Not open for further replies.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's a funny interpretation; by that definition someone who locks their doors is a coward because they're preventing someone from being able to rob them.

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since my name is surely in your list of "Riivolution people":

I have lots of apps open source. I don't feel the need to release source for everything though. tueidj has apps that are open source too, just because one that you want isn't doesn't mean he doesn't have others
also, check libogc logs, he has source contributions there. seems like he has enough backing to complain about others' code now

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
tueidj said:
That's a funny interpretation; by that definition someone who locks their doors is a coward because they're preventing someone from being able to rob them.
Nah, not at all. Your apps are freely available to the public. You just dont want people to modify your apps. But isnt that exactly what Nintendo dont want to happen, too? And still coders reverse enginnered and hacked their stuff. So your own interpretation is invalid.

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Wiisel said:
Ive tried talking to you to resolve it several times and there's been no help on your part I may be wrong to remove it ,I may be not
Action replay is still an issue as are ios wads unless you wrote an ios and AR from scratch ?
If you dropped the attitude and tried to work with me rather than shove your head further up your ass this could have been resolved.

Oh, common. You always jump from one topic to another. Before you always told about so-called stolen code from crediar. Now, you're talking about AR files. You never said what exactly files you against. You prefer to tell some unclear complains. Actually, it's not a problem to remove modified ActionReplay from folder if it's all you worry about. But did you tell about it before? Nope... Just something unclear. And mostly about NANDEmu and UniiLoader.
And where you see IOS WADs in my folder? That first IOS installer already has been removed long time ago before i've opened topic on wode forum. I've wrote new "legal" maker without nintendo code. I don't know why you still mention about IOS wads while there are no such in my folder. Again blind repeat of someone's words without check?

So what now? AR is the only problem? Then why didn't you tell me about it at beginning? Honestly, i've totally forgot about action replay file. Nobody mentioned about this file till now.
Funny, eh?

QUOTEYour own words: I'm developing special version of SNEEK. I called it "Deluxe" with some features absent or not convenient in original SNEEK.
Yeah.. i've planned to use "sneek" name to let people know similarity to sneek (Acronym cIOS has been used for modified IOSes from different authors), but later thought it's a bad idea. That's why my first release had no "sneek" name.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure I mentioned linking Datel's property atleast once in PM as did I mention I was willing to discuss things with crediar and whoever else was concerned about the content I also listed content that cannot be linked in the uniiloader thread.
Wiisel said:
Then link Uniiloader and not a mediafire folder containing any of Datels or anyone's stuff.

As expected you was your usual uncooperative patronizing self.

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
QUOTE said:
I mention I was willing to discuss things with crediar and whoever else was concerned about the content
No problem but only after you will get permission (from linux group, FSF, or whoever decide it) to keep WODE firmware on board without providing source code which is based on linux, NTFS-3g, etc...

I've deleted actionreplay already. As i said, i've forgot about this file.

Is that all?

Remfin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorgelig said:
You always jump from one topic to another. Before you always told about so-called stolen code from crediar. Now, you're talking about AR files.They "jump from one topic to another" because you are committing multiple violations.QUOTE(WiiBricker @ Dec 2 2010, 11:56 AM) Nah, not at all. Your apps are freely available to the public. You just dont want people to modify your apps. But isnt that exactly what Nintendo dont want to happen, too? And still coders reverse enginnered and hacked their stuff. So your own interpretation is invalid.
I believe the relevant quote is, "Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?" Either go ahead and reverse-engineer his stuff or shut up about it already. Because that's the only equivalency your logic provides and yet you refuse to do it, instead demanding (nay, saying he is required) to release source.

Which is especially hypocritical since you are defending a person who is not releasing source, and is doing so in direct violation of licensing terms. Especially when it's extremely easy to meet those terms (no money needed, no special negotiations, nada).

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sorgelig said:
QUOTE said:
I mention I was willing to discuss things with crediar and whoever else was concerned about the content
No problem but only after you will get permission (from linux group, FSF, or whoever decide it) to keep WODE firmware on board without providing source code which is based on linux, NTFS-3g, etc...

I've deleted actionreplay already. As i said, i've forgot about this file.

Is that all?

wode source code is being taken care of along with the migration to the newer kernel If I could make them do this faster than they are it would already be out.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
This topic should be for DIOS-MIOS not for flaming "the other one I dont like for some reason" the shit out...

and I would love to try sorgs NandEmu and Uniiloader.

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Mods please close this topic, there's nothing to see here anymore. DIOS-MIOS is dead, besides you're not supposed to let devs face each other. They're like rabid dogs.

I wonder, why is every console scene a big fat drama? heck the PC scene is the worst with the Wii scene coming close seconds with the whole "pirate pirate I'll lock youse" drama that's still going on. I'm okay with not getting the source code because they wanted to help combat piracy, I don't agree with it and they look like tools to me but they're probably thinking "heh they might pirate but we're not helping them"

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DIOS MIOS was a great thing, and it showed people that GC USB Loading is possible.

Now, please, close this topic. People gonna keep flaming.

Thanks for the work, crediar.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Remfin said:
sorgelig said:
You always jump from one topic to another. Before you always told about so-called stolen code from crediar. Now, you're talking about AR files.They "jump from one topic to another" because you are committing multiple violations.
I believe you are dumb. 99% of the members of this board committing multiple violations by downloading games for free. You can talk like this on a "clean" board, but not here.

Remfin said:
WiiBricker said:
Nah, not at all. Your apps are freely available to the public. You just dont want people to modify your apps. But isnt that exactly what Nintendo dont want to happen, too? And still coders reverse enginnered and hacked their stuff. So your own interpretation is invalid.
I believe the relevant quote is, "Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?" Either go ahead and reverse-engineer his stuff or shut up about it already. Because that's the only equivalency your logic provides and yet you refuse to do it, instead demanding (nay, saying he is required) to release source.
You fail to get, that I already said multiple times to give up argueing about the riivolution source. They would rather kill their own parents than release the source.

QUOTE(Remfin @ Dec 3 2010, 04:13 AM)
Which is especially hypocritical since you are defending a person who is not releasing source, and is doing so in direct violation of licensing terms. Especially when it's extremely easy to meet those terms (no money needed, no special negotiations, nada).
Dont you think it's hypocritical for you to argue on a board that condones piracy about violation of licenses?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
You fail to get, that I already said multiple times to give up argueing about the riivolution source. They would rather kill their own parents than release the source.
And yet you still do bring it up, every chance you get. Along with superdump which should also be a non-issue; there wasn't any GPL code involved and I offered to show you the source anyway to shut you up, despite abandoning that project over a year ago. Are you going to start picking on crediar too now that DIOS MIOS (do you really think he would abandon it?) has gone closed source? How about TT, they refuse to release the source code for their hackmii installer and HBC, even using extreme obfuscation to make sure nobody figures out how it works, surely they must be hiding something too! What about waninkoko's cios installer, I heard it sends all your wiiware and vc tickets to his server while installing and he hides all the code inside the music! How can we believe he isn't if he won't show us the source!

You don't like scene drama? Then get rid of people like WiiBricker, who aren't developers and continuously stir up controversy for their own purposes.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
tueidj said:
WiiBricker said:
And yet you still do bring it up, every chance you get.
Nope, last time I could not do otherwise than bringing it up because you have bitched about sorgs refuse to release his nand emu/Di plugin source. You of all people.

tueidj said:
Along with superdump which should also be a non-issue; there wasn't any GPL code involved and I offered to show you the source anyway to shut you up, despite abandoning that project over a year ago.
You said it yourself. You abandoned superdump and yet you refused to release the source. Honestly, if you as a dev are not going to develop your app anymore, why dont release the source like the majority of developers so that other people could have improved it? By the way, sorg was willing to share his source once he finished developing it.
And yes, you have offered me a PART of the source, but only if I accept a ban if I ever bring up the riivolution-source case again here. Despite that I said multiple times, that I'm not interested in superdump anymore since CleanRip was born, of course I refused your "offer". You probably asking yourself, why I still complained about you, not releasing your superdump source, after I said, that I'm not interested anymore. It's because of you were asking for sources. That annoyed the heck out of me. So dont ask for sources anymore, not on a board that condones violation of licenses by downloading games for free.

QUOTE(tueidj @ Dec 3 2010, 10:23 PM) Are you going to start picking on crediar too now that DIOS MIOS (do you really think he would abandon it?) has gone closed source?
No. Please dont compare yourself with crediar. I respect the heck out of this man. Unlike you he releases his stuff open source, even his apps can be used for backuo loading. And even if he keeps dios-mios closed source and put an AP on it, thats totaly fine with me. I dont need to pirate gc games since I have a big collection of retail games. If he isnt going to abandone DIOS-MIOS after all, that would be great, but if he does, then it's not the end of the world (he already explained that GC usb loading wont work due to MEM2/ARAM issues though).

QUOTE(tueidj @ Dec 3 2010, 10:23 PM)
How about TT, they refuse to release the source code for their hackmii installer and HBC, even using extreme obfuscation to make sure nobody figures out how it works, surely they must be hiding something too!
Why would I demand the source of the HackMii Installer? TT is already doing a fine job and honestly it's completly understandable why they keep the hackmii installer closed source since scam sites would simply steal their work by removing the scam notice, sell it and credit theirselfs.

You have posted more than the allowed number of quoted blocks of text

*sigh*

What about waninkoko's cios installer, I heard it sends all your wiiware and vc tickets to his server while installing and he hides all the code inside the music! How can we believe he isn't if he won't show us the source

Yea, thanks for the information, that has to be the case
vtqd2ux5.gif

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riivolution has an exploit in it to install like the Hackmii installer. why does TT get a pass and Riivolution not? sounds like things just didnt' fit your arguments so you changed them.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
megazig said:
Riivolution has an exploit in it to install like the Hackmii installer. why does TT get a pass and Riivolution not? sounds like things just didnt' fit your arguments so you changed them.
No. The only reason I wanted Riivolution to be open source is that it would have been very nice if it could be used with backup loaders (I know it's possible to replace files with WiiScrubber etc, but Riivolution is more convenient). The HackMii Installer installs the homebrew channel. The only purpose of the homebrew channel is launching homebrew files. And it does its job pretty well. So I dont have a reason to demand the source.

megazig, get it. I wont ask for riivolution source anymore. I've given up, you and your team won.

[/Riivolution case closed]

Since you brought up the exploit which is used in Riivolution and also in the official forwarder installers of some emulators, is there any chance to develop a kind of application that can "inject" or implement the exploit in any way to channel installers because it would be nice if we can install and deinstall any custom channels the way like we install Riivolution channel, WiiMC channel and the already mentioned emulator channels. That way, "non-cIOS users" can easily install any custom channel without sticking with cIOS.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When did I ever "bitch" about sorg not releasing his source? I asked for it in the original uniiloader thread, that was all. Did I get the project removed? No, a moderator removed the links and sorg himself then decided to pull the plug. I made 2 posts asking if source code was going to be provided and another 2 clarifying the GPL. I even helped sorg in the past, but I think he's already proven that he doesn't value anyone else's help.

I told you what happened to the superdump source, I butchered it. I'm not going to bother putting it back together. There's nothing magical about it, it reads blocks of data from the disc and writes them to a device; if someone can't come up with that on their own then they need to study more. I never even refused to release the source, in fact the original thread states "PM me if you want the source"; but nobody did and it was abandoned a little after a month (I stopped following the thread as soon as people starting asking how to join .bin files). You only started kicking up a stink about it long after the source code was gone, without even properly asking.

You claim you respect the heck out of crediar yet you're defending sorg's criticism, even when crediar himself has objected to it - prejudice at its best. Did you remember that he had to re-release SNEEK because the first release had a GPL violation? It's a shame sorg couldn't do the same with his loader.

Last I checked you weren't a moderator on this board so I don't see why you're telling me what I can and can't do. If asking for source code is pointless why did you make multiple threads asking for Riivolution's source? Is it only allowed when you make up baseless accusations to go with it? Funny how you tell me I'm not allowed to ask for GPL source code here because everyone's a pirate, yet you've made posts criticizing people for pirating games (even when you admit to doing it yourself).

Didn't you realize the last HBC was labelled "The USB2 Release" and that I was the one who did all that USB2 work? Maybe I put some anti-piracy code in there, or maybe I even ripped off waninkoko's EHCI module!

QUOTE said:
Since you brought up the exploit which is used in Riivolution and also in the official forwarder installers of some emulators, is there any chance to develop a kind of application that can "inject" or implement the exploit in any way to channel installers because it would be nice if we can install and deinstall any custom channels the way like we install Riivolution channel, WiiMC channel and the already mentioned emulator channels. That way, "non-cIOS users" can easily install any custom channel without sticking with cIOS.
They're completely different exploits; those forwarder installers rely on using AHBPROT from HBC while Riivolution uses an independent exploit to run under its own custom IOS. Riivolution's exploit has survived three Wii updates and counting, because it is kept secret.
ph34r.gif

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
tueidj said:
When did I ever "bitch" about sorg not releasing his source?
That was in that same thread, but your post got removed by a moderator.

tueidj said:
I never even refused to release the source, in fact the original thread states "PM me if you want the source";
Really? Where? http://gbatemp.net/t163598-superdump?view=...t&p=2077678 I cant find such a comment from you.
But I found this:

BTW, I talked to tueidj once asking him if he planned to release the source code and this was his response:
wasn't intending to, it's nothing very exciting
if you wanted to try, you could try tracking down the source for caitsith's dumper
the main speed improvement came from just compiling with the updated libfat that had write-caching

source

WB3000 kinda "asked" for the source here.
Your answer:

It's not magical. Here's what I've changed so far:
- Specify 256 sectors per cache page when calling fatMount
- Modified libfat to use MEM2 memory only
- Read/write only 32 sectors at a time for USB2 to avoid crashing (undocumented bug)
- Read from DVD in 32768 byte chunks

So please be honest.

tueidj said:
If asking for source code is pointless why did you make multiple threads asking for Riivolution's source?
I made just one thread. It got locked by a moderator even though the discussion was not over. All other discussions about riivolution source on another threads were actually off-topic.

QUOTE(tueidj @ Dec 4 2010, 02:22 AM) Is it only allowed when you make up baseless accusations to go with it? Funny how you tell me I'm not allowed to ask for GPL source code here because everyone's a pirate, yet you've made posts criticizing people for pirating games (even when you admit to doing it yourself).

Now you think you got me right? Sorry, but I'm not a "hardcore pirate" like many other people here. I actually buy games that deserve to be bought (and I never pirated any pokemon game, I didnt even touched black and white). Today I bought a retail copy of DKCR and I'm going to buy Golden Sun in 7 days too. It just annoys me when people pirate tons of good games and leech 24 hours a day (it sounds a bit hypocritical, but it's not).

QUOTE(tueidj @ Dec 4 2010, 02:22 AM)
Didn't you realize the last HBC was labelled "The USB2 Release" and that I was the one who did all that USB2 work? Maybe I put some anti-piracy code in there, or maybe I even ripped off waninkoko's EHCI module!
Nope, I didnt realize that. Kudos to you and thanks for your work.

I myself am already sick about arguing with you guys. As I said I wont ask for riivolution source anymore and I'm thankful for your contributions to the homebrew scene. So can we please make peace if I apologize to you and the rest of your team for making accusations and whatever I should have to apologize for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...