Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Its easy. Download gcreex and extract the archive to your desktop. Drop your iso in the same folder as the gcreex.exe. Open a command prompt (winkey+r, then type cmd),
Try this batch file and just drag your iso's onto it. Found it somewhere and modded it a bit to work better.
Code:
@echo off
if "%~1"=="" goto help

cd /d %0\..
%0\..\GCReEX -x "%~1"
pause
exit

:help
echo Drag the ISO file to the .bat
pause

Reactions: 1 person

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So what's the difference between the first NoDisc & NoDisc+??

And with the 2.2 7/20/2012 edition, are all games being forced to widescreen now? Because if so that would be nice to turn off in some games.

I have some Japanese games; are there any in specific that needed to be tested?
- Widescreen is disabled by default. You need to enable it manually (might depends on your used loader's settings).
- Japanese games are needed for completing the Official Compatibility List. Crediar is asking for anyone who can help, specially with 480p setting, and he asks that you go join his IRC channel if you can help.

- The NoDisc option is doing multiple patches to the game.
This setting was removed in DML 1.0, and instead of a setting for NoDisc controlled by the user it's now controlled by whether there's a disc in the drive or not.
So, the NoDisc is and was always active since 1.0, according you always had a disc in your drive.

But some games* didn't work with all the patches, so he added a new Extended NoDisc setting only for a part of the patches, not all of them.

You don't need the NoDisc option, as it's always active, you can't deactivate it.
But now you can choose to enable or disable only the problematic part of that patch using the Extended NoDisc setting (which I called NoDisc+, I can rename it to Extended NoDisc if needed).

If you enable NoDisc+, then the Full patching is done to the game (like before).
If you disable NoDisc+, then only a part of the patching is done to the game (controls the DVDGetDriveStatus only).

I guess I should set this ON by default, and user can disable it on a per game basis.

Regarding the "new" NODISC option (DML_CFG_NODISC) in DM v2.2,
is there anyone know which game has to "turn on" this new option
(EX: through GX r1198) then it can work correctly ?
It's the contrary, more games will require that this is turned ON. only a few games will work only if you turn off that setting, as part of the patches where problematic for some games.

* List of game working only with NoDisc+ disabled:
Prince of Persia:Sands of Time
Goblin Commander
King Kong

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
  • Baten Kaitos PAL -> Doesn't work, the player cannot start the game
  • Baten Kaitos Origins -> Doesn't work, the player cannot start the game
  • Prince of Persia Warrior Within PAL -> Doesn't work, game doesn't start
  • Prince of Persia TTT PAL -> Doesn't work, game doesn't start
  • Animal Crossing PAL -> Doesn't work, after DIOSMIOS Logo greenscreen
All tested with wiiflow and diosmios booter and the newest release.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
It's the contrary, more games will require that this is turned ON. only a few games will work only if you turn off that setting, as part of the patches where problematic for some games.

Goblin Commander
King Kong
Thanks for the "NoDisc+" information. But I still have a little confusion.

For example, GX r1197 has no "NoDisc+" option .
So I suppose the "NoDisc+" for r1197 is always disabled.

On the other hand, GX r1198 has the "NoDisc+" option and
the default is "off". So it should be the same as "r1197" unless
the "NoDisc+" is "ON".

I tested several games by using r1197 and r1198 (all with the latest DM v2.2)
but I can't find if there is any special game I have to use r1198 to
turn "ON" the "NoDisc+" to have it work correctly.

I only can find several games (like you mentioned "Goblin Commander"
or "Prince of Persia:Sands of Time" ) that I have to turn "OFF"
the "NoDisc+" option.

That's why I asked if there is any special game need to be
turned "ON" this option .

and r1198 has the
"NoDisc+"

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1197 doesn't have noDisc+, it wasn't released yet.
NoDisc and NoDisc+ was always enabled in DM, until it was added in 2.2 update2. So, yes it's disabled by default if you updated DM but not GX.

in 1198, The NoDisc setting IS the noDisc+
NoDisc is always enabled in DM
NoDisc+ is controlled by the user

I still haven't updated (r1199) to display both settings to prevent confusion. I will set NoDisc+ as Enabled by default.

I don't know if there are games which Required it as Enabled.
maybe keeping it disabled by default is fine for most games. We need more time to get reports compatibility for that setting.

dhwz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anyone got Mario Golf working PAL? I'm sure it used to work.

You've to use DM-Booter for that game it only works if Video patching is set to "None". :)
Cyan has to change some things then it should work with GX too.

@chop
The NTSC release should work without changing these option, at least it worked for me without chaning anything.

Reactions: 1 person

donovan6000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, the compatability of DM is nearly perfect now. Out of the 136 games I just tested, the only problematic ntsc-u games I have are:

007: Everything or Nothing
007: Agent Under Fire
Gun
PSO 1 & 2 Plus (i assume the patch isn't applied to the plus version?)
PSO 3
Star Wars: The Clone Wars

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some that has pso working on gx mind posting their settings? I can't get it to work.

There are more than one version of PSO 1&2 as the hack is very specific it will only work with these versions http://redump.org/disc/1483/ EUR and http://redump.org/disc/6426/ USA.

1197 doesn't have noDisc+, it wasn't released yet.
NoDisc and NoDisc+ was always enabled in DM, until it was added in 2.2 update2. So, yes it's disabled by default if you updated DM but not GX.

I still haven't updated (r1199) to display both settings to prevent confusion. I will set NoDisc+ as Enabled by default.

maybe keeping it disabled by default is fine for most games. We need more time to get reports compatibility for that setting.

It should be OFF by default since so far we know three games for certain that break and only one game (Pokemon Channel) which requires it to work.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, thank you :)

edit:
Paper mario PAL: NMM works, 480p works (adds a little more pixels to the displayed picture on the right, like a widescreen effect, but not bothering)
tested on 2.0 and 2.2

What does NMM debug do?
I didn't check the source to see what's the difference between the standard NMM.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone got Mario Golf working PAL? I'm sure it used to work.

You've to use DM-Booter for that game it only works if Video patching is set to "None". :)
Cyan has to change some things then it should work with GX too.

@[member='chop']
The NTSC release should work without changing these option, at least it worked for me without chaning anything.

Thanks for the tip works great from DM Booter. Couldn't find the option for no video patching per game in wiiflow either.

RiPPn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Baten Kaitos PAL -> Doesn't work, the player cannot start the game
  • Baten Kaitos Origins -> Doesn't work, the player cannot start the game
  • Prince of Persia Warrior Within PAL -> Doesn't work, game doesn't start
  • Prince of Persia TTT PAL -> Doesn't work, game doesn't start
  • Animal Crossing PAL -> Doesn't work, after DIOSMIOS Logo greenscreen
All tested with wiiflow and diosmios booter and the newest release.

Make sure you don't have a memory card in slot B for Baten Kaitos, if you do it will black screen when pressing "new game," however with the slot b empty works perfect.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
So what's the difference between the first NoDisc & NoDisc+??

And with the 2.2 7/20/2012 edition, are all games being forced to widescreen now? Because if so that would be nice to turn off in some games.

I have some Japanese games; are there any in specific that needed to be tested?
- Widescreen is disabled by default. You need to enable it manually (might depends on your used loader's settings).
- Japanese games are needed for completing the Official Compatibility List. Crediar is asking for anyone who can help, specially with 480p setting, and he asks that you go join his IRC channel if you can help.

- The NoDisc option is doing multiple patches to the game.
This setting was removed in DML 1.0, and instead of a setting for NoDisc controlled by the user it's now controlled by whether there's a disc in the drive or not.
So, the NoDisc is and was always active since 1.0, according you always had a disc in your drive.

But some games* didn't work with all the patches, so he added a new Extended NoDisc setting only for a part of the patches, not all of them.

You don't need the NoDisc option, as it's always active, you can't deactivate it.
But now you can choose to enable or disable only the problematic part of that patch using the Extended NoDisc setting (which I called NoDisc+, I can rename it to Extended NoDisc if needed).

If you enable NoDisc+, then the Full patching is done to the game (like before).
If you disable NoDisc+, then only a part of the patching is done to the game (controls the DVDGetDriveStatus only).

I guess I should set this ON by default, and user can disable it on a per game basis.

Goblin Commander
King Kong

From what you said, I agree with having NoDisc+ enabled by default and turning it off for the few games that need it. (And I now get why there wasn't two listings for NoDisc.)

That and, I'll work on the list of JP games I have. Q: for some of my games it says that they've been working in DM since older revs like r42 etc, I think it's a good idea to test them again on 2.2 and see how they work.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan

It should be OFF by default since so far we know three games for certain that break and only one game (Pokemon Channel) which requires it to work.

OK. I see the "slightly" difference between NoDisc+ is "ON" or "OFF"
to load "Pokemon Channel".

nightwalker320

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys I know Ive been naggin about this for a while but Im kinda desperate right now. I went and used a diferent hd to see if thats what was causing the problem. The problem I have is that all the games boot up just fine but when they go to a loading part (for example when olimar finds for the first time the disk with the red pikmins) the wii drive starts making some noise and then the error page pops up (disk error shut down the gamecube message). And I have a wiikey 1 installed in it and now my backups that I had in dvd doenst boot up. I have installed the latest dios mios and Im using usb loader gx 1198 and dios mios booter r29. Really if someone had this same problem and managed to solve it or knows what to do please let me know. I would really appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...