YeeHaH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hello i need to replace analog stick on psp slim and cant find any instructions on disassemble of the psp slim. Can anyone tell me where to find such instructions. I have googled and still cant find. I have no trouble taking the top off the psp but the analog stick has a screw under the screen that has me worried about going any further without instructions...

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i don't know where you can find proper instructions, but i can give you some info on removing the screen.

you first need to remove the button strip(for start/select/home etc) by carefully lifting the clamps on the sides and rotating the top towards you(if you're holding the psp like you'd hold it while playing the game)
once that one is removed(remember: don't disconnect the ribbon cable thingy, that needs to stay connected, same goes for the screen) you can carefully lift the screen starting from the top(you may need to use a little force, but stop once you get the feeling you're going to break the screen)

this "miniguide" starts from the point where you have the front of the shell removed.

this is all just own experience, since i screwed open my psp yesterday to fix the speakers which are hidden below the screen.

YeeHaH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thnx dice. was easier than expected. got the job done no worries
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol our trash can decided to go flying and flipped on its side