Hacking DIOS MIOS! GC ISO Loader proof of concept (Starfox Assault)

• Thread starter Deleted-171178
  • Start date
  • Views 149,633
  • Replies 682
Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
He doesn't need to hardcode anything, he can just request public ecc key of the users... (or write a program that just sends it over internet) encrypt the software and sign with the users key... Once running on the wii he has access to private ecc key pair of the user and hence he can just decrypt and check the signature of the software and boot it...

Could he do it? : yes
Will he do it? : dunno but if I were him that would have been my choice

Leaking? Definitely not an issue with the above method...

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luckily I am not Crediar... I would have too much fun if I designed a good GC loader.

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
Zetta_x said:
Luckily I am not Crediar... I would have too much fun if I designed a good GC loader.
If you don´t even respect have respect for coders like Crediar, you should be banned from the scene. Be grateful those guys do something they probably like doing, so you don´t have to do it anymore.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
danielkraak said:
Zetta_x said:
If you don´t even respect have respect for coders like Crediar, you should be banned from the scene. Be grateful those guys do something they probably like doing, so you don´t have to do it anymore.
Banned from the scene? It doesn't sound like you really know what you're talking about.

Anyway, this seems interesting. I wonder how it's done. Is he running these games in Wii mode?

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
He doesn't need to hardcode anything, he can just request public ecc key of the users... (or write a program that just sends it over internet) encrypt the software and sign with the users key... Once running on the wii he has access to private ecc key pair of the user and hence he can just decrypt and check the signature of the software and boot it...
sounds like a worthwhile project - can i donate some funds to help him make it happen?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
OncleJulien said:
WiiCrazy said:
sounds like a worthwhile project - can i donate some funds to help him make it happen?

I doubt crediar will choose such a path but of course you can always ask it.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
danielkraak said:
Zetta_x said:

What the hell are you even going on about?

No one said anything about disrespecting Crediar or any other homebrew developers. Even if I disliked Crediar, why should that warrant a ban from the scene? What makes it worse is that you happen to quote my sentences and blow off that garbage.

I just said if I had designed a good GC loader, I would have fun with the homebrew community. I might make them play jeopardy or name the first 151 original pokemon in reverse order before releasing the GC loader. By the hints of this thread, it sounds like Crediar is developing a good GC loader, if I was in his position, I would totally have fun with it.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You really don't wish someone would leak it. Unless you like the possibility of it never being completed or upgraded, that is.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone calling crediar a selfish prick are, in fact, themselves a selfish prick.

It's his code, he was smart enough to find out how to write it, and he was smart enough to make it work.
He deserves to do whatever he wants to do with his own code.

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O.O I'm confused. did crediar ever really say he was only giving the people that donated the loader once it's in workable condition? Or is people saying he said but he didn't.. Or he's just messing with us?

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
One thing I don't understand: he needed the money to make it work, but ended up with a lack of donations and now he is only gonna release a stable version for the people that did donate ... So where was that other money needed for again
rolleyes.gif

Don't get me wrong if a good prog needs some cash for research/dev. I'm happy to pay, but don't gimme this I can make the prog anyways without the money but I'm just not gonna give it to ya cause you didn't pay me ...

My advise if he did loose a lot of his own money/time on this project: release the soft with an incrypted key and get people to pay a small amount of money to get the key decrypted. that way everyone's happy
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one