Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

Baggy Scraggy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What should you do if a texture hack doesn't contain a chr_13 file? Wouldn't their custom texture not show up on the character select screen because of that?

xKaii

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried this tutorial http://sm4shmods.com/forums/topic/add-new-costume-slots/ and it worked fine except for this

V8fMq3l.png

Anybody knows how to fix it?

Baggy Scraggy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's because that portrait is a different file from the CSPs. You don't have a portrait for that slot, so it shows a blank one in its place.

I've noticed that a lot of textures don't include the portrait unfortunately.

In my opinion people should always try and upload the portrait so it looks better in game, but that's just me.

Last edited by Baggy Scraggy,
Reactions: soniczx123

Baggy Scraggy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
god bless you. No portrait, no way.

Btw, what files have the portraits? Just for curiosity

From what I can tell, as long as they're a fighter, they'll have a portrait. There may be others I don't know about, but that's as far as my knowledge extends.

They all have portraits for different situations too, like the in-battle portrait is different from the character select screen portrait.

xKaii

Trophies
XP
Country
From what I can tell, as long as they're a fighter, they'll have a portrait. There may be others I don't know about, but that's as far as my knowledge extends.

They all have portraits for different situations too, like the in-battle portrait is different from the character select screen portrait.

I talk about results screen and in-battle portraits.

TNTBlowzUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so uum... i am using Paint.net instead of Photoshop... i dont have money to get the real version and i can't seem to figer out hot to get the DDS plugin to work... but my problem is is that i can't give my textures a MipMap's... any one here knows how it works on Paint.net?

q8ME2hB.png

Sonicbrawler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Paint.net so I can help. When you are saving it as a.dds, on the middle left there should be a mipmaps box. make sure its checked. and that the drop down on the top left is set to the first option.

Handy Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you colour hair properly? i know it's vertex based but i can't find a guide anywhere and pestering people isn't my thing
I would like to know how to color hair too. I'm trying to color Roy's hair for a texture I'm making and it's still red in-game. It's worth noting that I did change the color of his eyebrows though.

Last edited by Handy Man,

cbones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uploaded a few mediocre recolors for everyone. They all include portraits because I hate when they don't include portraits.

http://gamebanana.com/members/1474851

Can't upload them here as the ZIP files are too large.
How did you get Donkey Kong's mip map working in game? Whenever I extract his file, the mip map comes out as just all black and it loads in game as that.

Sn10jg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oke... working on my 2nd mod... and i have another problem, plzz send help xD. i fixt this lasttime but i dont remember how
qJwaxIq.jpg
Had that problem too. Try injecting the texture.dds again and/or try to get the correct format. I believe sometimes it corrupts or something which results into this I could be wrong though.

On another note does anyone know how to get the chr_00, 10, 11 files working? I tried inserting them in the AGRB (or something like that) format and dtx5 format and it doesn't show up on screen or glitches. I also tried to turning mipmaps on and off and it still didn't work.

RubberYen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help.
So I tried dumping my copy of sm4sh and it seems titledumper was finished dumping the game after about 14 hours. When I view my sd card on my pc however there appears to be nothing regarding the game I just dumped. Am I missing something or what am I doing wrong? I'll put a link to what cmd looks like when it was "finished." http://imgur.com/S9nfLX5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6v3cT3b59A&t=12s