Homebrew Dios Mios Lite GC Games from SD reading Disc only instead of ISO

CraigT86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read so many posts with similar issues and have tried so many things and still having issues, probably some dumb setting somewhere but really need your help.

I am running 4.3 U dashboard

I currently have installed Dios Mios Lite 2.10 through wad manager w/ RVL-BC-v6.wad installed also

Newest version of USBloader Gx 3.0 r1215

No matter how many different combinations of DML versions I try it always boots the disc in drive instead of the iso in SD:/games/(GM2344)example/game.iso

Ive tried Dios Mios booter and selected the game highlighted as the iso im trying to run and its the same

screen blips a bit graphics wise then the dios mios logo appears, blip again then loads the game in the drive

Please help im sure its something dumb that im doing that is obvious to one of you generously helping, much appreciated

CraigT

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Game booting from Disc instead of ISO is generally a config's version problem.

DIOS MIOS expected version changed at v2.1 (Config is now at Version 2)
USBLoaderGX updated these changes in revision 1197 to send Version 2 if DML is higher than 2.1, and version 1 if lower.

As you are using 1215, it should detect and send the correct config's version for all DIOS MIOS (Lite) from v1.2 to v2.10

I think that you might be using an old version of USBLoaderGX, even if you said that you are using 1215.
Are you launching the loader from the full installed channel? (which is USBLoaderGX 3.0 r1180)

You need to launch the loader from Homebrew Channel, or from the Forwarder channel in order to load the boot.dol located on your SD card.
verify that you are using r1215 by going in the loader's credit page.

CraigT86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply Cyan, on the credits screen of USB Loader Gx on the very top left it says Dios-Mios Lite v2.9+, on the top right it reads Rev 1215 IOS249 (Rev21007) (d2x v7final base56)

If it was an issuse with just USB Loader not being up to date though, wouldn't Dios Mios booter still work right?

Must be an issue that would effect DM Booter and USB gx to both not load the iso right?

I am opening USBloader Gx through homebrew channel, but i do see what your saying now if i open USBloader gx from the channel on the wii homepage the credit screen is different , there is no Dios Mios detected on top left of screen and top right reads v3.0c IOS249 (Rev 21007) (d2x v7final base56)

Although after opening it through the homebrew channed with the correct credit page it still loaded the game in drive not the iso.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Then I don't know what's wrong.

If it's not the loader (you tried different ones and have latest releases), then it's either DIOS MIOS Lite or the device+ISO.
USBLoaderGX detected DIOS MIOS Lite, so I suppose it's correctly installed, leaving only the device, path, game dump.

- try another SD card (type/size/format)
- be sure the path to the iso is not too long (try with the GameID only)

CraigT86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to give you an update and Thank you Cyan for your help!

You were correct in suggesting a different SD Card, I swore that the 8GB SDHC I was using was formatted to 32k allocation , but trying a different 8GB SDHC (Kingston) worked perfectly and solved all problems. Great Progress.... But it wasn't over

I went over my friends place over the weekend and we successfully modded his Wii the same as mine and he took it one further.

We put Dios Mios on instead of Dios Mios Lite to run off of an external HD. We partitioned the hard drive for his and my Wii for 1st primary partition as Fat 32 and second partition as NTFS which we later converted to WBFS because of issues in the USB Loader GX not allowing us to change the partition in settings as we wanted.

We ended up using USB Configurable Loader which despite which partition you choose we could launch GC games as well as Wii Games freely without having to change the setting in the partition.

Everything is working perfectly now, all of our game backups launch without problem all on the same external hard drive.....

Couldn't be happier

Thanks again for your help

CraigT

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's strange that you couldn't change the selected partition to display Wii games from the second partition.
there's an option to list all partitions at the same time, maybe it could have fixed your problem.

but if converting to wbfs and/or using Cfg Loader works fine for you, then it's good.
just know that the WBFS partition format is not very stable, but as long as you understand that it can corrupt your games just redump old games if they end not working anymore and you'll be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...