such from an SD, but mods wouldn't work. Switching the SD card seemed to fix the issue.

I didn't even think of that. However that isn't really a factor when uploading it there. I mean it seems to me most of what makes the mod came from there so it should be fine just put must have the DLC as a prerequisite the below average modder wouldn't attempt it which is most of the newer community wouldnt think anything of it.

I've seen a few mods with that the same CSS issue get pulled off from there though, and it takes only one moron who posts "ZOMG GUIZ IT UNLOCKS CORN AND BAYO FOR FREE!!!!!1111!!" before I get in trouble <_<

Reactions: ZettaSloww

Kaguura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with the battle portrait in game where the top half of the bp looks corrupted while the bottom half looks fine. Is there any specific way I should save the dds?(I use both paint.net and photoshop)

Edit: I figured it out

Last edited by Kaguura,

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Could possibly be an issue with the SD card. My roommate had a similar issue. He could run all the web exploits and such from an SD, but mods wouldn't work. Switching the SD card seemed to fix the issue.

I've seen a few mods with that the same CSS issue get pulled off from there though, and it takes only one moron who posts "ZOMG GUIZ IT UNLOCKS CORN AND BAYO FOR FREE!!!!!1111!!" before I get in trouble <_<
There's a big addition you could make to the modpack (if you have the time), TS4M's Modpack, if you add the right files from your dump, can be used as your sm4shexplorer base, and you could add all of the things you're trying to add on top of it, since the pack contains quite a few nice things

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
There's a big addition you could make to the modpack (if you have the time), TS4M's Modpack, if you add the right files from your dump, can be used as your sm4shexplorer base, and you could add all of the things you're trying to add on top of it, since the pack contains quite a few nice things
Yeah, but I'm not interested in stealing TS4Ms thunder. His mod pack has a different feel behind it, which I'm not going for... Also, he has moveset mods, which I don't want to include. Trying to keep the game's original balance and gameplay intact ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2