Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I hate to be the one breaking it to you but it seems unlikely that it will be done this February since translating takes quite a bit of time, not counting the time spent on fixing bugs and all. Sure, hope for the best but don't get your hopes up waaaay too high. I've seen people do that and boy, it was not a pleasant sight. Maybe Feb next year? We don't really know either. Just a friendly word of advice (in case someone accuses me of losing my cool LOL). :)

The problem is simple. This game needs very qualified people. There are very few of them. These few people do have things besides this project to do (eat, drink, sleep,...) and then there is the real life factor.

We all love this project and all, but we take our time to make it right, and rushing it will only crush the spirits and everyone will lose motivation eventually.

I also take into account that not everyone works at the same speed in the group.
This is ok.

While my hopes are to finish it this year, by now, the staff is simply too small to say that for sure.

The problem here, as I said is not me unwilling to hire more people. But the lack of qualified people.

Sometimes I have to reject people applying, not because I'm trying to be mean, but trying to hold the quality of this release.

I'm proud about the team and the people we have aboard and it takes however long it takes.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The problem is simple. This game needs very qualified people. There are very few of them. These few people do have things besides this project to do (eat, drink, sleep,...) and then there is the real life factor.

We all love this project and all, but we take our time to make it right, and rushing it will only crush the spirits and everyone will lose motivation eventually.

I also take into account that not everyone works at the same speed in the group.
This is ok.

While my hopes are to finish it this year, by now, the staff is simply too small to say that for sure.

The problem here, as I said is not me unwilling to hire more people. But the lack of qualified people.

Sometimes I have to reject people applying, not because I'm trying to be mean, but trying to hold the quality of this release.

I'm proud about the team and the people we have aboard and it takes however long it takes.
LOL don't worry. I understand. I am proud of you guys too. Seeing how some people broke down many pages back, I just wanted to tell the new guy not to hope too much by expecting a release in a month XD

Jadentheman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Digimon Advenutre patch will probably be done before this one. However that's probably because we already have the script, names, and all of those localization resources. Plus the ISO is apparently easier to hack.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what the hell are you saying ? Oo
When you'll end up with THAT PROBLEM =>
immagineih.jpg

You'll seriously have to tell me how you'll do. Mr "the game is easier to hack"

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what the hell are you saying ? Oo
When you'll end up with THAT PROBLEM =>

You'll seriously have to tell me how you'll do. Mr "the game is easier to hack"

Broski, gotta calm down man. Note the low post count. Note the sign up date. That's probably indicative of his intelligence on the current situation. He doesn't know what he's talkin bout. Ignore silly posts like that.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland

This is ok.

So I guess the main problem is finding people speaking both languages fluently enough to provide a proper translation? Or does working with the text passages take that much time?

CrashmanX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I guess the main problem is finding people speaking both languages fluently enough to provide a proper translation? Or does working with the text passages take that much time?

I believe it's the former more so than the latter. I don't believe the coding is that hard given Roxas' tools.

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah Crashman, that's just that everybody is still coming thinking it's easy to romhack... baffles me, but I'll stop, I guess this whole digimon crap just made me angry too much xD

SuperSZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah Crashman, that's just that everybody is still coming thinking it's easy to romhack... baffles me, but I'll stop, I guess this whole digimon crap just made me angry too much xD

Nobody said "EASY" they said "EASIER" (comparing Digimon Adventure to Re Digitize). It's different. I don't remember anyone saying something like "translating is easy, it's a piece of cake" or something like that either. You are too sensitive man, you should take each comment with the importance that they deserve according to the user who made the comment (you shouldn't be angry if, for example, someone who just registered here 2 minutes ago and doesn't know ANYTHING starts to say something about release date, about the difficulty, etc)

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Re Digitize IS easier...
you just don't see it.
Adventure suffer from lots of text problem, the game wasn't coded to make it in English, Re:Digitize IS easier in every of those way.

CrashmanX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody said "EASY" they said "EASIER" (comparing Digimon Adventure to Re Digitize). It's different. I don't remember anyone saying something like "translating is easy, it's a piece of cake" or something like that either. You are too sensitive man, you should take each comment with the importance that they deserve according to the user who made the comment (you shouldn't be angry if, for example, someone who just registered here 2 minutes ago and doesn't know ANYTHING starts to say something about release date, about the difficulty, etc)

Bro, why?
Let it go dude. No point in trying to rile him up like that. All this Digimon is makin everybody crazy.

SuperSZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Bro, why?
Let it go dude. No point in trying to rile him up like that. All this Digimon is makin everybody crazy.

haha, I mentioned that just because. Not to start a fighting here or anything (if I wanted to do that, I would have simply mentioned begginer translation vs pro translation :lol:). Everything's cool man :yaypsp:

fulcar95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I've been following this project for a couple months now. I'm really excited to play the game as soon as the patch finishes, and I'm really grateful that you guys are working so hard (especially without pay) to provide this translation patch for all the fans out there. I wish I could help, even a little, but I don't know much coding or much Japanese. The best I could do is probably some simple yet repetitive task, like finding 50 specific values on a script and replacing them all with new ones, or copy/pasting the same line of code into a bunch of different places, etc., something like that, just to make things a bit easier. However, I did read some of the previous pages, and I saw how you answered others who also offered to help, so don't worry I know the answer. Just know that if I had the skills to help, I definitely would.

Anyway, I just had a quick question. Hopefully this wasn't asked already, and hopefully I don't piss anyone off for it either, but I see on the first page under the "What is currently translated:" section, all but 2 out of the 30-something objects listed say 100%. The remaining two are Evo Chart Description, which is at 25%, and Mail, which is at 50%. To me, that sounds like more than the majority of the game has already been translated, so from that it seems like you guys are really close to being done, and yet I still hear that we'll have to wait till November or even next year. Now, that's just me being naive. I could have read it wrong. I don't know when that post was last updated, I don't know how many were on the team when it began or how many are on now, and I don't know if each "100%" per object means that the text was not only 100% translated but also programmed into the game and tested to ensure it works without any bugs or issues, since it could just mean that you guys have the text translated on some doc outside of the game. So, my question is, what is left besides the Evo Chart and Mail that still needs to be worked on/completed in order for the patch to be ready for release? I looked at the Translation blog also, but they didn't really say. All the recent post mentioned was that if things continued to progress, then the patch will be finished in no time, and also that they plan to move on to a different project later on.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys. I've been following this project for a couple months now. I'm really excited to play the game as soon as the patch finishes, and I'm really grateful that you guys are working so hard (especially without pay) to provide this translation patch for all the fans out there. I wish I could help, even a little, but I don't know much coding or much Japanese. The best I could do is probably some simple yet repetitive task, like finding 50 specific values on a script and replacing them all with new ones, or copy/pasting the same line of code into a bunch of different places, etc., something like that, just to make things a bit easier. However, I did read some of the previous pages, and I saw how you answered others who also offered to help, so don't worry I know the answer. Just know that if I had the skills to help, I definitely would.

Anyway, I just had a quick question. Hopefully this wasn't asked already, and hopefully I don't piss anyone off for it either, but I see on the first page under the "What is currently translated:" section, all but 2 out of the 30-something objects listed say 100%. The remaining two are Evo Chart Description, which is at 25%, and Mail, which is at 50%. To me, that sounds like more than the majority of the game has already been translated, so from that it seems like you guys are really close to being done, and yet I still hear that we'll have to wait till November or even next year. Now, that's just me being naive. I could have read it wrong. I don't know when that post was last updated, I don't know how many were on the team when it began or how many are on now, and I don't know if each "100%" per object means that the text was not only 100% translated but also programmed into the game and tested to ensure it works without any bugs or issues, since it could just mean that you guys have the text translated on some doc outside of the game. So, my question is, what is left besides the Evo Chart and Mail that still needs to be worked on/completed in order for the patch to be ready for release? I looked at the Translation blog also, but they didn't really say. All the recent post mentioned was that if things continued to progress, then the patch will be finished in no time, and also that they plan to move on to a different project later on.

Uhum the Translation chart is not up to date.
I have my reasons though.
100% refers only to the translation part.

But believe me: We don't sit three weeks doing nothing. So expect um... something... ;)

The majority of MENU related stuff has been translated. Story wise, still a lot to do.

As I mentioned before: When I update, I want it to be something that was worth waiting.

You guys would have nothing to gain from me saying what is at 100% if you can't SEE what it means, right?

Bunch of 100%s don't change the big picture.

Sorry, but I always think big :D

Reactions: nryn99

AJLevelUp

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
¡Hey guys! I just wanted to thank you for working so hard in traslating this game, I know it isn't an easy job. I was trilled when I found out this was coming out since I'm a big fan of the first Digimon World game (The one for ps1) and a big fan of the Digimon saga itself, but now that I know I might be able to actually play it and understand the story ¡I'm more excited! Anyways, thanks for the hard work, I decided to become a member and give you support from here, I'll keep an eye on the post for any new info. Bye ;)

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you ever need a grammar proof-reader, I'd be glad to help!!! The translation is not up to that point (I think), but I'm just throwing it out there.

CrashmanX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.. Just a question, since there is a PSN version of this game,
.. would the patch be applicable on both versions of the game(CLEAN and PSN ver.)?

Unless the Install Data is modified via the patch, it would not be compatible if you bought it via PSN.
Now if you're talking about downloading a Clean/PSN version, I'm not 100% we're allowed to discuss that here.

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Since I only have the UMD... I can't say about the PSN Version sorry, I never really bought a PSP game online so ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Some CRTs are very much worth the price