Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone needs to update the entry for Mega Man X Collection and add a warning that states the game will not work on most LCD TVs when you use component cables.
I think this game only supports 480i, so component and composite should work no matter what.
It just does'nt support progressive scan.

Funny, because back when I had DML on CFG USB Loader, the game would turn black no matter what settings I used under the video tab (480p 480i, Force PAL50, Force PAL60, default, you name it), and this is with both third party and official Wii component cables. I've been told reportedly that the game is encoded in 240p, and being an unconventional resolution for most HDTVs, the game simply will not load up past the Capcom loading screen. Perhaps the TV I have just so happened to be the one that doesn't support 240p, but the Sony Bravia LCD TV at my parent's house runs the game fine.

Proof or it isn't supported on component video.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. I fear lest someone might come up to me and say, "that's not right, it works just fine on LCD TVs with component video cables, blah-blah"....

Edit: Made changes to game entry

(Still think using composite cables on an HDTV to get one game to show up properly to be trivial).

Added Tales of Symphonia (NTSC/U) to the Wiki; since the game prompts you to save, progression to Disc 2 isn't an issue.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Someone needs to update the entry for Mega Man X Collection and add a warning that states the game will not work on most LCD TVs when you use component cables.
I think this game only supports 480i, so component and composite should work no matter what.
It just does'nt support progressive scan.

Funny, because back when I had DML on CFG USB Loader, the game would turn black no matter what settings I used under the video tab (480p 480i, Force PAL50, Force PAL60, default, you name it), and this is with both third party and official Wii component cables. I've been told reportedly that the game is encoded in 240p, and being an unconventional resolution for most HDTVs, the game simply will not load up past the Capcom loading screen. Perhaps the TV I have just so happened to be the one that doesn't support 240p, but the Sony Bravia LCD TV at my parent's house runs the game fine.

Proof or it isn't supported on component video.
This is a tv isseu not component. Works fine here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrzvqlmg7j2gklw/CIMG1637.JPG

Reactions: 1 person

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

fdant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know that swap discs is not supported, but in Metal Gear Solid, did anyone tried to save the game on the last area of disc 1 and load it on disc 2?

This video shows where the disc change occurs

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a tv issue, not component. Works fine here.

what brand and model?

It's too late for me to sell my TV and get a new one, now isn't it? How the hell was I supposed to know what supported 240p?
Well it runs in 480i. So it should work.
https://www.dropbox....lw/CIMG1637.JPG

You have a bad dump.

You still didn't answer my question. And Nintendo acknowledges that not all HDTVs support 240p resolution. As for a bad dump, there's no way for me to know before whether it's going to be good or a bad dump. I have a 32" Vizio LCD HDTV because I'm not rich and famous enough to spend $4000 on a 46" Sharp 3D LED HDTV.

It has to be my TV, not a bad dump, even VC games can't be displayed at their native settings on certain displays http://img802.images...802/257/noa.png

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is a tv issue, not component. Works fine here.

what brand and model?

It's too late for me to sell my TV and get a new one, now isn't it? How the hell was I supposed to know what supported 240p?
Well it runs in 480i. So it should work.
https://www.dropbox....lw/CIMG1637.JPG

You have a bad dump.

You still didn't answer my question. And Nintendo acknowledges that not all HDTVs support 240p resolution. As for a bad dump, there's no way for me to know before whether it's going to be good or a bad dump. I have a 32" Vizio LCD HDTV because I'm not rich and famous enough to spend $4000 on a 46" Sharp 3D LED HDTV.
Well to answer:

This game does not run in 240p.
I use cheap component cables by qware.
i have an old samsung lcd tv le32b650
Standard settings in latest beta usb loader gx, no forcing anything.
It runs at standard resolution like any other gamecube game.
progressive scan is not supported only interlaced.
It should work on any tv with component or compsite cables.
black screen ussually means you have a bad dump.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been told by people on this forum time and time again that the game was ported to the Gamecube in its native 240p resolution, and that composite cables must be used . No one ever told me that it was in 480i. I see the memory card load screen, which is weird, but once Capcom shows up, there's audio, but not video. It could be that when I used CFG USB Loader with DML somehow screwed something up, I don't know, but can anyone confirm if Vizio TVs support this game? I REALLY shouldn't have to get a new TV for this issue. I have both official and third party cables.

And this - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/926372-mega-man-x-collection/43955098

"Apparently when you hook up the game via component (either using the GC or Wii cables), the game will try to output via 240i/240p instead of 480i or 480p. That display mode is not supported by any of my component-input TVs."

flagoss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well, it's not only mario sunshine, it's a HDD problem not the game itself.
You need to remove the sleeptime.
i dont see how thats possible very few drives have a option to remove sleeptime

I have the same exact problem with Super Mario Sunshine !! Game always crash at loading using the same hard drive that is working well with Wii games !!

All the games were starting well but after some progress they were always crashing at the same place ie: at the end of level or the start of a boss battle etc
Well after testing my hard drive with three different usb controlers the problem was my hard drive. Its a 2.5" Western Digital WD5000BEVT. I transfer all my stuff on a 3.5" Western Digital WD2500AAJS.
Its weird because I use the same hard drive for wii stuff and all games are working 100% but GameCube games all crash with a "An error has occured...." screen. When that happen I can hear the Wii drive starting to spin.

Maybe we should start a hard drive compatibility list !

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I have the same exact problem with Super Mario Sunshine !! Game always crash at loading using the same hard drive that is working well with Wii games !!

All the games were starting well but after some progress they were always crashing at the same place ie: at the end of level or the start of a boss battle etc
Well after testing my hard drive with three different usb controlers the problem was my hard drive. Its a 2.5" Western Digital WD5000BEVT. I transfer all my stuff on a 3.5" Western Digital WD2500AAJS.
Its weird because I use the same hard drive for wii stuff and all games are working 100% but GameCube games all crash with a "An error has occured...." screen. When that happen I can hear the Wii drive starting to spin.

its cuz ur hardrive went to sleep and the wii is looking for the game

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country

That could be a good idea.
If sleeptime is an issue, a cheap alternative would be to simply remove the HDD from your brand name case, buy a generic internal to external USB case ($10~20) that doesn't use any special software or have a sleep-mode and go from there.
I had to do it actually because my brand name ext.usb hdd drive has a motion sensor (like if it's bumped or falls off of something) and the sensor went kinda bad so that it would constantly trigger the sensor just from being on.

Oh and, it's kinda bummin' me out that the DM compatibility isn't as good as DMLs... Oh well, just gotta wait.

flagoss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That could be a good idea.
If sleeptime is an issue, a cheap alternative would be to simply remove the HDD from your brand name case, buy a generic internal to external USB case ($10~20) that doesn't use any special software or have a sleep-mode and go from there.
I had to do it actually because my brand name ext.usb hdd drive has a motion sensor (like if it's bumped or falls off of something) and the sensor went kinda bad so that it would constantly trigger the sensor just from being on.

Oh and, it's kinda bummin' me out that the DM compatibility isn't as good as DMLs... Oh well, just gotta wait.

Well Why would a retail sata Hard drive have a sleep feature ?? I didnt bought a usb hard drive....I bought a retail western hard drive that we sell to replace harddrive in laptop or ps3 and I bought a universal usb Enclosure. I also tried with another brand usb enclosure and also a simple sata and ide interface cable ! All had the same behavier with the 2.5" Western Digital WD5000BEVT s but everything is working with the 3.5" Western Digital WD2500AAJS drive. Also in mario sunshine, I can make the game crash a soon as 45seconds after the level load and start. Don't think the harddrive really have time to go in sleepmode.

I tried with that http://ca.startech.c...ble~USB2SATAIDE
and that http://ca.startech.c...sure~SAT2510BU2
and with http://www.vantecusa...view_detail/390

I also try to put the sleeptime to 5.5hours with the western tool that seem to had work but didnt change anything in game !

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How is this list supposed to be interpreted? It's impossible to determine what the status color spheres mean.
thats the list of GC games they have in their database
the spheres mean how sure they are about the data they have is correct
details on mouseover

edit:
afaik cleanrip does automatic verification against this list
aditioanally from what I heared it takes as much care as possible

unless you can run something like "md5sum game.iso"
easiest way may be to simply rerip with cleanrip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That game maybe too violent for your granny tho. Better get Barbies Dream house instead.