Hacking DIOS MIOS! GC ISO Loader proof of concept (Starfox Assault)

• Thread starter Deleted-171178
  • Start date
  • Views 149,602
  • Replies 682
Status
Not open for further replies.

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OncleJulien said:
terminal_illness said:
septembers almost over, i doubt this will ever get released. i call shennanegans.
can i get a list of all the threads you'll be posting "it's never comin' out!" in today so that i dont have to hunt around for them?

thanks.
it was just the two
biggrin.gif
, do you disagree with me? i was cranky the other day, however i stick by what i said.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
it was just the two
biggrin.gif
well, i know that now, but i didnt know that then, i thought maybe you were just getting this party started.

terminal_illness said:
do you disagree with me?
not in the least, i find your prescience to be somewhat awe-inspiring, to be perfectly honest.

QUOTE(terminal_illness @ Sep 26 2010, 11:27 AM)
i was cranky the other day, however i stick by what i said.
youre living with a disease thats about to claim your life - i think we can spot you a couple cranky days every now and again.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I haven't beed on irc for weeks now, but it doesn't look good:
http://code.google.com/p/broadoff/updates/list

That's what Crediar needs to work correctly. I don't know why, but he said he had serious trouble with his current method, so needs to replace MIOS completely. And in order to do that, he needs to understand how it works and what it does. And the arm emulator is supposed to help him with that.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
WiiPower said:

That's what Crediar needs to work correctly. I don't know why, but he said he had serious trouble with his current method, so needs to replace MIOS completely. And in order to do that, he needs to understand how it works and what it does. And the arm emulator is supposed to help him with that.

Very interesting, thanks for the heads up. Crediar is really one kind of a guy, lets hope he will succeed.

lazor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
WiiPower said:

Very interesting, thanks for the heads up. Crediar is really one kind of a guy, lets hope he will succeed.
you're welcome

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More like just over a month... That said, Credair is free to take a break for awhile without informing everyone... He's big in the wii scene so if he was giving up, I'm sure there would be mention somewhere...

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koji2009 said:
Credair is free to take a break for awhile without informing everyone...
with enough advance warning, sure...they are, by far, the best airline to use when one is traveling to greece, but taking a month off is hardly what i would call professional or using good business sense.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
OncleJulien said:
koji2009 said:
with enough advance warning, sure...they are, by far, the best airline to use when one is traveling to greece, but taking a month off is hardly what i would call professional or using good business sense.

What? crediar isnt working for us, you know. Its just his hobby oir pastime or something.
I think crediar is most certainly free to take a break, hell he could even leave the scene without informing any of us, he doesnt have to care.

Mid123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OncleJulien said:
koji2009 said:
lol

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
koji2009 said:
Oh, so programming as a HOBBY is the same thing as a business now eh? If you say so.

rudedoggx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
OncleJulien said:
koji2009 said:
Oh, so programming as a HOBBY is the same thing as a business now eh? If you say so.

You have no idea what's going on.

lazor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i go to greece i just hide on a cargo ship. usually the ship will have fish so i won't go hungry.

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
9th_Sage said:
Oh, so programming as a HOBBY is the same thing as a business now eh?

it depends... Crediar said that if he won't get amount of money he want then he won't work on/release cMIOS. So, it doesn't look like hobby anymore. He want to get money even before release it. It doesn't look like he like to do it. (If i like to do something, i'm doing it regardless of can i get money from it or not). Probably with such attitude he won't release it. My be, he grew up from hobbyist and want to make money. So, probably he will leave scene and will do some pure commercial projects alone or in some company.

skk-depth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sorgelig said:
9th_Sage said:
Oh, so programming as a HOBBY is the same thing as a business now eh?

it depends... Crediar said that if he won't get amount of money he want then he won't work on/release cMIOS. So, it doesn't look like hobby anymore. He want to get money even before release it. It doesn't look like he like to do it. (If i like to do something, i'm doing it regardless of can i get money from it or not). Probably with such attitude he won't release it. My be, he grew up from hobbyist and want to make money. So, probably he will leave scene and will do some pure commercial projects alone or in some company.

Did you even read Crediars faq on rvlution net?

CODE
And now small part about the donation-mess:
It started as a normal fund, all who donated didn’t know that they would get beta access to DIOS MIOS, at no point beta access was for “sale” via donations and never will be!
After one month went by and only one donated I decided that there is no interest and closed it.
I thought it’s only fair that those who support me gain something for it.
And why did I still code it though the fund target wasn’t hit? Well because for me it was a just a fun challenge getting the impossible done.
You won’t get any access to DIOS MIOS due donations and currently nobody else besides me has DIOS MIOS if anyone is telling you he has it or donated for DIOS MIOS he is lying!
Case closed!

http://rvlution.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=396

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
yes, i've read it long time ago.
What he is doing looks like he lost interest. Only money can keep his interest, according to his message. Many people here are very interesting in cMIOS, but only few would like to pay. If you really like to have GC USB loading and ready to pay - then don't wait. Buy a WODE and be happy
smile.gif

The key point for many people here is to get this for free while crediar counts only people who pays
wink.gif

if he really would like to know how many people would like to get this, then simple poll will show result. But even poll is not required. It's easy to look at this forum. Every other topic is question "how to launch GC game from USB".
So, excuse from crediar (that message) is at least looking strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la