Gaming Digimon World Re:Digitize - Anyone making translation?

trhennly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.mediafire...uqonvvv3nyvf3ff

This is fixed file 15 partially translated using the pre-existing file 15 I looked it over dozens of times and I'm pretty sure I've filled in the ?marks
There are question marks originally in spaces: 32, 44 and maybe some others.
They look like ???but depending on what software you're using they're smaller question marks

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think there is no point in releasing a patch at all before 100% otherwise it will just raise expectations which we can't promise to fullfil because we haven't even gained access to every file.
But then again, patience is a virtue not everyone posesses, so honestly doesn't matter for me, but a simple menu translation is one of the worst things for patches in my opinion. It promises more
and usually stops there.

Concerning the spreadsheets, they are good but they also have their flaws. I would consider rechecking them, in some cases I've seen some mistakes.

trhennly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there is no point in releasing a patch at all before 100% otherwise it will just raise expectations
Eh, I can see where you're coming from. I guess I was thinking of the few games that do get English patches and how patches are released every so often, but I forgot how most if not all of them stop about halfway and we wouldn't want the same to happen to this translation project :)

AJ999000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I think there is no point in releasing a patch at all before 100% otherwise it will just raise expectations which we can't promise to fullfil because we haven't even gained access to every file.
But then again, patience is a virtue not everyone posesses, so honestly doesn't matter for me, but a simple menu translation is one of the worst things for patches in my opinion. It promises more
and usually stops there.

Concerning the spreadsheets, they are good but they also have their flaws. I would consider rechecking them, in some cases I've seen some mistakes.

you are right
it isnt a good feeling when you hope for something good to come and it never comes
i think we are now excited that is why we are making some translations
so i understand from you that you want everybody to stop uploading .csv files until you guys can translate the whole game

then i wish you luck guys and i think you are able to do it
even if in the future you didnt make it enough please just release what you achieved

i wish you luck all

AJ999000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
and if you guys couldnt translate something use this site it is like a dictionary it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than google

example :

のろい : n. (Kanji=仕付け) tacking, basting, pertaining to a type of loose stitch which holds material in place until the final sewing; discipline, training

v. (Kanji=躾ける) train, discipline, teach manners

v. (Kanji=仕付ける) baste, tack, attach with loose stitches (Sewing); train, discipline, teach manners

( so you can choose the closest to the meaning for the word in the game )

here is the link :

http://translation.babylon.com/japanese/to-english/

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry but Babylon Translator is in no way better than Google.

For Japanese you go with rather useful dictionaries which provide you the context because there are so many in which it can be.

A rather useful Dictionary is http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/ because it actually is one and not another Online Translator.

Also keep in mind guys: Humans are designed not to be perfect. Take the spreadsheet as a reference but keep in mind, it is in our nature to make mistakes.
So the spreadsheet can as well contain some.

trhennly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A rather useful Dictionary is http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/ because it actually is one and not another Online Translator.
I used a Japanese dictionary, and I believe the spreadsheet creator(s) did too because I found out the same as they did when translating 神聖なマタタビ
the closest translation is sacred catnip but it doesn't actually translate to catnip :P

And who is 'collecting' all of the csv files then because I have a few of them but is there any one person who is collecting the files? I wish to obtain a list of currently translated files. I have a completed file000, file 07, file 11, and a near complete file 28.

AJ999000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia

And who is 'collecting' all of the csv files then because I have a few of them but is there any one person who is collecting the files? I wish to obtain a list of currently translated files. I have a completed file000, file 07, file 11, and a near complete file 28.
i download all the .csv files that were posted here and i am right now doing some stuff in file 15

HUNTERCAT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey, Roxas. Maybe you can help help from the people at xxxxxxxxxxxx. If you want to. There are people there that understand Japanese as well.

Just for future reference, you might want to edit this post, because it's against the rules to mention those sites.

Yeah, sorry about that. I kept forgetting that mentioning other's site is against the rules.

Reactions: 1 person

trhennly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok well since it doesn't appear like anyone is doing it, I'm gonna try and translate file 001. It has the item descriptions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock