Hacking DIOS-MIOS released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wave race on the wode doesnt have the sound that plays from my retail.
voices and what not ARE the same .. but the music on the intro and such is gone.

ikaruga isnt in my collection to try , but nice to know ...i will have to buy it when i find it.

would be nice to have a link of a list of more games like this , does anyone know of such a link ?

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sorgelig said:
cwstjdenobs said:
That really is a matter of opinion. A lot of games are like movies in presentation, and that means the music is a major part of the experience. For me Eternal Darkness without music is like watching Star Wars without any music.

movies are almost always have integrated audio. Audio-streaming is used in playing process, not in movies.
Just curious where in Eternal Darkness you see audio-streaming? Movies/Intros are with sound and music. So what is missing in this game?

So far, only one game (in my collection) is clearly missing background music - Ikaruga.

In game there's only the sound effects. And sorry I mustn't of being very clear, when I said like movies in presentation I meant tha BG music is as important in some games as in films.

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
cwstjdenobs,
if you will tell me which solution provides better GC USB loading than Wode then i will definitely buy it. Do u know such? I just don't understand point of discussion. Only few games have audio-streaming. How it can prevent to load all other games from USB? Do u want to tell that if you find 1-2 games without BG music then you will refuse to save all 100 games to USB not requiring audio-streaming?
Messing with bunch of DVD disks is sure not a solution at all. I would preffer to miss BG music in very few games (for me, actually only one - Ikaruga) than use DVD crap. At least that couple (one, actually) *REAL* audio-streaming games i always can play from real DVD if i would like to (but really, no). Couple DVDs are not a hundred.

markehmus,
as i wrote before there is no definitive list of audio-streaming games. All lists i saw include many non-audio-streaming games. I think, there are total 10 or so games using audio-streaming. The main problem is how different sites understand audio-streaming. Most of them call any game with BG music as game with audio-streaming. While in general it's correct, it has no relation to "hardware" audio-streaming i.e. direct DVD-to-DSP (through special bus) which is actually i'm talking about.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wasn't saying anything offered better than the wode, just that it didn't do as advertised so was no good for me, the inconvenience of getting off of my fat arse and putting a game in the console is less to me than missing sound. I only pirate games I haven't played yet, and I own all the GC ones I liked so there's no messing around with DVD's. If the next version fixes this issue then I would look into getting another. Then it will be the ultimate solution, but now is just the best available.

But damn I just realised I put "all my", in my original post about this. Admittedly the games I tried first where Ikaruga, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero, Wave Race, and Resi 4. Only one worked right so after that I sold it.

And I really dislike how they hide the information somewhere where you wouldn't look until you've bought it. Something not working, no matter how trivial most may think it is, is not 100% compatibility as advertised.

EDIT: And I tried Starfox Adventure forgot that one. I know, I like some bad games. Tried these first because they where some of my favourites.

bcass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I consider the WODE to be something of a major betrayal. Nowhere is it well advertised that it doesn't support DVD>DSP audio streaming. However, there may be a small glimmer of hope. There's been some talk on the WODE forums recently about the possibility of a firmware revision that could theoretically remove some of the Wii-related features in order to get full GC audio streaming functioning. Personally, I'm not holding my breath.

Also, as well as Ikaruga, Star Fox Adventures and Wave Race Blue Storm, other GC games with DVD>DSP audio streaming are Super Monkey Ball and 1080 Avalanche.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The problem with identifying these games is that there's a bit in the disc id that tells the GC/Wii to enable audio streaming or not. And that bit is set for 50% of gamecube games, while actually about 10% really have audio streaming. If you want to know if a game has audio streaming or not, then just read some compatiblity lists for different backup solutions, if one of them says "no BGM" or "no voices", then the game has audio streaming.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bcass said:
I'm not holding my breath.

sound advice for any wode related feature I guess I'm not grilling them hard enough
evil.gif

IMO lack of streaming audio support should have been made clear on at the least sellers sites but then there's always the argument that its only necessary to advertise the features an item has rather than what it cant do.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
bcass said:
I consider the WODE to be something of a major betrayal. Nowhere is it well advertised that it doesn't support DVD>DSP audio streaming. However, there may be a small glimmer of hope. There's been some talk on the WODE forums recently about the possibility of a firmware revision that could theoretically remove some of the Wii-related features in order to get full GC audio streaming functioning. Personally, I'm not holding my breath.

Also, as well as Ikaruga, Star Fox Adventures and Wave Race Blue Storm, other GC games with DVD>DSP audio streaming are Super Monkey Ball and 1080 Avalanche.
Yea, remove that useless disc ripping feature and add DVD>DSP audio streaming support. If it cant be done with software, then how about WODE v2? CleanRip is a much better solution to backup games.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
Yea, remove that useless disc ripping feature and add DVD>DSP audio streaming support. If it cant be done with software, then how about WODE v2? CleanRip is a much better solution to backup games.

wouldn't help those that use wode without homebrew to backup games they actually own, one solution would be to release an alternate FW or Flatmii/ sun/ wiikey to add streaming to their devices.

is there even a flatmod that is capable of doing streams?

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiBricker said:
CleanRip is a much better solution to backup games.

i believe in this thread we are all useing S/Uneek+di ..
..why waste time with clean rip ..
..i prefer the disk dumper built rite into this S/Uneek
it has the best 1:1 support , imo

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
markehmus said:
WiiBricker said:
CleanRip is a much better solution to backup games.

i believe in this thread we are all useing S/Uneek+di ..
..why waste time with clean rip ..
..i prefer the disk dumper built rite into this S/Uneek
it has the best 1:1 support , imo
My claim relates to WODE and its disc ripping feature, not to sneek. But then, CleanRip is still better in disc ripping than SNEEK. It's faster, cleaner, more stable and has a dump verfication function.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well unfortunately this thread will die much more easier now since it doesn't look good for this loader.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is this reason why DIOS-MIOS development is stopped:
http://code.google.com/p/dios-mios/
[Why GC USB Loading won't work (completly)]
already mentioned in this thread? I'm too lazy to read all the pages.

If no mem2 access from ARM means no EHCI/usb2.0 support, ok. But how about sd card loading using only ppc? There is sd card code that is ppc code only(BootMii). There's even as much as 6KB memory in mem1 that can be used for >90% of games. Just kidding, i have my doubts this is enough, but still worth mentioning.

Is somebody able to strip DIOS-MIOS from all hacks other than getting into GC mode with full hardware access? This and the GC homebrew capablity might be enough to start writing a GC (front) sd card loader.

PS: This loader wouldn't require/use the ARM at all. Maybe it wouldn't even require mem2 access, just to be clear. And i imagine these 2 things would be the complicated ones.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think here is the wrong place to ask such things, rather ask crediar directly I bet he could turn dios mios into a .dol loader in a few mins
tongue.gif

wishmasterf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
WiiPower said:
Is this reason why DIOS-MIOS development is stopped:
http://code.google.com/p/dios-mios/
[Why GC USB Loading won't work (completly)]
already mentioned in this thread? I'm too lazy to read all the pages.

If no mem2 access from ARM means no EHCI/usb2.0 support, ok. But how about sd card loading using only ppc? There is sd card code that is ppc code only(BootMii). There's even as much as 6KB memory in mem1 that can be used for >90% of games. Just kidding, i have my doubts this is enough, but still worth mentioning.

Is somebody able to strip DIOS-MIOS from all hacks other than getting into GC mode with full hardware access? This and the GC homebrew capablity might be enough to start writing a GC (front) sd card loader.

PS: This loader wouldn't require/use the ARM at all. Maybe it wouldn't even require mem2 access, just to be clear. And i imagine these 2 things would be the complicated ones.

It not all true. He never said he stopped the project. I think he only want to explain his problem. Everyone said USB-Loading of GC will never work. But if you look at dios-mios it is not right. There are much things done on a maybe long way. But he and maybe other guys shouldn stop to walk the way!

Nice to see that you and i think other guys get the magic to think about a solution. So i think there will be a solution.

I think we should stop at first time sound support and work on compatibility. The sound problem will be solved. i knew that!! (or i i hope...no... i know that! ;-) )

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the Wii has access to the ethernet port in GC mode? is there anyway to have it intercept dvd calls through the ethernet port? then you might be able to use your hdd via ethernet? Just an Idea. You can get adapter here http://www.dhgate.com/1000pcs-lot-usb-a-fe...ae635f5b5f.html[/url]

It definetly wouldn't be as cool as just having it run USB off HDD with everything else, but maybe it could lead the way to run a virtual mem1 or arm or whatever your cant access virtually, perhaps on a USB Flash drive or sd card hooked up to Ethernet port. or even fool the GCmode into thinking it is reading the Ethernet port but it is really reading usb?

Feel free to flame my novice ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4