Vigilantic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I
Through startup.
I have tried launching TWLoader again making sure sd card was unlocked,i received the crash again,i went to the sd cards folder to see if setting was there this time,it sadly wasnt,and then i tried to check if i can post the dump file to see if it helps,but i couldnt find the dump folder itself

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm now getting a white screen trying to run the cyclods evo or r4i revolution upgrade(r4i-sdhc.com) carts, I copied across all the files/folders from the 7z and even put the files from the flashcartroot(all) to the root of the flashcart(even put them on the root of the 2sd by accident)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm now getting a white screen trying to run the cyclods evo or r4i revolution upgrade(r4i-sdhc.com) carts, I copied across all the files/folders from the 7z and even put the files from the flashcartroot(all) to the root of the flashcart(even put them on the root of the 2sd by accident)
If you're trying to run the CycloDS Evo, try running the card itself instead of "Add Games".

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're trying to run the CycloDS Evo, try running the card itself instead of "Add Games".

What do you mean?
I start twloader, it shows the cyclods evo(or the r4i depending on which cart I've inserted). I click on the cart and it starts, shows the ds load screen the white screen(top and bottom).

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean?
I start twloader, it shows the cyclods evo(or the r4i depending on which cart I've inserted). I click on the cart and it starts, shows the ds load screen the white screen(top and bottom).
I mean, make sure "Reset Slot-1" is on.

macia10

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I

I have tried launching TWLoader again making sure sd card was unlocked,i received the crash again,i went to the sd cards folder to see if setting was there this time,it sadly wasnt,and then i tried to check if i can post the dump file to see if it helps,but i couldnt find the dump folder itself
Try starting it with wifi disabled. It worked for me :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
I mean, make sure "Reset Slot-1" is on.

Thanks that worked, now to decide which of the launcher/loader to use for the cyclods. This or ntr-launcher, this offers more but ntr-launcher is quick/simple.

Don't need any launcher for the r4i as that seems to work "natively" on luma, even works on 7.05.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm.... When ever I try to launch a .nds file or my flashcart from TWLoader my system shuts down. I should also mention this happens with all DS software (such as launching DS games/flashcarts directly, DS Download Play, etc). Using B9S 1.0 with Luma 7.1.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm.... When ever I try to launch a .nds file or my flashcart from TWLoader my system shuts down. I should also mention this happens with all DS software (such as launching DS games/flashcarts directly, DS Download Play, etc). Using B9S 1.0 with Luma 7.1.
Have you tried following this part of the guide?
https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting#twl_broken

Snerik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I ask a few questions?

First, I noticed that the loading screens on TWL are a bit slow, Idk if its just the game I'm playing (megaman zx) or if it's every other game but I'd like to know how high of a priority this is on your list.

Second, how often do you guys work to make as many games compatible as you can? And are there any games you're prioritizing above others?

Finally, are there any games that can't be made compatible or are all games able to become compatible with some time and effort?

Thank you in advance.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I ask a few questions?

First, I noticed that the loading screens on TWL are a bit slow, Idk if its just the game I'm playing (megaman zx) or if it's every other game but I'd like to know how high of a priority this is on your list.
That's normal, since loading from SD is a bit slow.
Second, how often do you guys work to make as many games compatible as you can? And are there any games you're prioritizing above others?
Actually, when we get one game compatible, some other games will end up being compatible as well.
Finally, are there any games that can't be made compatible or are all games able to become compatible with some time and effort?

Thank you in advance.
The latter.

FeistyTroglodyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, thank you for fixing support for the r4i rts 3ds! I really enjoy your front end, especially the box arts. I have two questions, however:
Since you are telling the flashcard what game to boot do any cheats set in the flashcard's GUI also apply when they are launched through TWLoader?
The provided pack causes my flashcard to first load a normal menu and then autoboot one that is completely black, except for the game icons. Is there a way to fix this other than swapping in the regular wood kernel?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, thank you for fixing support for the r4i rts 3ds! I really enjoy your front end, especially the box arts. I have two questions, however:
Since you are telling the flashcard what game to boot do any cheats set in the flashcard's GUI also apply when they are launched through TWLoader?
I have no idea.
The provided pack causes my flashcard to first load a normal menu and then autoboot one that is completely black, except for the game icons. Is there a way to fix this other than swapping in the regular wood kernel?
Nope.

FeistyTroglodyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea.

Nope.
I have figured it out myself! It is possible to get both a working flashcard menu and cheats by doing the following:
1. Copy all subfolders of /__rpg/ to /_wfwd/
2. Copy gamdata.bin from /__rpg/ to /_wfwd/
3. Copy globalsettings.ini from /__rpg/ to /_wfwd/ and insert the following line after langDirectory:
autorunWithLastRom = 1​

It is now possible to start the flashcard normally and configure cheats. These cheats will also be applied when running from TWLoader.

EDIT: The cause for the black menu was that the theme was set to "void" in the globalsettings.ini. usrcheat.dat wasn't present in the cheats directory, so it had to be added. The language files were outdated(?) and only the void theme was in the ui folder.

Last edited by FeistyTroglodyte,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWLoader v5.1.0

NOTE: You will need to get TWLD.twldr from TWLoader.7z at "sd:/_nds/twloader" after updating on 3DS.

This should've been the v5.0.0 release, but here it is now!

What's new?
  • The DS/DSi boot screen has moved to the GUI, and now enhanced in 240p, widescreen, and with 3D depth!
    You can now also set it to appear before the ROM select screen appears, or after launching a ROM!
  • If you're using the R4 or akMenu/Wood theme, the "Loading..." screen from the R4 will appear before the menu appears!
  • The scroll bar from the DSi Menu is added to the bottom of the DSi Menu theme!
  • In per-game settings, "Lock ARM9 SCFG EXT" has been replaced with an option to use or not use a set donor ROM.
  • Auto-update bootstrap option has moved to NTR/TWL settings.
  • "Lock ARM9 SCFG EXT" option has been removed from NTR/TWL settings screen.
  • nds-bootstrap v0.2.0 now included for anyone who wants to use Download Station patched with HaxxStation!
    Just set it in the settings screen.
  • 3DSX build now included for HBL Rosalina users!
  • Demo build is now update-able.
Improvements
  • New look for the settings screen! Selections are now buttons! (The NTR/TWL mode settings screen is left alone.)
  • DSi Menu: The button combo for delete queue is now Up+X instead of L+X.
Improvement/Bug fix
  • A new build of NTR Launcher is now used, and now a CIA as part 2 of TWLNAND side, so Acekard 2i should work now.
    Both CIAs will need to be installed now.
Bug fixes
  • Pressing SELECT on empty icon no longer crashes.
  • Pressing X on cart or settings icon no longer crashes.
Known bugs
  • Some text may be shown out of the button boundaries in the settings screen.
Todo
  • Re-add the other 5 languages for DS/DSi boot screen.
  • Add the Chinese and Korean H&S messages to DS/DSi boot screen, including the iQue DS logo.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
RIP @Apache Thunder TwlNand Dsi boot animation :D he spent years to made it works.
Anyways, this version seems great!
Thanks a lot for your effort on this project!
Some questions:
Why Lock ARM9 SCFG EXT setting has been removed? Doesn't it turn useful for some homebrews?
Also, if I remember correctly, doesn't BS 0.2.0 works better for some hb?

Last edited by Valery0p,

bellabastardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
5.1.0 doesn't work for me for some reason. Luma crashes after NDS splash screen.
5.0.1 work flawlessly tho.

(O3DS Xl, boot9strap 1.2, luma 8.0, R4 SDHC 2017 (not clone))

Last edited by bellabastardo,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning