Not open for further replies.

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very Sad...

Maybe it is possible to turn gamecube games into channels and run them on a gigantic virtual nand?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
marduk666 said:
Very Sad...

Maybe it is possible to turn gamecube games into channels and run them on a gigantic virtual nand?
Thats basicly what DIOS-MIOS/SNEEK did. But it's not possible due to ARAM/MEM2 issues.

wishmasterf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
WiiBricker said:
DIOS-MIOS site removed =/ http://code.google.com/p/dios-mios/

yeu7prce.gif
DIOS-MIOS 06/2010 - 11/2010

Its a little bit sad that he didnt give the project a chance. Maybe in the future anyone could solve the problem.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
lovewiibrew said:
If he got all those donations he was asking for, and then did this, I would flame him to no end.
Why? Do you know the meaning of the word "donating"? You didnt get any rights for anything if you donate. It's not like he was asking for donations. He spent his limited free time to provide fans an incredible application for free, but noone is perfect and he certainly is not a magician, that can do what is impossible.

hersuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
WiiBricker said:
lovewiibrew said:
If he got all those donations he was asking for, and then did this, I would flame him to no end.
Why? Do you know the meaning of the word "donating"? You didnt get any rights for anything if you donate. It's not like he was asking for donations. He spent his limited free time to provide fans an incredible application for free, but noone is perfect and he certainly is not a magician, that can do what is impossible.

If we'd have donated, it would've been like a bum spending his dosh on grog.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know for sure why he decided to end the website? Kind of stinks, but ah well. I understand that it was probably just the technical issues it had (I don't know if anyone could 'fix' them or not) but it still is disappointing.

kallstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ADios Mios! We hardly knew you! RIP. Good effort Crediar. I think we can all live without GC USB Loading. Its not the end of the world.

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
WiiBricker said:
Actually, it hardly called as donations. He explicitly requested for donations before start this project.
From my point of view: you have to make something first and let people to use it. And ONLY then you may expect donations. That's how it usually works. With GC USB loading he did it wrong. Nobody wants to pay for nothing. And as we see now, DIOS-MIOS is a soap bubble... Long time of waiting and then get something which almost doesn't work.
I understand, it's hard to do and probably impossible to make it fully work - that's ok. I'm not talking about this.
If he could do this without teasing people and moaning for donations in advance, then the same cMIOS would be accepted much better.
It's simple psychology: if you have nothing and then get something then you are happy; if you wait for something teasing and then get something which is far from expected you feel only frustration.. Even if in first and second case you will get the same, acceptance will be different.

well, wait for SD-Boot then
smile.gif

Probably it will be more alive than dios-mios. If emukidd will be able to make HDD adapter with DMA transfer (instead of PIO mode like in SD-Gecko) then there is real chance to get reliable GC USB loader.
Actually, even Wii USB loader through this device is possible. The question is only about speed of such adapter.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
donating was supposed to get you access to the beta version
(even said so at RVlution forums, mysteriously that post is removed though)

crediar said there was to be a few versions , if he could do it.
[*]1 for previous donaters,
[*]1 that would only work if you dumped your own disks

i donated 3 times to help him out a 'friend' ...since no-one else was donating ....
... and even when he didnt get the 1200euro's he first asked for in irc sneek topic...
... he decided to try again and reopened the donations to more people in forums , namely RVLution forums
so thats when i donated the 3rd time.

however ,

i never got any beta access ...
i even got lied to and was told the project was scrap'd
irc said:
OH and another thing i am very curious to hear about... roadblocks or breakthroughs ... is dios mios
00[7:32pm] cutting down the numbers will , 'cause better results in projects too i assume
00[7:33pm] not that you arnt doing great already
13[7:33pm] * @crediar scraps dios mios
00[7:34pm] well it was a good goal
00[7:34pm] and i bet you learned alot
00[7:34pm] and taught others too
[7:35pm] I don't think others learned anything
00[7:35pm] wasnt braodoff an aid to dios mios failure ?
00[7:36pm] i thought it helped you to understand what was going on in the wii to maybe aid dios mios as well
00[7:36pm] and if so i say a few guys learning from that
[7:37pm] ah ok
-=-
[8:24pm] 06[20:36] * crediar scraps dios mios01 wow.. total 180. sorry to hear it.
-=-
14fgghjjkll> Crediar: Scrapped DIOS MIOS?
[4:09am] Sorry that you had to do that.

then he gave the world DiosMios beta in november...ffffttt (googlecode pg)
didnt so much as even tell the donators he posted it... very nice way to treat your donators...NOT!

then he gave me this:
irc[6:55pm] and you don't see how that could have been a joke?
00[7:04pm] i dont even care if it works or not, the idea was great and i donated
00[7:04pm] not for the app but for the fun and the friendship of helping you do something you enjoy
00[7:05pm] cant we just drop this already ?
Session Close: Sun Nov 14 19:05:04 2010

Session Start: Sun Nov 14 19:05:36 2010
Session Ident: crediar
[7:05pm] Session Ident: crediar (EFNet, markehmus) ([email protected])
[7:05pm] if you believe that I didn't try to fool you

Fact is , he did 'FOOL' me. i think he was just fooling with everyone.

my post from this link :
CLICKMII
shows when i expressed what crediar said in the irc conversation from september ..
.,.sept. was when the beta was supposed to be released.

he knew it was a dead project back then..
...but wanted to 'FOOL' around with people some more.

my geuss is,
thats all the google code was .. a big 'lets fool with people'
he knew the same sh!t is august that he knows now... same thing we all know now.

there was no mile stones to break by teasing everyone with the google code pg....
..just another 'haha fooled you' from crediar in my opinion.... and skold was fooled just like the rest of us were.

does everyone forget the preloader april fools joke??? haha..REAL funny ,eh?
this is some warped sence of humor in my opinion.

i agree with sorgelig(not wiibricker), i didnt expect the imposible , but i did expect him to keep to his word and not fool around with my funds and friendship. ... lesson learned , dont donate to crediar, that would be just FOOLING with your money.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you guys don't seem to know the difference between BUYING and DONATING ...

also I find it disgusting what you are doing using gbatemp to throw shit at crediar knowing that he won't replay here.

He spent tons of hours on DIOS MIOS and now it turns out he wasted his time on something that will never work, I would be pretty annoyed by that !

And now you come along and complain about everything, you had to wait for DIOS MIOS, oh noes !! crediar only wasted probably months of his life on it.

He teased you with that video? You serious? everyone does that they call it teaser or trailers.

He didn't release on time; no beta for the donater, who claims to only wanted to help a friend but in the end complains that he didn't get any beta for donating as if he bought the right to it.

This is life you should know that rarly everything works out as planned...

(Also it is NOT uncommon to collect donations before starting a project; i.e. bushing & co got >10K for their USBSniffer before writting any code!)

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SanGor said:
also I find it disgusting what you are doing using gbatemp to throw shit at crediar knowing that he won't replay here.
wont reply ? , oh well

He didn't release on time; no beta for the donater, who claims to only wanted to help a friend but in the end complains that he didn't get any beta for donating as if he bought the right to it.
this donator complained he was fooled & lied to, and ended up getting this beta compiled like evryone else..
but we are all allowed our opinions , nice to hear yours too

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully someone managed to get everything from the google code site so that other people can try to find a workaround.

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the google code project has been removed. It seems that it's password protected. Does anyone else agree?

NoOneDies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree it clearly, says that my 'client' doesn't have permition to access.

I supposed client means IP, otherwise it'd say that this page doesn't exist. Anyways the project is either dead or stalled. Although crediar pretty much said it's dead.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are there people still working on this and if so.. please share what you're working on.

I only found some time to compile and install it and toke a quick peek into the source but soon i'll go deeper inside it.
Yes I know that Crediar has it probably right and it will never work in the way we want. But then I tried at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols