Homebrew [DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know what to do about Mario Kart Super Circuit? Made a cia with Beta 28 but when I start it up, it just gives me a white screen with some kind of muffled noise. Tried changing the save type to Atmel 512k or whatever and I’m still having the problem. Same thing is happening with Advance Wars though without the noise for some reason. Mario Advance 2 seems to have odd saving issues too.

EDIT: Is there a way to open injected cias with NSUI and edit them from there? Then maybe I could find a working cia of any of these games, and then just edit the banner to what I want

Last edited by IceBlueLugia,

d3vak

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Did you perhaps skip past the option to use restore points when you first went into the system menu for the game by mashing the B button? By pressing Start + X + R, you should be able to restore the restore points option if that is the problem here.

My only other thought would be that you're using another injection method, such as Snes9x. Seems unlikely if you don't mess around with the settings too much, though.

Thank you for your reply. I actually tried what you initially suggested but it still didn't show the restore points. Since I didn't find a solution, what I ended up doing was opting for the Snes9x injection method... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Macuelos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone else facing an issue with getting images from the database? It gives an error every time I try to do so.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it.

Really? I never got it to work so I've just been getting my own, I find it's actually pretty nice to do it yourself.

PkStarzone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could it be possible to install ourself newer versions of Retroarch's emulators into Beta 28? All I want is to install some Neo Geo Pocket Colors games as cias and while Beta 28 supports it, performance is worse than the current standalone core if you decide to play the game straight from Retroarch 3DS instead.

Maybe we could just switch some files? Sadly I have no idea of how the Retroarch cores are in the files. I'm hoping someone knows the answer.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could it be possible to install ourself newer versions of Retroarch's emulators into Beta 28? All I want is to install some Neo Geo Pocket Colors games as cias and while Beta 28 supports it, performance is worse than the current standalone core if you decide to play the game straight from Retroarch 3DS instead.

Maybe we could just switch some files? Sadly I have no idea of how the Retroarch cores are in the files. I'm hoping someone knows the answer.
The code is pretty complex. I've been trying to decompile the executable so that I can replace the CIA files inside it with newer versions to no avail. You should try contacting the official dev of the tool. I've talked to him twice, and he has yet to answer.

PkStarzone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The code is pretty complex. I've been trying to decompile the executable so that I can replace the CIA files inside it with newer versions to no avail. You should try contacting the official dev of the tool. I've talked to him twice, and he has yet to answer.
I'll give it a try, if nothing come from it I hope you or someone else is able to recompile the files.
I do wonder, what if instead of editing NSUI, we instead make a CIA with beta 27 and then modify the files inside the cia like replacing the Retroarch core? Like modify the CIA itself, I tried those ones but I don't know much about CIAs to mess around.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll give it a try, if nothing come from it I hope you or someone else is able to recompile the files.
I do wonder, what if instead of editing NSUI, we instead make a CIA with beta 27 and then modify the files inside the cia like replacing the Retroarch core? Like modify the CIA itself, I tried those ones but I don't know much about CIAs to mess around.
That's impossible from I've seen. The executable is compiled with multiple CIA files which need to be replaced indivudually by altering their code prompts...except for the Retroarch one which is one universal CIA with branches and codes for different platforms (NES, Genesis, etc.). Any attempt of deleting the CIA will break the executable.

PkStarzone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's impossible from I've seen. The executable is compiled with multiple CIA files which need to be replaced indivudually by altering their code prompts...except for the Retroarch one which is one universal CIA with branches and codes for different platforms (NES, Genesis, etc.). Any attempt of deleting the CIA will break the executable.
I was more referring to make a full working CIA with the ROM already injected with Beta 27 and modify that exact same CIA with our own files.
Basically modding the CIA itself just before installing it to the 3DS. Or install the CIA and replace the Retroarch core that should be located somewhere inside the 3DS's SD card.
Its probably a crazy idea but we are running out of options.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was more referring to make a full working CIA with the ROM already injected with Beta 27 and modify that exact same CIA with our own files.
Basically modding the CIA itself just before installing it to the 3DS. Or install the CIA and replace the Retroarch core that should be located somewhere inside the 3DS's SD card.
Its probably a crazy idea but we are running out of options.
I guess you can try. The OG dev hasn't been active lately and it really bums me out that we may never see another future update.

PkStarzone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you can try. The OG dev hasn't been active lately and it really bums me out that we may never see another future update.
I actually tried but I sort of given up as I have no idea how Retroarch works or how the files and cores are named. I'm honestly a complete noob at this so I was wondering if someone with more experience and knowledge could try this and made a guide.
It could be better than nothing at the very least.

Al-AmeenAdewunmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I'm not sure if this is due to my 3DS or the injector but uh, for some reason, when I play GBA games, the screen is clipping? This only happened today, so I don't know the cause, but also, when I hit the HOME button, it moves the screen up and down to a certain extent, although only at random. That's the best I can describe it.

Below is what happens when I'm playing Minish Cap. To repeat, this only happened today and was working fine beforehand.

yNJxoUB86MKAeM9cx4JZi5IGxgCbAXw8eQ3wPGYgjdSq_JX6YHbP_tmnlX_vl1Cb0oY7adbvlkbKTLiRMjq4Bbsy8vY304vo7DytvWxbXHpgbDob63jDfxBLMQnKTey8IWpOKvdVa2upzcLc1J39AVWGBCLfIZ_HRGST0lRK5St31jSk5LMuUEWMs7yvSPVk_-DC4hQYSxLRx8RqcSmBNdsN_pUTPElYwctyuivEbD_kAeflIjeCafAEbqLt8mWQ7paAVw_-sonzIXtmlOf8tMj9iCAxqEDPiZZzruKiwqtLuC9KEcphfUVT8WSbN_hr7s517IuHu69pJXU5z3KI5BiJgK8N_Mzl85BE1zA7VGfvgxivFlWEH7oU5BKyv7o9m_0K1l1v6ANrbmht6kRLtpmHnWafeIrNhthbsV8taDYT6RbPYD9wUYNoGxLKJE5X7gq5tPNHsMRkLsddP4Snko7Qb9woW8oxWtssqfV7jeTvSBU42a5IQirojTUP9U-0Aqs5fboY-FnsHvqHeQbFYaU4pKPo4PBgPy597afSYpICu5Qc28AVSeYLdg3BVH33-KIAE-ubaV5lsYZZr2V0hCKr3Uh1FxuFRt6fnzgSbgw9Wrj1UhC5oRBRGQH4kPaBCH9w4fuCj_6cN2TUrpNxBO_3gWyGClgQHC7YbRljBoYiSlANKTG1Xvx6190h4L3Kn4mktT-4BiUR79AKK46atJIRlQ=w920-h448-no

Last edited by Al-AmeenAdewunmi,

vlvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore

dont think this would work, its quite complex iirc

GiuseppeCrabapple

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Yo I'm very new to this sort of thing but I was trying to do a VC inject in the new super ultimate injector of the gba boktai the sun is in your hand. But as you know I ran into the problem of it not being able to save.

So I used the serial code trickery trick by turdpo charger I found. I opened the .gba in hxd editor and did the changing, then I put that changed file into the injector, and I thankfully got the different save type, the same as the minish cap.

When I downloaded the CIA and opened it on the 3ds however, it got to the GAMEBOY ADVANCE Nintendo screen and just froze and wouldn't go past that point. I've tried multiple other save types, changed from USA roms to Europe roms, and no matter what I do it won't get past that screen.

Keep in mind this is all without patches applied. I'm gonna try use them when I can get the saves working. Any help would be much appreciated.

Elru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yo I'm very new to this sort of thing but I was trying to do a VC inject in the new super ultimate injector of the gba boktai the sun is in your hand. But as you know I ran into the problem of it not being able to save.

So I used the serial code trickery trick by turdpo charger I found. I opened the .gba in hxd editor and did the changing, then I put that changed file into the injector, and I thankfully got the different save type, the same as the minish cap.

When I downloaded the CIA and opened it on the 3ds however, it got to the GAMEBOY ADVANCE Nintendo screen and just froze and wouldn't go past that point. I've tried multiple other save types, changed from USA roms to Europe roms, and no matter what I do it won't get past that screen.

Keep in mind this is all without patches applied. I'm gonna try use them when I can get the saves working. Any help would be much appreciated.

For those games i used the ultimate gba vc injector and save without problems even with the sun patches

Reactions: GiuseppeCrabapple

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y