Homebrew [DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

GiuseppeCrabapple

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Well try as I might using the ultimate gba VC injector, not applying a sleep patch, using eeprom save type and applying prof9's USA patch, and then using ftdp to to transport the CIA files (cus I'm too lazy) , installing it and after all that it just stays on the Gameboy logo screen.

I don't wanna have to use an emulator after playing Golden sun VC, and I just couldn't bear the fps drops. I'm thinking it must be some problem either with the patch ar the eeprom save type. Thx for any help on this subject, I really do appreciate it.

Velvis70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a similar program/solution for making injectable games from older systems like Atari 2600 & Colecovision? I am assuming it would have to use Retroarch.

Reactions: GiuseppeCrabapple

GiuseppeCrabapple

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Well I got it working after all, turns out all I had to do was apply a SRAM patch in the ultimate gba VC injector, and it worked like a charm. Thx for the help, I appreciate it.

DeltaVelocity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Should I use NSUI, or is it better to use the individual forwarders for each system? I am a casual player so don't need to inject that many.

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Should I use NSUI, or is it better to use the individual forwarders for each system? I am a casual player so don't need to inject that many.
NSUI is super handy. It's basically every fowarder packed in a single neat application. I say use it. Only reason not to is if you decide against fowarders, in that case you should use standalone emulators like bubble's, gameyob, and gbarunner2 among others

DeltaVelocity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
NSUI is super handy. It's basically every fowarder packed in a single neat application. I say use it. Only reason not to is if you decide against fowarders, in that case you should use standalone emulators like bubble's, gameyob, and gbarunner2 among others
Ah all right. Haven't gotten a 3DS yet but am working to get a New 3DS XL, most likely from OLX in India, so was just checking to see if I should use this.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah all right. Haven't gotten a 3DS yet but am working to get a New 3DS XL, most likely from OLX in India, so was just checking to see if I should use this.
Try and find one that's in optimal condition because if you get one that has been used quite often, chances are you'll get one that has a bloated/overcharged battery.

DeltaVelocity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Try and find one that's in optimal condition because if you get one that has been used quite often, chances are you'll get one that has a bloated/overcharged battery.
Will try but due to COVID, and no sellers in my area, I most likely will not be able to get into the nitty-gritty of the condition of the 3DS, so am hoping for the best. Will not buy it right now anyways.

Last edited by DeltaVelocity,

rhotate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in implementing the core functionality of the injector for other systems. I think it would be cool to be able to convert roms directly on the 3ds, for instance. I know Asdolo said they can't share the source code, but I could probably get it done with a little guidance. Are the injection steps documented anywhere?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm interested in implementing the core functionality of the injector for other systems. I think it would be cool to be able to convert roms directly on the 3ds, for instance. I know Asdolo said they can't share the source code, but I could probably get it done with a little guidance. Are the injection steps documented anywhere?
Unfortunately, no. From the looks of it,
the dev has stopped supporting this tool. On the bright side, it is possible to decompile the injector with a certain tool which can give you access to the code. I'd give it a go, but I don't know jack about coding and this injector is in desperate need of an upgrade.

Fer2317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Asdolo Thank You for this amazing tool may be its time that you put a way that people donate to your cause may be if you put a paypal link let the people at least repay you for this amazing work of love for the old games at least i personally would like to buy you a coffee or a bag of Yerba Mate :D and again thanks

Reactions: godreborn

scoobydude51

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, no. From the looks of it,
the dev has stopped supporting this tool. On the bright side, it is possible to decompile the injector with a certain tool which can give you access to the code. I'd give it a go, but I don't know jack about coding and this injector is in desperate need of an upgrade.

I definitely would want that tool.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I definitely would want that tool.
The one I used is DNSpy. I think I also tried using Visual Studio (don't know which version, though) to decompile the executable.

Replacing anything in terms of CIA (relating to RetroArch, ew) or code rendered the injector useless as it always crashed. I wanted to update the NES emulator while adding the normal Picodrive emulator as an injection option. but I couldn't do that since I don't know the 101's of programming.

If you, or anyone out there is willing to give this a whirl, it would be amazing.

ChameleonSkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one I used is DNSpy. I think I also tried using Visual Studio (don't know which version, though) to decompile the executable.

Replacing anything in terms of CIA (relating to RetroArch, ew) or code rendered the injector useless as it always crashed. I wanted to update the NES emulator while adding the normal Picodrive emulator as an injection option. but I couldn't do that since I don't know the 101's of programming.

If you, or anyone out there is willing to give this a whirl, it would be amazing.

Since we're on the topic, it's worth pointing out that while the NSUI code itself isn't open source, the fork of Retroarch that Asdolo used is, in fact, open source. This is arguably the hardest part of the code (at least IMHO - retroarch core is way more complicated than a C# frontend), and if you look back at Asdolo's original post about the SNES injector he made a list of a number of modifications he needed to make in this fork in order to get it to work as expected.

https://github.com/asdolo/retroarch-3ds-forwarders-v2

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since we're on the topic, it's worth pointing out that while the NSUI code itself isn't open source, the fork of Retroarch that Asdolo used is, in fact, open source. This is arguably the hardest part of the code (at least IMHO - retroarch core is way more complicated than a C# frontend), and if you look back at Asdolo's original post about the SNES injector he made a list of a number of modifications he needed to make in this fork in order to get it to work as expected.

https://github.com/asdolo/retroarch-3ds-forwarders-v2
The problem with RetroArch is that it doesn't always work properly since you have to always find a way to run a stable version of the emulator in order to play the game in optimal speed...which is pretty difficult to do after injection.

To give you an example, PicoDrive on the 3DS runs without any faults and slowdowns while RetroArch's PicoDrive that is used for the injector is always slow for some reason...

DeltaVelocity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
The one I used is DNSpy. ...

I just wanted to see if I could decompile it, and while DNSpy is discontinued DNSpyEx, is a continuation, and while I do see it decompiled, I wanted to know which emulators were to be updated.

DeltaVelocity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I just wanted to see if I could decompile it, and while DNSpy is discontinued DNSpyEx, is a continuation, and while I do see it decompiled, I wanted to know which emulators were to be updated.
Also, by no means do I know a single lick of C#, but I might be able to understand a little bit of it.

DeltaVelocity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Alright, so I know absolutely nothing about .NET, but am persevering and may have foud something. @Anon_Cypher_ is the CIA file you wanted to replace in:
1632642556095.png

and is in the format of:
1632642607772.png

?
Or am I in the wrong place. Apologies if I shouldn't ask these question here.

Last edited by DeltaVelocity,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them