Homebrew [DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

GLBlackFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here is a debug build of beta 28: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8fxlz3zv25edtw/Debug.zip?dl=0

Please test it and send me feedback!
for some reason i still get an error when i try to ad a bios file (FDS or GBA).
to be precise: it deletes the file after the selection and then puts out the error message.
also:
the game-image (ingame) of pokemon games (fire-red & emerald) is now shifted upwards and lines that are over the "edge" on otop are added at the bottom.

Attachments

• errormessage.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 25
  • errormessage.png
    errormessage.png
    165.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by GLBlackFire,

butman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So what would be the differences by choosing SNES Virtual Console vs any other emulator options?
I have a New 3DS.

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what would be the differences by choosing SNES Virtual Console vs any other emulator options?
I have a New 3DS.
The VC works perfectly for the officially released titles, and actually most of the non-official titles work well too in my experience, they really made a solid emulator from what I can tell. The Super FX games are a no-go though. You'll need to use an emulator for those, like Yoshi's Island and both Star Fox games. Also, the ROM size limit on official VC is 4 MB; in terms of all regular SNES game releases, this isn't an issue. However, some 3 or 4 MB games with translation patches or ROM hacks and stuff end up being over 4 MB and won't work. Fire Emblem 4 and 5 are the biggest examples.

The fan made emulator has better compatibility of course, but the one in NSUI hasn't been updated in years so I've heard the audio isn't the best, though I can't really confirm this myself

Kays

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, I am using NSUI v0.27 (Beta 27) by Asdolo to create my .CIA files, but I am having some problems, I hope you can help me, I want to create the files with an ingame wallpaper, whose resolution must be 400x240p, I already did it, but I get an error when trying configure it by default, and when creating each game it does let me place it and create the .CIA, but when I open the game my custom border does not appear, the problem happens to me with SNES9x for Old 3DS forwarder and VirtualNES for 3DS, I have not Tried the other injectors but I guess they have the same problem.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you use this to play GBC on your 3DS? Want to play Pokemon Crystal Legacy, which is a rom hack, on my ds
Late reply to your question but yes you probably can. Just turn the patched ROM into a CIA and install it using FBI. This'll make it play through the Virtual Console, see if it works. If not you'll need to use an emulator.

Reactions: champsblinder02

craigm

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
to be precise: it deletes the file after the selection and then puts out the error message.
also:
the game-image (ingame) of pokemon games (fire-red & emerald) is now shifted upwards and lines that are over the "edge" on otop are added at the bottom.
yoo i have the same problem
Post automatically merged:

also:
yoo i have the same problem

Konsento1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to do some Famicom VC voodoo and deal with the mapper stuff?

I'm trying to inject MOTHER (Famicom) into the official 3ds VC emulator, and it sometimes works, but I want the VC menu in Japanese while trying to patch the run button in.

Other times, it crashes at the title screen. I thought of gutting shadow gate's famicom cia and swapping the rom, but it may not work from what I heard.

Edit: it boots, but the menu graphics are all glitchy.

Last edited by Konsento1,

Amey8a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Finally we can get custom color banner in GBA VC instead of grayscale. I hope the Author implements it in future releases.

01. Open NSUI
02. Select Tools> CIA extract and build
03. Drag GBA VC CIA in it
04. Select your cia file and press extract CIA option (keep the window open. We will need it in step 15)
05. Open extract folder (will be inside NSUI folder>temp1>)
06. Goto extracted>ExtractedBanner
07. We need banner.cgfx
08. Open banner.cgfx in hex editor of your choice. I recommend HxD
09. Goto address 2CA0
10. Change byte from 05 (LA8 Grayscale) -> 0D (ETC1 with alpha)
11. Save the file
12. Now you can use old Ohana3DS to import your custom colored png (256x64 pixel) and replace the grayscale image created by NSUI
13. Save the banner.cgfx
14. Use Ohana3DS rebirth to check the changes by opening this new banner.cgfx in it
15. In the window we left open in step 4, select rebuild CIA
16. The cia file will be made inside NSUI>temp1 folder as romname_edited.cia
17. You can install this cia file in your 3ds now to check the new colored banner

For NSUI build 28,

07. We need banner1.bcmdl
08. Open banner1.bcmdl in hex editor of your choice. I recommend HxD
09. Goto address 1024
10. Change byte from 05 (LA8 Grayscale) -> 0D (ETC1 with alpha)
11. Save the file
12. Now you can use old Ohana3DS to import your custom colored png (256x64 pixel) and replace the grayscale image created by NSUI
13. Save the banner1.bcmdl
14. Use Ohana3DS rebirth to check the changes by opening this new banner1.bcmdl in it
15. Make 13 different copies of this edited banner1.bcmdl and rename them as banner2.bcmdl, banner3.bcmdl, ......, banner13.bcmdl
15. In the window we left open in step 4, select rebuild CIA
16. The cia file will be made inside NSUI>temp1 folder as romname_edited.cia
17. You can install this cia file in your 3ds now to check the new colored banner

Last edited by Amey8a,

leamon777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting an error that says Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click continue the application will ignore this message.... etc and the cia header info wont load in and the export cia is greyed out. I have no clue why. this happens for every rom I try, no matter what system.

Domslayer342

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why isn't there any atari 5200 section it has the best games out of the others
Post automatically merged:

also will the website forwarders use the old outdated 3ds browser or something like PyQT5 made browser

Last edited by Domslayer342,
  • Haha
Reactions: ChibiMofo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols