Hacking DIOS MIOS problem (game stops working after ~30 minutes)

Grawler

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was happy to switch from Dios Mios Lite to Dios Mios, so I could launch games from my HDD. I've got everything working and games run fine. At least for a while. However, today I've played Super Mario Sunshine using Dios Mios (it worked fine using Dios Mios Lite).

The problem is that after about two or three shines, the game glitches out. When I get a shine (this ends the level) either the game tries to save, but fails to find my memory card and gives me the typical "an error has occured, check the manual for more information" or it plays some bleeps and bloops, actually saves my game and then gives the error message. At this point the Wii turns itself off and I have to start everything up again.

I'm running the PAL version, using USB Loader GX r1193 mod2. I also have a GC disc inserted just in case, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Wii games work without a problem. As I said, the same ISO worked fine using Dios Mios Lite, so it's not a problem with the image I'm using.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DIOS MIOS doesnt have any keep alive function, a cIOS got that, so your drive may be a problem. What do you have for a drive?

Grawler

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DIOS MIOS doesnt have any keep alive function, a cIOS got that, so your drive may be a problem. What do you have for a drive?

Samsung Story 1.5TB.

edit: I think it's indeed the drive, it has one of those idiotic "green power" features. Now going to try with a Lacie Porsche 250GB.

edit 2: Works fine with the Lacie drive. Guess I'll use a dedicated drive for GameCube games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.