Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
You know, if the loaders were to detect the config version of DM and then half-blindly always just report that same number back to it when sending the configuration there would never be a "apploader size is zero" error.

(You would never know what to expect it to do when the version is changed to something the loader doesn't know what to do with but it could always give the user a "update needed" or "incompatible DM version" prompt and just send all zero's or something like that as the config to be safe.)

cirjeffrey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howto PSO I&II:
-format your game to GCReeX format ( i used Gamecube ISO Tool last rev)
-Install Dios Mios 2.2
-Usb Loader Gx R 1197 with
Ocarina disabled
progressive patch disabled
nmm disabled
led enabled
pad hook disabled
no-disc disabled
widescreen disabled
debug disabled
And memory card in slot B and gamecube controller in slot 2 !

i tried following this but i still get stuck at the black screen after the splash screen i cant find a download link for usb loader gx 1197 anywhere either any help? i really miss pso D:

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
i cant find a download link for usb loader gx 1197 anywhere either any help? i really miss pso D:
Here you go

I added Wifi log for Devolution and DML2.2+ support, and a Force Widescreen setting for DM.

Now you need to set the installed DM version manually in the Global Loader settings.
If the selected version doesn't match, DM will not use any settings and boot from Disc.
By default it's using the latest known DM version, so if you didn't update DM yet don't forget to change the setting.

USB Loader GX r1197
Added DML 2.2+ new NoDisc support.

USB Loader GX r1198

Reactions: 1 person

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
where exactly do i put the files after i extract them? thanks for the help btw! saved me from so many headaches
You just choose one of them (probably the DOL file in the 249 folder) and make sure named or renamed boot.dol and put it in the folder in the /apps/ folder where your previous version was. It should end up being something like this /apps/usbloadergx/boot.dol
Does Dios Mios still break wii games?
It shouldn't have ever broken Wii games, actually.

Exige

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had a little bit of luck with getting PSO to load, but not much. Trying it with 'no disc' disabled didn't really get me anywhere (still the black screen after the DIOS MIOS splash), but with it enabled, I was finally able to get it to load... somewhat. PSO gave me a "The Disc Cover is open, if you want to continue the game, please close the disc cover" error, but seeing as how the Wii has no disc cover... Inserting a disc didn't really make a difference either. I see people have been getting it to work with the latest revision of both DIOS MIOS and their preferred USB loader, so some help would be appreciated.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My solution : try again few times. after 2 or 3 retries it finally boot.

The problem I was actually having was Showmiiwads wasn't extracting the .app file from dios mios into the proper place, so I had to go in and manually update it.

Now DM 2.2 is booting on neek2o for me.
You didnt use the DM neek version on the diosmios google code page?
And why not?

I prefer neek2o.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
My solution : try again few times. after 2 or 3 retries it finally boot.
The problem I was actually having was Showmiiwads wasn't extracting the .app file from dios mios into the proper place, so I had to go in and manually update it.

Now DM 2.2 is booting on neek2o for me.
You didnt use the DM neek version on the diosmios google code page?
And why not?
I prefer neek2o.
I thought it would be the same version for both neek and neek2o.
I also thought the neek version was installed as a BC and not a MIOS ... while this would explain why ShowMiiWads wasn't extracting it into the right place, it's interesting to me that it still works for you just moving it to the MIOS folder. (assuming that's what you actually did)
Since it's calling the MIOS without running BC code, does it go faster for you that way by any chance (BC not dropping the clock speed down)
a normal, original Nintendo BC in neek would actually run the MIOS from real NAND and so not touch the MIOS from the emuNAND ... what do you have installed on your real NAND?

I'm just kinda intrigued what's actually happening here.

cirjeffrey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im still having the same issue. what else could be the problem? do i load the game through dios mios bootloader or through usb loader gx? before i run the game through the GCReEx application am i supposed to leave it as a .gcm file or convert it to iso? are there any changes in settings im supposed to make? sorry for all the questions but i just want to get this to work

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll change the setting name in GX to prevent confusion.
In fact I'll add a second NoDisc option called NoDisc+ (I hope it's fine with Crediar).

The NoDisc setting will alert the user that the option is not used anymore and that he needs to put a disc in the drive instead.
The NoDisc+ will be shown in the game settings only when using Config v2

edit:
Also, Sorry, I don't have any Japanese game to help with the compatibility list.
So what's the difference between the first NoDisc & NoDisc+??

And with the 2.2 7/20/2012 edition, are all games being forced to widescreen now? Because if so that would be nice to turn off in some games.

I have some Japanese games; are there any in specific that needed to be tested?

Adventure Island
DK's Jungle Beat
Donkey Konga
Donkey Konga 3
Doubutsu Banchou (AKA Cubivore)
F-Zero GX
Kururin Squash
Luigi's Mansion
Odama
P.N.03
PC Genjin (AKA Bonk's Adventure remake)
Soul Calibur II
Star Soldier
The Legend of Zelda: The Four Swords
Wario World

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can i just say again how happy i am that hdd sleep was taken care of in dios mios! i thought i would have to buy a new drive because everything but gamecube games were working on it! Thanks Again!

Xenith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: in GCReEX, i need use -x in the cmd o -C? i dont understand :S

-x is for extract an iso
-c is to rebuild an extracted iso

GCReEx.exe -x GWRE01.iso creates a folder named GWRE01 (Wave Race Blue Storm iso for example)

GCReEx.exe -c GWRE01 rebuilds the extracted iso as out.iso (GWRE01 or whatever the GAME ID is the name folder to be specified when rebuilding an iso)

Hope this helps
Can you explain to me how t use gcrexe, I just don't get how to use it .=.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Regarding the "new" NODISC option (DML_CFG_NODISC) in DM v2.2,
is there anyone know which game has to "turn on" this new option
(EX: through GX r1198) then it can work correctly ?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: in GCReEX, i need use -x in the cmd o -C? i dont understand :S

-x is for extract an iso
-c is to rebuild an extracted iso

GCReEx.exe -x GWRE01.iso creates a folder named GWRE01 (Wave Race Blue Storm iso for example)

GCReEx.exe -c GWRE01 rebuilds the extracted iso as out.iso (GWRE01 or whatever the GAME ID is the name folder to be specified when rebuilding an iso)

Hope this helps
Can you explain to me how t use gcrexe, I just don't get how to use it .=.

Its easy. Download gcreex and extract the archive to your desktop. Drop your iso in the same folder as the gcreex.exe. Open a command prompt (winkey+r, then type cmd),

Then type

Code:
cd desktop/
this will change the directory to your gcreex executable.

then type
Code:
gcreex.exe  -x

at least i think its that. I don't have access to a windows computer to test atm

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Fantastic - Luigis Mansion (pal game on pal Wii) is now working fine with 2.2(.3?) Was not working on other 2.2 versions.
Brilliant stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol