Hacking DIOS MIOS! GC ISO Loader proof of concept (Starfox Assault)

• Thread starter Deleted-171178
  • Start date
  • Views 149,631
  • Replies 682
Status
Not open for further replies.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I guess in the end he just couldn't let it rest and just had to finish it for the sake of it.
Making something which is considered impossible is always a great achievment!

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leave crediar alone it's his program why do people bitch about not testing it it's through luck that it's been done I'm sure it took him quite sometime we can wait on this even if it takes awhile just be more patient and wait until what happens next.

Blasingame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, think it is possible to get the loader to recognize Nintendo's Wifi as the broadband adapter for the Gamecube? I'd love to be able to use my Wii to play Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2 on schthack's private.

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
Blasingame said:
Now, think it is possible to get the loader to recognize Nintendo's Wifi as the broadband adapter for the Gamecube? I'd love to be able to use my Wii to play Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2 on schthack's private.
Probably not.

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
When I started from the front post, I was like Holy Crap, a GC USB Loader is gonna happen.

Now I'm kinda bummed out. I'm considering getting a WODE, but I like the pretty interface that the Configuable USB Loader has (I have no problems with the MIOS loader, it's just kinda flat for a system like the Wii). I kinda hope this gets released and added to the Configurable USB Loader source some how.

On the release it or your a dick note, I've made tons of private programs I didn't release in the past. It would be nice if this was released, but I don't blame the guy if he doesn't. Though the reason is a bit childish. I'd ask for donations during the install screen and in the readme.txt and transparently threaten project abandonment if my demands weren't met. Regardless, now that we've seen it (sort of) that means it's possible. All science is based on observation. The reason we can't travel at subliminal speeds is because we've never observed it. We've only theorized. This is the same. I have no clue how to program for the Wii. But I hope that some one who does will release something like this some day.

For now, it seems a WODE is the best possible choice for GC games with disks a close second.

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kayot. Have you heard of Wodeflow.. Changing wiiflow to work with the wode.. LOL theres a pretty interface right there.And you can also have covers for wii games and gamecube
tongue.gif

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
danielkraak said:
Blasingame said:
Probably not.

In theory it's possible, you just have to identify the code that talks to the bba & patch it. It's conceptually no different to how the disc reading code works.
Wiimote/Classic controller support should also be doable.

It won't necessarily work with every game though.

However, unless you have a GC loader to start with then you can't do anything extra. It's the kind of thing that open source is good for.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moosehunter said:
SanGor said:
QUOTE said:
deep into that darkness peering long I stood there, wondernig ... fearing ... doubting ...

try to guess before clicking the link

http://crediar.no-ip.com/dm_ed.jpg

I always thought that was the weirdest splash screen for a game

yah wen't on irc saw everyone but it was like blank is everyone like sleep on the other side of the
world or is it a fake room... and only private donators get the real server or what???

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It's weird way to develop software.
He should make proof of concept first and then people who is interesting will pay him. Like we see it now.
And by the way, i don't call it "donation". They way he demand it, hardly can be named as donation.

P.S.: i have WODE and can load any GC game from USB already. Thus for me it's just a bit curious, not vital
wink.gif

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
In fact you dont already know, Crediar developed his own MIOS which he uses to play GC games in GC mode via USB and SNEEK. But his MIOS also works without SNEEK but this is a bit more complicated.

Lets hope that he makes progress.

loony636

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a really, really bad precedent to set for Homebrew. At the moment Nintendo seem to be playing nice with the Homebrew scene, just quietly releasing new firmware versions to try, at least in a nominal way, to get rid of it. But making money off it is a great way to tip this into the territory of illegality and get Nintendo to start issuing C&D orders and handing out the fines.

Asking for donations is fine; if people want to contribute to the development of Homebrew by helping developers afford things they need, then that's fine, since there isn't a net gain and people don't make money off it. But that isn't what it sounds like here; what it sounds like is the developer wanting renumeration for his services. And that's not a donation, that's payment. That's profiting on Nintendo's console without the appropriate permission to do so, and that's only going to make things worse.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you all realized that Crediar hasnt written a single post where he "actually" asked donations?

Maybe you should hold on to your oppinions until that is real.

IMO: I guess donations are ok...specially for those guys that spend a lot of hours trying to make something for us. So its ok to save 300 € or more for not buying games...but not ok to donate 5€ to a guy that is "working" for us?

As i said, my opinion... feel free to think whatever you want to.

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
why even make it if noone can enjoy it? so you can dangle it over our heads? like your fishing for donations and dios mios is the bait. well im a smart fish and you wolnt even get a nibble from me. im gonna go deep into my school of fish network. and sooner or later i will get the bait without being caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5