Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

Downside

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a question:

Would it be possible to make certain SFX only play with certain outfits? Like, say, have Melee hit effects only play for Melee Fox alts?

That's what I'm trying to figure out myself, but i'm pretty sure you can do it, considering the shadow the hedgehog downloads that are on gamebanana.

A Jewel of Rarity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's what I'm trying to figure out myself, but i'm pretty sure you can do it, considering the shadow the hedgehog downloads that are on gamebanana.
Shadow the hedgehog custom sounds are only his voice files which is only possible because of bowserjr and his alts having thier own voice sounds, though now I think about it, cloud has his own hit sounds and so does ryu so im sure there is a way to limit that to costumes?

Downside

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadow the hedgehog custom sounds are only his voice files which is only possible because of bowserjr and his alts having thier own voice sounds, though now I think about it, cloud has his own hit sounds and so does ryu so im sure there is a way to limit that to costumes?

Yea, it's possible, I just don't know how to do it either.

A Jewel of Rarity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yea, it's possible, I just don't know how to do it either.
Well I'm busy with other stuff so feel free to try out my theory here. Find clouds hit sounds and lets say add them to marios 4th alt, rename the soundfile to the same as marios but just before the filename extenstion (.nus3bank) add c00 for the normal mario sounds and c03 for the new one. give that a try tell me how it goes.

I haven't touched sound effect editing yet, I'm slowly experimenting with other stuff but I have read up enough to understand.

NAFEDUDE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I mean, I know you can have voice clips play for certain skins by naming them a certain way, but the hit effect are considered "common," is the issue I forsee.

A Jewel of Rarity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess we have to experiment with those then.
Looked through ryu and clouds files I believe these may be the custom hit sounds, try adding these onto another character and replacing the name also the on with the Cxx on it try only adding that to the character and changing the number for the alt.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Looked through ryu and clouds files I believe these may be the custom hit sounds, try adding these onto another character and replacing the name also the on with the Cxx on it try only adding that to the character and changing the number for the alt.
im an idiot forgot the image.
6f1a7dc67fa0afa039074289b80bfa75.png

Reactions: NAFEDUDE

Downside

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, look at bowser jr's sound files.
It looks like he has sounds for each individual skin.
Which is what you referred to before. Maybe this is something?

A Jewel of Rarity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
6f1a7dc67fa0afa039074289b80bfa75.png

Okay new plan take the snd_se_Cloud_common_c01.nus3bank and place it in any other characters sound and take the "cloud" out and replace it with that characters name lets say for example "snd_se_Ganon_common_c01.nus3bank" build the mod do all that stuff and then go and test to see if ganons second skin has clouds hit sounds.

NAFEDUDE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Accidentally posted twice so I might as well ask what the hell is going on with that CSS on GB?

Last edited by NAFEDUDE, , Reason: Accidental double post

AmNavySeal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Here's a question:

Would it be possible to make certain SFX only play with certain outfits? Like, say, have Melee hit effects only play for Melee Fox alts?
You can, just name them
snd_se_Fox_cXX.nus3bank

XX being, of course, the number of the costume you want it to play at. 00 being default, 07 being the last from left to right.
Only drawback is that if you have two of the same characters but with different soundbanks, one of them will be mute.

A Jewel of Rarity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can, just name them
snd_se_Fox_cXX.nus3bank

XX being, of course, the number of the costume you want it to play at. 00 being default, 07 being the last from left to right.
Only drawback is that if you have two of the same characters but with different soundbanks, one of them will be mute.
I think they were talking about hitsounds which is a bit more difficult.

AmNavySeal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Ohh, hitsounds. Yeah, that's really not possible, since characters programmed to have hitsounds are very few, and Fox is not between them. You can totally try swapping from Cloud, Ike or Ryu's SFXs, but I don't think that'd work.

kangaroogreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't suppose anyone has stumbled across where the game associates character IDs to names have they? I'm just wondering if it's a parameter in a file that would associate say character ID 4 with files containing the name "mario". I'm experimenting and trying to see if I can do something.

Also, if anyone at least even knows where the text used to say the large 3D character name on the results screen is, that'd help a ton.

Last edited by kangaroogreen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Jared and his blood covered foot long